Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should founders be rewarded with tiles to build on?

Founders should have a fixed number of useable tiles to own!
- 5 (29.4%)
Founders should be awarded more tiles to build on by popular consensus!
- 6 (35.3%)
No hard limits, just be reasonable!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 54

Author Topic: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Overseers Needed!)  (Read 52640 times)

Onod Itlud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Villagers Wanted!)
« Reply #225 on: November 27, 2014, 04:23:32 pm »

Would enjoy a dwarf. Medical Professional, or a Metal Worker of a sort. Bonus points if it has military skills. Pref Male, but whatever fits.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 27, 2014, 09:56:25 pm »

The deal is Im either going to complete my year tonight and type up nifty reports throughout the week or will have regretfully bow out.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 27, 2014, 10:56:51 pm »

Would enjoy a dwarf. Medical Professional, or a Metal Worker of a sort. Bonus points if it has military skills. Pref Male, but whatever fits.

Welcome to the village, Zasit 'Onud Itlud' Olonabal.  I am glad our chairs interest you so.  You will make a fine Bone Doctor.  You and your metlasmith wife Cilob have migrated here, have braved the wilds to live as humans do in the largest dwarven experiement of its kind!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[good news, the frames are with me!]
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 27, 2014, 11:58:32 pm »

PK was overwhelmed.

The elves had arrived with a meager offering, and without a military to speak of he was remiss to let them go.  For a few paltry pieces of clothing, he bought some fresh fruit from them and promptly ignored them.  He didnt think the elves were so useless, from all the stories of archery and grace and ethical vanity.  hmmph.
  Well, the silly little î, they can wait around for the next deal we won't be making.  If our crafts lack ethics than theirs lack interest.

PK hadn't much time to ponder their failures as traders when he recieved a wave of 15 migrants.  15!  Fort population had near doubled overnight, and without any place to put them or some kind of therapist to sort them he quickly gave up attending to their needs like he felt they should be.  If the migrants of a fort needed to fit like a glove, these migrants were mittens; just slathered over the labour spectrum lazily.  Some of them seemed to be professional procrastinators.
And let that be a lesson to any pets you bring!

The mines received love, as PK demanded that more conglomerate be dug up to satisfy his desire for a sturdy hospital.  The miners didnt seem notable, but were just a happy to be working as not.  A moody dwarf demanded a leatherworker's shop, and thus a house became the temporary refuge of such an industry.  A leather face viel was the macabre result of his efforts.  Goblins everywhere probably felt a shiver of envy run up their wretched spines when it entered the world.

Other news:  Lemonpie is a mommy!  Congrats, Lemon, your healthy baby girl has interrupted your important hauling labors,  Not to be outdone Neblime swiftly retaliated with a beautiful baby boy, followed almost immediately after by Bembel's prodigy.  Koreg, why wasnt I invited to whatever party was thrown?  It appears to have a fruitful night . . .

Ummm, 5 days old and cave adaptation?  Kind of . . . interesting statement on wombs :P
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 12:07:23 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 28, 2014, 03:12:08 am »

Im asking because its everyones village.  Do I kill him?
PKs DF Mod!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 28, 2014, 03:16:49 am »

Have we a vampire?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 28, 2014, 03:17:26 am »

We do.  He fits the profile.  I was secretly hoping not to find him . . .  :-\  Y U find him out, Lemon?
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 28, 2014, 03:44:07 am »

Well, nobody responded. ---
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 05:02:09 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 28, 2014, 07:19:35 am »

Killitkillitkillitkillitkillit!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 28, 2014, 09:15:32 am »

PK was pleased with himself.

He plans for the hospital were going well - the first floor was being roofed and the basement was dug out.  It would be a serviceable hospital, if a little cramped.  The more gruesome of the soap making process would be housed in the basement, to avoid squick; in the same room that will house the apprentices.  The second floor will make his own; an office for those so inclined to mental suffering would get to see him at his most private.

With the warmer weather came more migrants, no doubt curious to live a life on the surface.  Many immediately threw up upon reaching the tavern, no doubt used to the idea of living a life completely free of the protection of the subterranean rock.  The inn was unfortunately covered in festive green speckles.  The human traders had been highly amused at our design choices.

The caravan leader, "Err-ik" lustedchapels, tolds us that we were building too tightly to properly accommodate traffic:
- -'Why look, your  . . . village is quite nice, it is, but what happens when you attract nobles?'
-'I'm sorry?'
- -'why, theres no room for their carriages and the peasants.  That's asking for a fight between them.'
-'what?  Nonsense.  Why would we have drawn wagons?'
- -'Heh.  You dwarves are an interesting lot.  I can admire the dwarven tenacity for space-ial freedom, but, surely you know that we humans specialize in the surface world.  Where there is room for it, animals make excellent mounts.'
-'We . . .  We dont need some animal to help us stand strong.  We have two strong legs.  Its just not our way.'
- -You dont ever have pack animals.  All your beasts appear to be breed for the meat.'
-'Our farms traditionally dont require extensive tracts of land.'
- -'So I've heard . . .'

He was erring on the side of rude, but I couldn't much fault his curiosity.  This was a new style of hillock for us, taken directly from the human style.
  Still, I was quite happy to let our broker step in and negotiate for the choice metal, most notably several iron anvils for later melting.  steel was, obviously, not present (and I dont know why I thought it would be when taking notes ::) ), and leather plentiful.  It was decent trading, as usual.

Plans for the burial commons were laid out:  a Church with an underground gravesite.  As far as dwarves go, they deserve better; but at least I encased them in proper stone.  I am prepared to evacuate the dead first in the event of natural disaster.  Know what else we've apparently been planning?
Darnit, Pencil!

---

Vampire!  Some filthy wretch has clawed its way into our village, and has stricken one of us down!.  Several dwarves reported the crime, though none had any information for me.
We shall endeavor to rid ourselves of it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:28:38 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 28, 2014, 09:58:14 am »

PK was preplexed.

When the humans left, the babies all came out of hiding.
Thats . . . odd how close together in age those babies are.  No matter, they are all fine, healthy dwarven stock.

A second artifact was crafted under PK's supervision as director.  Another piece of head apparel.  This one more fit for the humans, it was alas too late to send for them to come back and give us all their metal for it.  Oh course its meant the weaponry.  We're not trading our finely tuned instruments for their coarse budgeony swords, though.

Evicted Saint, PK's one true friend, is getting better,  Watching her progress brought a guilty tinge of joy to heart, pride that under his directorship both she and he had become adepts at their respective crafts.  PK's bones may not stand up to her iron,  but the comedic value of a doctor with bonecarving skills was worth as much as to him as the economic value of his trade.
Spoiler: BFFs <3 (click to show/hide)
The hunters, however, are quick to spoil the stockpile.  Future directors would be advised to reform the military gear, as PK settled for barebones outfitting.

OH, DUH!  PK created a barracks, owned by the captain of the Guard.

Whilethe captain of the guard may not be incredibly notable, I have set the militia commander Hugo to train under his own guidance for the time being, and given him some metal armor.  Hugo will hone his martial skill to match his carpentry; his adept axedwary will not progress beyond its very rusty state.  Still, now the militia has a place to train and even spare beds to crash into.  Aside from PK's own hospital . . .

A second murder!

Another poor soul, drained of its vitality.  This one a relatively new migrant.  Lemonpie accuses the recently elected mayor, however we cannot do much with that charge, since she does not actually claim to have witnessed the attack.  The liaison says it's no business of his, and as the brook freezes PK feels a chill run down his spine.  At least he had the first well dug out prior to winter.

PK was cold, and not from the weather.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 10:40:04 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 28, 2014, 11:24:34 am »

PK was cold, but so it was when suspected monsters become your master.

The Mayor Asmel met with the liaison early in the winter.  While nobody knows what was said within, the mayor was promoted to baron, and Nevertaxed became an official part of the great dwarven kingdom of the Tamed Gears.  This is fantastic news, but unfortunately it also meant we require a jail, a hammerer, and should be required to meet export requirements.  Alas . . .

PK met with the trader, and placed an order for leather, flux, bars, and dogs.  We will either slaughter them or  train them.  Satisfied, he let the broker trade for the abundant wine, but forbid him to obtain the bloody 1500-1700o bins of giant cave spider silk.  Sod off.  Several low quality steel items were available, however, and obtaining them for future melting seemed prudent.  The traders were quite insistent that they take no less than seven thousand Urists in profit.   Ugh, stingy wretches.

Most of the 'catacombs' were dug out, and a special bone dump put in.  Flooring for most of the existing houses added, and roofs as well.  Bedding is currently abundant, and miscellaneous pieces of furniture are left over.  We need a larger mead hall, a baron's quarter's, a jail, more coffins, and more beds, as well as jobs.  On bad day 20+ dwarves idle in the cramped confines of the inn.  On good days its between 1-10.

The military needs examinations, as they only use a helmet, a weapon, and shield atm.  We have 11 of them.  I am worried about food, but not especially so.  I also wonder if anyone would object to a staircase to the first cavern, to be equipped with a forbidden door that FBs can smash (which means they can be below it. D___S so that they can stand level to it).  I fear no fun will be had otherwise.

The 'suspected' vampire is baron, do with him as you will.  He drained one of the military before the new year, but the guy survived with 'pale' status.  My hero.  Doors for the houses need to be had.

Also, the 4 pumps in the barracks are for the exercise.  Add it if you want it, take it out if you only want them to train there.
--- --- ---

PK was sad to leave his post behind.  A deal was a deal, however and his practice was in play

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10142
[sorry, I wont have much time until Monday, so here]

[Also, the only news was that the liaison's paternal grandpa became the mayor of Bumbleton, Nowhere]

Spoiler: lol @ Neblime (click to show/hide)
How she does any work is beyond me :P
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:37:46 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 28, 2014, 11:48:05 am »

The following is a transcript of a scroll neatly rolled and sealed with dark brown wax and the impression of a gold coin (likely removed by the courier as payment for a rush order)

My dear friends of the Large Society and denizens of the Ray Islands I humbly accept your request to join your civilization, which is undoubtedly a civilization in every meaningful sense and not at all a gang of bandits formed no more than two years ago, as a barony. Nevertaxed will be henceforth be a member of the Large Society which I say again is a CIVILIZATION and not a BANDIT GANG. As members of your civilization we will be required to operate under your tax structure (IE none ever at all) and will in return not mention the location of your capitol (IE where your loot is kept) to the nearby elven civilization with which you have had recent disputes under any circumstances. We have however had a mishap with the paperwork so you will have to send our Baron's commission again and PROMPTLY before any interested parties become interested in any paperwork issues caused by that BASTARD PK AND HIS BIG MOUTH this mishap. Of course this commission would bear the same date as the original which we recieved in the EARLY SUMMER OF THIS YEAR If this message hasn't found you before winter please kill the messenger.

The following is a transcript of what was shouted by Koreg Hawkblockades while furiously banging a mug on the table.

PK said we WERE a barony not that we wanted to be one, the Liaison LOST the commission and we never saw it, the baron NEVER TOUCHED IT, we have been a Barony of the Large Society for months! This is the story, if you EVER find yourself incapable of sticking to it so help me you will share a room with the Baron!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 28, 2014, 11:57:26 am »

:(  I done bad things :|
PKs DF Mod!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 28, 2014, 12:06:46 pm »

You accepted induction into the Tame Gears and the in game reason for our strange setup is that we are desperately trying to avoid that. This actually works pretty well as an explanation for how we can be a barony but not technically part of the civilization.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 54