Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should founders be rewarded with tiles to build on?

Founders should have a fixed number of useable tiles to own!
- 5 (29.4%)
Founders should be awarded more tiles to build on by popular consensus!
- 6 (35.3%)
No hard limits, just be reasonable!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 54

Author Topic: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Overseers Needed!)  (Read 52348 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Villagers Wanted!)
« Reply #660 on: January 30, 2015, 09:35:26 pm »

Diary,

Now I know what that bastard was setting me up for! That bloody pimple butted bitch of a monarch just showed up. She'll be wanting some fancy new mansion soon no doubt!  Now she and Koreg will get into pissing matches over who has the nicest house, with ME stuck in the middle!

He will no doubt be planning regicide by the end of the month.

Worse, she showed up with her FULL entourage, so now I have many fancy houses to build.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 30, 2015, 09:39:08 pm »

In all seriousness, This woman has some crazy wants for her rooms.  Just the tiles used for all her boxes, armorstands, weapon racks, and other misc baubles she "needs"-- will come over 25 floor tiles. 

How much real-estate is this waste of dwarf-flesh allotted?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 30, 2015, 09:43:58 pm »

Respected Overseer Wierd,
Allow me to be the first to wish you well in this new year. I am delighted to hear you share my interest in the redevelopment of our stone industry and the expansion of our city with such. I should however like it to be known that due to a recent arrangement with Pencil_Art the stone industry is now mine as a rental to Onud Itlud. I remind you of this to ensure that all paperwork is filed properly and of course see to it that Onud Itlud is given the full opportunity to develop his skills as a mason for the betterment of Nevertaxed.

But of course the real bit of news is our dear dear Monarch, mother to all Dwarves her Majesty the Queen. I am confident in your ability to meet all of her demands. Trust that you have my full support in these delicate times. I am concerned for the ramifications should our past quarrels emerge with such weight in the balance.

Your Mayor,

-Koreg Hawkblockades the First

Edit: Each tier of nobility is 10 tiles and one z level added onto the base 25. The queen should be entitled to an 85 tile allotment and enough air rights for a tower.

1 Expedition Leader
2 Mayor
3 Baron
4 Count
5 Duke
6 Monarch
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:47:07 pm by Broseph Stalin »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 30, 2015, 10:04:25 pm »

The closest square root is 81. (9x9)

I will use the other 4 tiles to construct an entryway, and thus allocate all 85 base tiles.
The Z levels will come in handy. That will let me put several of her more "demanding" rooms each on a specific floor. Since these are rock block floors, I cant engrave them to decorate them. To get room value, I have to stuff them with really fancy statues and crazy furniture.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 30, 2015, 10:07:46 pm »

The closest square root is 81. (9x9)

I will use the other 4 tiles to construct an entryway, and thus allocate all 85 base tiles.
The Z levels will come in handy. That will let me put several of her more "demanding" rooms each on a specific floor. Since these are rock block floors, I cant engrave them to decorate them. To get room value, I have to stuff them with really fancy statues and crazy furniture.
It may take time you don't have but if you're willing to up tetrahedrite smelting you could make silver floors to up room value. I'd also be willing to offer a design.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 30, 2015, 10:17:17 pm »

Hey broseph,

Your renter is renting a kiln yard, not the masonry shop...
How do you want to arrange this? 

Previous to my intervention, there was the "Stoneworks" area to the north east of town, that had 2 mason shops and a craftsdwarf shop surrounded by stone stockpiles. These are still existing until I transfer land ownership of nearby constructed housing, etc.

I have placed a house next to the road leading away from the silverplum manor, with 3 workshops (1 craftsdwarf, 2 mason) and a small patch of stone stockpiles directly west of it as the new position for this industry.  (FAR closer than the old location.)

I haven't move anyone in yet, and no jobs are queued at those workshops at the moment. However, I want to be sure that your rental situation is properly squared away.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 30, 2015, 10:26:25 pm »

Hey broseph,

Your renter is renting a kiln yard, not the masonry shop...
How do you want to arrange this? 

Previous to my intervention, there was the "Stoneworks" area to the north east of town, that had 2 mason shops and a craftsdwarf shop surrounded by stone stockpiles. These are still existing until I transfer land ownership of nearby constructed housing, etc.

I have placed a house next to the road leading away from the silverplum manor, with 3 workshops (1 craftsdwarf, 2 mason) and a small patch of stone stockpiles directly west of it as the new position for this industry.  (FAR closer than the old location.)

I haven't move anyone in yet, and no jobs are queued at those workshops at the moment. However, I want to be sure that your rental situation is properly squared away.

I made a deal with Pencil_Art a while ago, I get stone to rent to Onul and he gets Clay to own. I only have nine tiles to rent so I can only handle a mason's workshop , no craftsdwarf.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 30, 2015, 10:41:51 pm »

Ok, just so I understand this properly:

Pencil_Art wants a bigger house. (Fine,  will have room to expand his house after eliminating the existing stoneworks)
The existing stoneworks is to be demolished.
The currently rented tiles allocated to your renter are to be repositioned (To suit the renter's new housing unit I built for work distance.)
The existing kiln is to be demolished.
A new masonry shop will go behind the renter's house, and be labeled as rental property of Koreg for your renter.
A new kiln yard will be installed near Pencil_Art's new manor house.

Is this accurate?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 30, 2015, 10:44:58 pm »

Yup, that's the gist of it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 30, 2015, 10:52:50 pm »

Ok, Good.  I have a checklist now.

Only ONE masonry shop is going to be... challenging.  I have set "Smelt tetrahydrite ore" on repeat at the smelter. Hopefully I can get enough silver bars to improve room conditions in Her Majesty's Royal Commode er--- "Throne room" to level sufficient to her liking.

I foresee difficulties with the monarch however.  Reviewing the Rooms menu, I note that several commoners have "Royal" level accommodations.  Expect regal apoplexy. She has a high patience trait, but also has the quick to anger trait. Beware.

I just hope I can get enough stone blocks and or bricks made.  Peasant housing looks like it is going to be brick-- Pencil_Art's allowances for industry will let me hammer bricks out, while your rental arrangement for stone is going to seriously constipate stone block production.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 30, 2015, 11:03:36 pm »

Well you could cannibalize a few houses for materials and furnishings to avoid having Koreg explain to the queen and her court that everyone except him is an idiot while you try to crank out blocks. Nice little grudge v principles moral conundrum.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 30, 2015, 11:09:49 pm »

The monarch is going to be a royal pain, I can tell already.

She already has a mandate. Hasn't even been here a month yet.

Export of menacing spikes prohibited.
Make menacing spikes x2

Freaky woman has a fetish for menacing spikes. I'll be sure to find some way to assure that her bed has them on it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 31, 2015, 01:06:46 am »

Ok--  "Cheaty", but probably necessary solution time.

Pencil_Art's house is being fashioned from wood for the time being, due to resource limitations.
I can cram 4 kilns on his roof. (he has a 7x7 building footprint, which is enough for 4 densely packed workshops)
Those 4 kilns will have nothing but "Collect clay" jobs running. Any dwarf can collect clay.
The collected clay will be used to make "slum housing" on the far eastern edge of town.
The slum housing will permit me to cannibalize the materials already invested in proper peasant housing, and redirect it toward Her Majesty’s Royal Commode.

The mason's workshop is at capacity just queueing up all the furniture Her Majesty needs for her rooms. It is already early summer, and I only have half of her required furniture made. Using the "cannibalize buildings" method, I have the outer walls of floor 1 of her tower laid, and about 1/2 of the floor tiles of floor 1 laid.  Until now, I have been hammering out baked bricks and reconstructing peasant housing with said bricks to get materials. This is going too slowly.  Wholesale rebuild with "Slum housing" at high density at the north eastern edge of town will permit me to mass-demolish peasant housing. The slum housing will have to be decommissioned and replaced with baked brick slum housing as time and resources permit-- but this will at least home the homeless, and will hopefully provide enough cut stone blocks to at least get her majesty into a bedroom, and into an office before the end of the year.

I am saving and going to bed for the night.

Also--  Her majesty's little troupe of incompetence included our very own outpost liason, which is listed as a nobility position, and he has requirements.  Where does he fit into this sordid mess? EG-- how big of a land parcel does he get?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 01:11:41 am by wierd »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 01, 2015, 10:20:41 am »

Koreg's great horned owl he keeps as a pet in his manor has reverted to a wild state.
Serves him right.
He has also been replaced as mayor by the king consort. Political intrigue abounds!  Will koreg assassinate the queen's beloved husband?!

Construction will use wood instead of raw clay boulders. Clearing the land to make the tract housing will produce copious amounts of wooden logs, which are lighter/faster to carry than the clay boulders, and is less tacky.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 10:46:00 am by wierd »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 01, 2015, 10:37:20 am »

What does the Liaison require? He's unlocked with the monarch but the position isn't exactly regal.  The title seems like that of a level one noble but if it's very demanding that would change things for practical reasons. 

I don't think there's anything particularly cheaty about raw clay houses, building with clay and dirt isn't particularly unrealistic or super effective. All the same "there's not enough wood" is not a phrase that has ever been uttered in Nevertaxed. I think the village has been littered with logs since it was founded.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 54