Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Howto: hotfix your dwarves wielding mugs and goblets until it's bugfixed  (Read 1971 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

I did post this in the tavern thread I believe, but I keep seeing posts in other threads from people mentioning the mugs and goblets thing.

Even though a Legendary Misc. Object User, double wielding gold goblets is fun, here's a temporary fix for you:

1) remove all booze stockpiles from your taverns, and mugs from your taverns' containers (perhaps mug stockpiles too, I never used those inside taverns). No need for tavernkeepers either. This will ensure no dwarf gets a new mug or goblet after the fix.
2) dump all mugs from your dwarves' inventory. Note that some dwarves might carry two, which aren't always next to each other in the inventory list.
3) done. No more mugs held, military dwarves will now properly use all their weapons, and your dwarves will all move slightly faster, because less weight carried.
You can unforbid the dumped mugs without problem, they're not owned.

Your dwarves will miss out on nothing at all by removing tavern keepers, mugs and booze from your taverns. Tavern keepers are broken in this version. They give a mug of booze to a dwarf, but a dwarf will not drink from it, instead he'll wear it.

Your taverns can still have performers assigned (not that these seem to do any more performing that any random dwarf but that's another issue), and will still be used for the various socializing activities.

Just make some mug stockpiles (I don't use bins but it could be they're not bugged for mug stockpiles) near you booze stockpiles and your dwarves will get their own mugs, and put them back properly after drinking.

Note that if at any time you remake a tavern with booze, mugs and tavern keeper, your dwarves will slowly start wearing mugs again.
Also note that it might not be a bad idea to let your military train with mugs for a while. Even after they drop them the misc. object user will be useful for shield bash.

EDIT: you only need to dump mugs that are worn (on left or right hand). Mugs that are (hauled) are being used for a proper drink job.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 01:28:09 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Howto: hotfix your dwarves wielding mugs and goblets until it's bugfixed
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 12:40:53 pm »

Huh. Good info. This'll be fixed in the next update, right? (Along with the zombies, which might finally allow me to break my zombie siege :P )

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 01:11:30 pm »

Huh. Good info. This'll be fixed in the next update, right?

9403 is not fixed yet.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 01:26:48 pm »

Little addendum: You don't need to deconstruct containers from your taverns, as long as you make sure the required number of goblets is set to zero. You can still store musical instruments in containers, in taverns.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479