Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should founders be rewarded with tiles to build on?

Founders should have a fixed number of useable tiles to own!
- 5 (29.4%)
Founders should be awarded more tiles to build on by popular consensus!
- 6 (35.3%)
No hard limits, just be reasonable!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 54

Author Topic: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Overseers Needed!)  (Read 52668 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Villagers Wanted!)
« Reply #645 on: January 18, 2015, 02:18:55 pm »

:D
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 18, 2015, 07:45:32 pm »

I just completed my latest round of schoolwork myself-- and now have time.

I WOULD like to see 'Saint, Hugo, or Pencil take their proper turns before taking a second tenure though.

Playing dueling banjos with Broseph is not what this fortress is about.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 18, 2015, 07:52:04 pm »

I've got a lot on my plate, but if no one else can take it, I will. Though it will probably take me more than a week.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 22, 2015, 11:33:08 am »

The following was written on a neatly rolled scroll and set on top of the documents transferring Overseership from Koreg to his successor.

To whomever next Oversees the city of Nevertaxed:

Founder Pencil_Art has expressed interest in relinquishing ownership of the Stone industry. I have proposed and he has found agreeable that both the stone industry and the pottery industry should be decommissioned. He shall become owner of a new pottery industry with his authority as founder and the nine tiles I have presently committed to the renting of a pottery industry to Onud Itlud shall go to a mason's workshop near Silverplum Mine with the same dwarf as renter.

Founder Pencil_Art has also suggested that he is unhappy with his current living situation and has requested an estate of his own to supplant the commoners dwelling in which he currently resides. I propose the following:

If it is deemed unacceptable that the clay collection area is underground it should be expanded beyond it's current dimensions to accommodate the growth of grass. I of course expect this matter to be handled promptly and quietly.

Your Mayor,

Koreg Hawkblockades the First

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 26, 2015, 03:03:30 pm »

Where are we at guys?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 26, 2015, 03:08:21 pm »

Turns out I overestimated my available time :|
Two games I tried to get rolling 2 weeks ago are finally actually rolling, class stuff is coming up once more.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 26, 2015, 03:08:46 pm »

Im not opposed to another turn.  Just not this week.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 28, 2015, 12:48:51 pm »

I COULD have been playing... I have been mostly idle the past week.

If PK doesnt take a turn by tomorrow, I think I will take my second run as 1st citizen.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 28, 2015, 12:51:24 pm »

All yours.  I'll be here to ruin 'enhance' your work.
PKs DF Mod!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 28, 2015, 12:53:16 pm »

Yeah this is getting ridiculous. I think instead of skipping people I should start removing them from the list and opening it up to the public. I understand everybody has their own things going on but I had Finals too, I also had a lot of stuff to take care of for law school and during my last turn I was three hundred miles away from home taking care of relative after major surgery. If you don't have time you don't have time.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 28, 2015, 02:35:26 pm »

Yep :(

If wierd takes a second turn and finishes by next week, I will have time then.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 28, 2015, 03:32:29 pm »

Wierd gets it.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 28, 2015, 08:29:42 pm »

I'm terribly sorry, I didn't realize I was still on the list.  Could you take me off, please? I don't think I'll be able to take a turn any time soon.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 28, 2015, 08:31:00 pm »

Very well, I will crack it open tomorrow.

*edit

Ok, it is tomorrow now.  DFFD says this is for 0.40.19,  is that correct?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 11:18:29 am by wierd »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 30, 2015, 09:15:02 pm »

Ok, I am playing my turn now.

------
Diary,

Despite my recent political pissing match with the "Fearless Leader", I have somehow managed to be placed in the position of city administrator for another year's term.  I expect that this is simply a means to an end for him. Most likely he is hoping that I will screw up in some spectacular fashion, and he will no doubt use any such opportunity to have my assets stripped.

Be that as it may, I fully intend to do everything in my power to improve efficiency of our city. Far too many of our citizens remain "Permanently" housed within the tavern, and this is all at once an eyesore, a blot on our city's reputation and image, and a cause of continued disagreeableness from the fearless leader.

My first task, therefore, will be to build suitable lodgings into which to move our stonemason, and thus move his workshops closer to the mine in order to expedite the creation of raw rock blocks.

After that is accomplished, I shall begin construction of "Very dense" tract housing.

---

Diary,

The elven caravan arrived today.  Reviewing their wares, I see that they have a black bear sow for sale. That's about all that is of interest in their caravan, as they seem hell-bent on offering us their inferior quality wooden armors, and copious quantities of fruit. I dont suppose it ever occured to them that WE ALSO live in a forest, and have copious abundance of both wood, and fresh fruit. Elves clearly are not very good merchants-- Though I suppose they may be hawking wares that are actually intended for another stop further away from our lovely city's limits, where such items are in higher demand.

While perusing their goods, I noticed that they have THREE KINDS of surface plant fiber being used in their vile homespun rags.  Do they bring any seed bags? Of course not.  Offer any unthreshed plants for these textile crops? Of course not.  The pointy eared bastards are toying with me. The hemp fiber sandals especially vex me!  Those elves have hemp weed, and they hoard it all to themselves! (I could make a fine flavoring from the unopened flower buds of this fine textile staple, and use it to make a powerful calmative when brewed into a batch of beer! (At this point, I am willing to try ANYTHING to get Koreg to chill the hell out. His latest setup to make ME responsible for curing an incurable condition of werecreature syndrome afflicting one of our citizens who now must be permanently sequestered in the stockade just BEGS for me to ply my herbalist arts on him. Maybe when he is so relaxed that he cant get out of bed in the morning, he'll get off my ass-- But DAMN these elves! Hoarding such powerful plants all to themselves!)

Construction of the new housing for the stoneworker continues briskly. Koreg's improvements in the mine to include a minecart has improved ore and stone delivery rates to the surface, which has improved stone processing efficiency by quite a lot.  However, there is still a significant footpath between the stoneworker's yards and the dropoff from the mines.  Soon that shall be rectified.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 54