Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should founders be rewarded with tiles to build on?

Founders should have a fixed number of useable tiles to own!
- 5 (29.4%)
Founders should be awarded more tiles to build on by popular consensus!
- 6 (35.3%)
No hard limits, just be reasonable!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 54

Author Topic: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Overseers Needed!)  (Read 52667 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Villagers Wanted!)
« Reply #675 on: February 01, 2015, 10:49:18 am »

Needs:

Throne room
great bedroom
great dining room
3 chests
2 cabinets
2 weapon rack
2 armor stand

With the ousting of Koreg as mayor, I have to build a civilain burgermeister's estate as well.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 01, 2015, 11:23:37 am »

Baron sounds about right then. 55 tiles should be enough but it might take the liberal use of display stands.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 01, 2015, 11:43:38 am »

It is now early autumn

I have the first floor of the queen's royal palace enclosed.  As temporary lodgings, I have placed all the furniture on one floor including her bed. with some overlapping "Rooms", I can at least get her into "inferior" accomodation, which is better than "No accomodation", by the end of my tenure.

Managing multiple construction projects simultaneously, while juggling resource shortages is hard.

FINALLY, A Dwarven child has decided to become useful!  The little wretch has become possessed.  I will monitor it closely.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 11:59:16 am by wierd »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 01, 2015, 12:11:48 pm »

The moody child requires cut gems. Thankfully the dwarven caravan just arrived. I can get the cut gems I need there.

I can put the resulting artifact in a display case in the now enclosed ground floor of the queen's tower, which will up the room value considerably, possibly making the temporary accomodations less irritating for her.

Edit

The caravan had several expensive metal bars for sale. Gold, Rosegold, platinum, Electrum, etc. I purchased them, the needed cut gems, and some bins of giant cave spider silk (For mood satisfaction) The expensive metal bars will be used to accent the floors of her majesty's tower of tawdriness. The other items are self explanitory.

Edit again

The little shit is not leaving the craftsdwarf's shop!  I have *ALL* of the things he is muttering about. Stone blocks, (even bricks!), rough gems, cut gems, wood, and metal bars!  What's his problem!?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 12:35:15 pm by wierd »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 01, 2015, 12:45:08 pm »

Ok, I am contemplating looking at this dwarven child with showmood after savescumming.  I want to know if he is bugged or not. Sometimes when I examine the shop he has claimed, it does not have his "Muttering" text, as though he had pathed out of the workshop-- but he never seems to leave it.  I want to just make sure that I have indeed satisfied his requirements.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 01, 2015, 02:07:04 pm »

Yes. She appears bugged.

To get dfhack to work, I had to upgrade to .40.24 (instead of .40.21), and suddenly she leaves the workshop and heads out to get stuff.
Showmood does not show anything really amazing about her mood. Stupid kid!

Looks like the fortress is going to move up to the latest version.

One of our dwarves met with a pulpy end today in Koreg's extremely unsafe mine, as a fully loaded minecard must have struck him. His mangled corpse was found near the track on Z-1 of the mine.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 02:18:04 pm by wierd »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 01, 2015, 02:48:18 pm »

Whoa Whoa Whoa! Before we start throwing about accusations about who voted for who and who paid who to push who in front of a minecart let's look at the facts, we aren't sure if this guy was on drugs or even if he was already squished when he went into the mine. What we do know is that this type of thing didn't happen when we had a mayor we could trust.
Hawkblockades For Mayor, an offer you can't refuse.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 01, 2015, 03:32:31 pm »

LOL

In other news, I have nearly gotten Her Majesty situated in temporary habitation that meets her stringent requirements. Clever employment of a display case with an artifact inside has miraculously transformed her ramshackle jumble of crap with overlapping "Rooms" into an arrangement fit for a queen.  Just needs the odd coffin thrown in to complete the set.

Once this is completed, the slow construction of the REST of her abode can continue unimpacted by her constant raging over having to eat in "A terrible dining room", etc.

Her husband, the king-consort, is the one who as attained the title of mayor. As a consequence of his co-habitation with the queen, all he needs is a splendid office. He can get the rest of his perks by being married to the queen.  Makes my life easier.

That just leaves the outpost liason.
His wooden mansion is proceeding.  He shall get wooden furnishings, due to the mason being a bit overtaxed at the moment.

About 9 homes have been stripped of their conglomerate blog walls and retrofitted with earthenware block walls instead. This has produced sufficient blocks to create the upright walls of Her Majesty's second floor, and about 1/3 of the floor tiles required.

14 new houses have been crammed together into the new "Domiciles for Dwarfkind"  "Project Housing" (cough-- SLUM-- Cough) on the east side of town, just north of the stockade. Suitable homeless dwarves (Adults only!) have been duly homed.

Koreg's turning off of the planting and brewing operations nearly resulted in a catastrophic shortage had it not been caught early. An emergency food purchase stopped the famine in time for planting to be turned back on before the remaining supplies ran out, and brewing resumed shortly after.  Booze stockpiles hit a low of 20 units before being brought back to a more respectable supply.

Also, A were-racoon just arrived.

It is now late autumn.  Still have a whole season yet to work. So far so good.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 01, 2015, 03:38:12 pm »

Ok, the were-racoon is dead. Time to evaluate who needs to be put into the stockade with the other infected soul.

22 page combat report for the racoon. Give me a minute while I capture them all.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 01, 2015, 04:03:00 pm »

Bloody hell, another one? Well, if there are any infected (and you don't want to have them die) you may want to put them in separate cells. Perhaps it would be worth going into adv mode to see what their kryptonite metal is...

As a side note, are we running the latest version or still using 40.22?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 01, 2015, 04:07:08 pm »

From what I can gather, the werecreature attacked a dog, then a single recruit. The recruit took a tremendous amount of punishment, and as befitting a true dwarven warrior, died on the field from injuries sustained, rather than become a monster in turn 30 days later.

I will examine all parties involved in the conflict for any injuries.

Stike that-- One casualty, one fatality.  One of the surgeons was apparently drafted, and was a recruit at the time of the altercation. She was injured during the ordeal. I will investigate further.--- Yup, Lower body torn open, arms and legs torn apart... Yup. If she does not die of blood loss (currently pale) shie will become a monster in 30 days.  The other recruit that was injured died in combat. No other injuries from the ordeal.

Looks like the surgeon gets to join the other were creature in the stockade.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 04:15:45 pm by wierd »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 01, 2015, 04:14:55 pm »

Only bite wounds that break unprotected skin transfer the curse. Werebeasts can still do a lot of damage by latching onto people and shaking them around, or scratching/punching them, without causing any infection. In any case, it's probably best to isolate him for a month to be sure.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 01, 2015, 04:18:40 pm »

It's hard to pick apart the different recruits in the combat reports. However, I think that she did not get bitten through unprotected skin. More "bruised through (clothing)* as the creature bit, then torn up as the creature shook her.

The recruit that died was a numbskull, who actually BIT the were creature.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 01, 2015, 04:19:59 pm »

If that recruit had survived, that would probably have become a bragging point.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 01, 2015, 04:48:07 pm »

I dont see any combat reports for the surgeon saying that she was bitten without something being in the way.

There is also mystery dwarf blood on the creature. I checked, but there isn't a dwarf of that name in the fortress. I am going to presume that the creature showed up already covered in blood from its last victim, which was a dwarf from some other site. I could doublecheck with legends mode, but that's going a bit far I think.

If the surgeon does not become a werecreature, her wounds are going to make her about worthless. Multiple arteries and motor/sensory nerves were torn apart in the attack. She's basically paralized. 

If the dwarves dont pick her up and take her to the hospital, she will likely die on the field.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 54