Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should founders be rewarded with tiles to build on?

Founders should have a fixed number of useable tiles to own!
- 5 (29.4%)
Founders should be awarded more tiles to build on by popular consensus!
- 6 (35.3%)
No hard limits, just be reasonable!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 54

Author Topic: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Overseers Needed!)  (Read 52674 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Villagers Wanted!)
« Reply #690 on: February 01, 2015, 05:28:58 pm »

Early winter:
A vile force of darkness has arrived

(Damn, A LOT of stuff has happened on my turn!)

The siege is basically broken now.  However, the animal traps have had an unanticipated consequence.  We have inadvertantly captured a few trolls.  Suggestions?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:37:09 pm by wierd »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 01, 2015, 05:41:04 pm »

Is the werebeast still in his basement?  Chain them up there.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 01, 2015, 06:06:35 pm »

The surgeon turned into a were-racoon before I could properly contain her.

2 children are known dead... must find out more.

Ok. Looks like the guy transformed while I was trying to get him into his containment cell. Naturally, there were a LOT of bystanders wandering around (mostly rotten children!)

2 kids are known dead, 1 more suffered severe head bite trauma. That child must be isolated.
The other children that were all herding around together at the scene mobbed the shit out of the werecreature, and bit it to death. (For real, The thing was bitten a bunch of times.)  One child suffered a bruised hand after the werecreature pushed on his had, bruising the muscle.  Since no skin was broken, this kid is safe. Another had his elbow bent backwards until it "collapsed", tearing a tendon. Again, no broken skin. I will mark him suspicious though. (injury in red)

No other fatalities.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 06:30:17 pm by wierd »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 01, 2015, 06:52:39 pm »

Early winter:
A vile force of darkness has arrived

(Damn, A LOT of stuff has happened on my turn!)

The siege is basically broken now.  However, the animal traps have had an unanticipated consequence.  We have inadvertantly captured a few trolls.  Suggestions?

Lock them up in the Hawkstockade and keep them around in case someone needs to be dealt with? Live training for the militia? No rule against accidental captures, they can be handled like they would be in any other fortress.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 01, 2015, 06:59:45 pm »

IIRC goblin pets cannot be retrained, so probably that.

And damn, this fort has some tough kids :O
I think we should mark some of the brave lads/lasses for future military careers.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 01, 2015, 07:24:55 pm »

Since the little shits would NOT do what I wanted them to do (Quietly go into quarantine), I arranged accidents for them. (Not easy)

That should be all the loose ends for the recent wereracoon funtime.

Hopefully.

Now I am battling a food shortage. AGAIN.
Despite butching the shit out of animals, I just cant seem to get ahead of the eating.  Turned herbalism back on, ordered berry picking.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 01, 2015, 08:43:27 pm »

Ok. My tenure is now completed.

Highlights:

Monarch came, with extra nobility position to be satisfied as well
Built Pencil_Art's house out of wood due to resource shortages. Placed additional kilns on roof to meed brick manufacture demand.
Moved the stonemason's residence closer to the mine. Labeled appropriately.
Wierd has sponsored a miller-- Whoever the "Lead miller" was. Labeled appropriately.
A wereracoon came. There were issues with containment of the wounded. Subsequent set of wounded was arranged to have accidents. Situation is now contained. (I hope.)
The royal palace has most of 3 levels built. The ground floor has "Royal" accomodations by abuse of a display case containing an artefact-- but her majesty is no longer raging about her quarters.
The outpost liason noble is unhappy with his current quality of quarters. He's been given a baron-sized mansion, per Broseph's instruction. It is made of wood, again, due to resource constraints.
14 dwarven housing units have been completely constructed in the north east side of town.
about 16 more dwarven housing units are in various stages of construction in the south east side of town.
Farming seems to be favoring production of cereal grains too heavily. There is a food shortage, compounded by the animal training industry's increased consumption of meat products for animal training.  As a stopgap, I have re-enabled plant gathering labor on many of the farmers, and set them loose on the countryside.  Meat and Plant are both hovering around 200ish now. Booze is at 333.
A goblin siege came in the end of autumn, consisting of nearly 20 goblins, and 10 or so trolls.  2 goblins and a troll were accidentially taken prisoner in the cage traps.
Cage traps are all full-- Animal industry personel have been complaining mightily about requiring additional cages. I have ignored them. They are less important than the housing shortage, and the food shortage-- and the issue with "Suddenly Nobles!"
Koreg is no longer the Mayor, having been ousted from office by the King-Consort.
The dead have not been memorialized yet.  It took 100% of the production of the SINGLE mason shop to produce the stone furnishings required for her majesty's tawdry tower.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 08:53:35 pm by wierd »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 01, 2015, 08:46:08 pm »

I thought children obeyed burrows? Oh well. Still, put a custom profession name or something on whoever struck the killing blow.

EDIT: Typed too slow (got distracted while typing)

So, what needs to be done? I think I can finally take this up, but if I do it will take more than a week to finish.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 01, 2015, 08:59:34 pm »

Her Majesty's Tawdry Tower needs an interior decorator, as does the Outpost Liason's mansion.
Pencil_art's mansion needs furnishings.  It was built in a hurry, and does not have proper furniture.
The "Domiciles for Dwarfkind" south-eastern project housing needs completion. Currently using the "free" silty clay boulders that Pencil_Art's new ceramics industry permits the bulk harvesting of. (Turning all 4 of them on "collect clay" produces absurd numbers.)

There is a food shortage issue. It needs to be dealt with.

There are not enough cages for the now filled traps to be replaced/reloaded.
There is not enough meat to train all the animals we have caught.

The lonely fishery is WAAAAAAY behind on processing the 1000+ raw fish rotting in our stockpiles.
Labors need to be sanitized.

DOWNLOAD
NEVERTAXED YEAR 6

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 09:17:52 pm by wierd »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 01, 2015, 09:53:43 pm »

Are we running the latest version, or no?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 01, 2015, 09:54:25 pm »

From the Diary of Koreg Hawkblockades the First Granite 6 201

(I've rearranged the pages of my notebook as any agents of the queen who read it will likely focus on the more recent entries)

The ARROGANCE of that woman is crippling. A TOWER she wants a TOWER? Nevertaxed is collapsing under the weight of her ridiculous demands. Wierd has made the decision to construct a slum by the prison out of the awful coarse clay. Had he taken it from even SLIGHTLY deeper they'd at least be proper clay. Regardless the slums and the cannibalization of existing houses for her majesty is quickly turning the public against her and against Wierd. At the same time the Queen isn't adjusting well. The siege and the werebeast attack unsettled her and she is rapidly coming to understand I overstated the safety of Nevertaxed in my letters but trying to make the trip back would be suicide. She was weeping when I saw her last. Our interactions have been limited but pointed. I don't plan to get into a back and forth with her, it's easier to outlive some people than to argue with them.

I was concerned about how exactly this would play out but it's going swimmingly so far. I didn't plan to sandbag Wierd but sometimes accidents work in your favor. My arrangement with Pencil_Art has had the effect of paralyzing the production of stone blocks at a time that demanded massive construction projects. Soon her Majesty will become irate. Her and her snake husband will accuse me of leading them here under false pretenses I will in turn take umbrage with the fact she dare use all of our resources on such lavish accommodations (the peasants whose homes were torn apart to build her tower will certainly side with me then) and then the violence will begin with the military I bolstered nearby.

In the fracas the queen and her husband will both be killed, the Liaison may be put to the sword and forced to publicly declare allegiance to the Hawkblockades dynasty and with any luck Wierd and that goddamned beekeeper will be caught in the cross fire. Or perhaps they could wander into Silverplum mine and never leave, one always has options. For now we wait. 

edit: I'm running it in 24 just fine.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 01, 2015, 10:06:25 pm »

50% of the slum houses are made of wood.
The houses that were torn apart are reconstructed using earthenware bricks. Not clay. I left the floors inside alone. Those are still conglomerate block floors. Most of the value of the homes is intact.

The queen is "Satisfied" with her current, thrown together accommodations, as is her consort. (I cheesed getting "Royal" everything, but overlapping all the rooms on a single floor, then dropping a display case containing an artefact in. This raised all rooms it was a part of instantly to royal.) ;)

Clay hut slum housing is better than sleeping in puke at the plum.

The issue to try to have me tarred and feathered over is my poor handling of the werecreature attack.

The save is for v0.40.24.  It should work on that or anything newer, assuming back compat is maintained. (you never know with toadyone the great.)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 01, 2015, 10:23:03 pm »

The queen may be satisfied but she's riddled with bad thoughts from all the death. The rest of it's just spin. Sure your house is rebuilt Urist but Wierd displaced you to help the queen, he's no friend of the common man like the wealthy mine owner is. Id, you've lived and worked here for years to get a house of your own and now Wierd hands you a hut made of mud? Koreg would never do that even though he did it three times. And he crammed you into a slum! Like you're vermin, Koreg would never do that exact thing except with smaller houses, more imperious sneering, and probably mass conscription.

Koreg for King in 204: "Die in my mine you rat people"

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 01, 2015, 10:38:32 pm »

On the plus side, her having a 6 story tower means you can add more stories to your mansion, if I read the rules right.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 01, 2015, 10:39:47 pm »

On the plus side, her having a 6 story tower means you can add more stories to your mansion, if I read the rules right.
It certainly does. I'll have to plot out some expansions for fort Hawkblockades.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 54