Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Ageless Planet: Fortbent Adventure CYOA: Completed.  (Read 11067 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The Ageless Planet: Fortbent CYOA
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 05:38:29 pm »

>As you travel, practice the art of killing things with thrown snow. This will save your life some day.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 05:59:11 pm »

This can only end well.

> refuse to be outdone by comrades and violently butcher assorted animals on your journey
Everything's in the news today

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2014, 06:48:42 pm »

Yeah, I'm going to have to delay this update till tomorrow due to a myriad of technical difficulties that is basically just my usual intense failure in specific areas that I blow way out of proportion.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 05:33:18 am by Putnam »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2014, 06:51:09 pm »

Yeah, I'm going to have to delay this update till tomorrow due to a myriad of technical difficulties that can be summed up by me being an utter failure in anything relating to actually doing anything right.
...care to elaborate? Perhaps we can help.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2014, 06:52:03 pm »

There's an issue with Fortbent that I failed to catch that is basically summed up as "I forgot to make a backup and version control put 4 hours of work down the tubes oh yeah and also fuck you putnam your save's crashing for unrelated reasons"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2014, 05:19:38 pm »

Quote from: Graknorke
Spread news of the brave defeat of a bandit. vicious horde of nefarious killers and thieves.
Quote from: HugoLuman
>As you travel, practice the art of killing things with thrown snow. This will save your life some day.
Quote from: cyberTripping
> refuse to be outdone by comrades and violently butcher assorted animals on your journey
Quote from: FreudianSlip'nSlide
>To Mostring!

You'll spread the news at Mostring; waiting for people to wake up is a waste of time. Before you leave, you eat, drink and convert your shield into grist. The shield was slowing you down; your sword can block anything short of dragonfire.

On the way to Mostring, a night creature attacks you! You see it flying very high, but coming at you rapidly; you look for a rock or something to throw at it and find nothing. You apologize to the gods of all that is not shitty, faibrcate sord.... and throw it.

OH HESTUR THERE'S SO MUCH ARTIFACT GRIST THIS WAS A BAD IDEA... wait, no, you can work with this. You begin throwing the especially shitty abstract game constructs at the night troll.

It lands and oh hestur Harlin's down and being stabbed and there's blood everywhere and you managed to stab her in the lower back but then she bit you and now you've lost a good chunk of your teeth (who bites teeth???) and then you stab her in the upper body and rake your way up and now she's split in twain.

Oh hestur Harlin. Oh hestur you. You're both bleeding pretty heavily, and Harlin's tears aren't helping with the sight. You ask him how he's feeling over and over, in hopes it'll help. Oh god he's not answering. You can feel his pain combined with yours, concentrate as hard as you can on making him just feel a little better, you know it won't work--

But it did. That's... new. You can see that he's feeling a new emotion... elation? In any case, he's feeling better. This is completely fascinating.

Your bleeding has quelled and so has Harlin's. What do you do?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SKILLS:
PARTY:
JOURNAL CONTENTS:
APPEARANCE:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:35:15 pm by Putnam »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 11:33:35 am »

Latent psychic powers yay.

Anyway, take some sort of trophy or trophies or meat or something, either from the night creature or wherever it lives.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 04:50:28 pm »

>...To Mostring! Again!
Everything's in the news today

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2014, 05:17:35 pm »

Quote from: cyberTripping
>...To Mostring! Again!

The thought occurs to you that you nearly died to a single scrawny creature with a knife, and that bandits tend to be more skilled and harder to kill. Plus, walking in to Mostring and killing the first bandits you see may make people think you're weird.

You might still go, but you're having doubts.
Meta:

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2014, 06:14:19 pm »

No way are we going to pass up some looting opportunities. Shouldn't the lair be nearby?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2014, 03:55:37 am »

Um, yeah, no. Let's not go trekking through the untamed wilds straight out the door. Hestur would be ashamed at your lack of defensive training! (I don't know if Bladekind increases your parrying ability, but if it does, it isn't doing it enough! Your newly-extracted teeth can attest to that!)

Find something small and harmless, piss it off, and train dodging like you want it to go up a few billion steps on the echeladder. If you want to not be murdered by bandits, not being hittable by them is a good first step.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2014, 04:04:12 am »

(I don't know if Bladekind increases your parrying ability, but if it does, it isn't doing it enough! Your newly-extracted teeth can attest to that!)

(it does)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 01:50:38 pm »

Quote from: Cerol Lenslens
Um, yeah, no. Let's not go trekking through the untamed wilds straight out the door. Hestur would be ashamed at your lack of defensive training! (I don't know if Bladekind increases your parrying ability, but if it does, it isn't doing it enough! Your newly-extracted teeth can attest to that!)

Find something small and harmless, piss it off, and train dodging like you want it to go up a few billion steps on the echeladder. If you want to not be murdered by bandits, not being hittable by them is a good first step.

Okay, you nearly died to a monster with a dagger. You do think that training would be the best course of action.

...You can't move your left hand after the fight. That was your good hand. Good thing you decided to forgo shields.

Harlin, meanwhile, has completely lost the use of her right leg. Wait, her? Crap, you need to keep track of your companions better. You thought Harlin was the female one and Herido was the male one. Well, that's embarrassing. Good thing you never actually used any gendered words to their face, eheheh oh please let neither one be psychic.

Anyway, with that bit of filler thought out of the way, you get to looking for animals to train on. You ask your companions to wait as you wander around. You come across some rabbits and grab one.

You let it wail on you for a while. It's fairly painful, and at one point it manages to take a swipe at your chitinous windhole and chip it a little. That's... a bit dangerous, so you stab it through the upper body. It flies 26 meters.

You soar through the echeladder rankings, reaching oh who are you kidding. That was not very productive. Plus, you nearly died to a rabbit. Best not tell the others about this.

What do you do?

INVENTORY:
SKILLS:
PARTY:
JOURNAL CONTENTS:
APPEARANCE:

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 05:33:22 pm »

How do we suck so bad. Rabbits though.

Rest up for an hour or two, then ask around nearby non-bandited towns for information of things to kill that aren't so deadly, wild animals or something.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 06:19:57 pm »

How do we suck so bad. Rabbits though.
page of heart.
Wait. I don't know much about this mod. Did you change hell into the medium, or is there no potential for a Sgrub session to start starring your adventurer?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6