Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Glovedloved - MoK: Journal Thread [Year 5]  (Read 5978 times)

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
Glovedloved - MoK: Journal Thread [Year 5]
« on: November 18, 2014, 11:25:53 pm »

The is the new management Journal thread for Glovedloved.

All discussion and information for the succession game should be posted over on the Discussion Thread.

Further, all dwarfing and turn requests should be directed to the discussion board as well.  This thread is only for journal posts.

DWARF PROFILES

Spoiler: "The Nobles" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: "The Peasants" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: "Loyalists" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: "Skulls' Thugs" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: "Followers" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: "Priests of Armok" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: "The Dead' (click to show/hide)

The following were copied from the original journal thread.

Prologue

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Year 1: The rule of Nordinkel - Chapter 1

Year 1: Chapter 1 - Resident Journals

Year 1: The rule of Nordinkel - Chapter 2

Year 1: Chapter 2 - Resident Journals

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 07:31:04 pm by Tacomagic »

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Glovedloved - TMK: Journal Thread [Year 3]
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 11:26:17 pm »

Year 1: The rule of Nordinkel - Chapter 3

Year 1: Chapter 2 - Resident Journals

Year 1: The rule of Nordinkel - Chapter 4

Year 1: Chapter 4 - Resident Journals

Year 2: The rule of TacoMagic - Prologue

Year 2: Prologue - Resident Journals

Year 2: The rule of TacoMagic - Preliminary Report

Year 2: Preliminary Report - Resident Journals

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:54:59 pm by Tacomagic »

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 11:26:48 pm »

Year 2: The rule of TacoMagic - Spring

Year 2: Spring - Resident Journals

Year 2: The rule of TacoMagic - Summer

Year 2: Summer - Resident Journals

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:04:47 am by Tacomagic »

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 11:27:25 pm »

Year 2: The rule of TacoMagic - Fall

Year 2: Fall - Resident Journals

Year 2: The rule of TacoMagic - Winter

Year 2: Winter - Resident Journals

Year 3: The rule of neblime - Spring 1

Year 3: Spring 1 - Resident Journals

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:11:36 am by Tacomagic »

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 11:27:58 pm »

Year 3: The rule of neblime - Spring 2

Year 3: Spring 2 - Resident Journals

Year 3: The rule of neblime - Summer

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:19:17 am by Tacomagic »

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 11:28:16 pm »

Final reservation.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Glovedloved - MoK: Journal Thread [Year 3]
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 01:07:00 am »

Gloveloved Year 3 Summer Cont.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 01:11:56 am by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 02:43:46 pm »

Fourteenth Entry: Dear Armok

Dear Armok, Lord of Dwarves,, Lord of Blood...

Please welcome your marked servant and all others who died today into your great Feasting Hall.

If it would not be too much trouble, please stop this insanity before we're all dead.

Your humble servant: Chimerat.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 07:45:56 pm »

Excerpt from the journal of TacoMagic Rigòthigër,

Late Galena, 252,

The cost of the Titan attack has been tremendous.  I have been doing what I can to fill in by performing the last rites in accordance with both the Path and Armok and seeing to it that the dead are buried in accordance with their patron dieties, but I only now understand my inadequacy as a priestess.

I keep searching for the meaning in the attack.  I'm sure it's part of the plan the Path has for us all, but for the life of me I cannot see it.  So many dead.  Skulls, Omeganaut, Dhoors, the priest... so many others.  If suffering is the way to enlightenment as Ordin Tredlek teaches, well, we're all enlightened right now.  It feels somehow less glorious than I anticipated.  Kaladin insists that the death of priest so soon after he was elected mayor is a sign that those who covet the power of leadership will be purged without mercy.  But why so many others just to send that message?  Besides, the priest, despite any differences I may have had with him, was not a covetous dwarf by nature.  No, I find Kaladin's explanation hallow, unsatisfactory, and more than a little convenient.  There is a sign here, but it is not something so simple as that.  Were the Path so direct in the messages it sends us, I would have died four months ago when I pulled that lever.  And yet here I am, once again alive in the wake of a disaster.

I have begged my followers to grant me a few days silent prayer and meditation.  Up to this moment I have read every word of Ordin that I have at my disposal, and there is no more wisdom to find there.  Not for this.  I must now search within to find the answer to what this sign portends.  I will spend some time among the dogs.  I have found some comfort in their presence in the past.  Maybe their company will assuage this loss.  And, perhaps, ease the guilt that the blood of these deaths undoubtedly lies upon my hands.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 11:06:01 pm »

Excerpt from the journal of "Maskwolf", priest initiate
Today is a sad day for all of us.  Our teacher, the masked priest, was struck down in an attack on our settlement.  No doubt they were drawn here by the riches held within the grasp of the mountain dwarves.  It is fortunate that before he died, he chose to initiate four of us into the priesthood.  With the texts we found in his quarters, we will study and learn the ways of Our Lord Armok's priesthood, for we have been blessed with a fabulous opportunity despite the tragedy.  May his soul rest easily in the great halls of our lord, for all eternity.

Then there is the matter of the local Followers of the Path.  I found the following journal entry at the very end of the written section of the masked priest's journal, and I believe that the religious of the fortress must work together in order to survive in these trying times.

The Last Journal Entry of the Masked Priest:
My meeting with the head of the Fellowship went surprisingly well, despite a few surprises.  The leader of the Fellowship, a priestess by the name of Tacomagic, had been grievously injured some time previously but was still able to haul herself out to the meeting site.  I have always been fascinated learning about other theologies, and I do not believe that what the fellowship believes is very different from what we do.  We believe that metal is sacred to Our Lord Armok, and that only sanctified smiths and holy warriors may touch such materials.  Gemstones, too, are sacred, and may only be touched by those trained in such arts, for to allow them into the possession of an unskilled worker is defacing the sacred work of Our Lord Armok himself.  After a lively religious discussion, however, our conversation changed towards more serious topics of local politics.  Tacomagic was once one of the mountain dwarves and temporarily oversaw the work that went on up there, but has since been sent back down.  It is clear that the Fellowship needs allies in this fortress, because their numbers are smaller than I first estimated.  The general populace is at best ambivalent towards the Fellowship, and the mountain dwarves could care less what any of us do down here.  No mountain dwarf has yet attended one of my prayer services, and few of the other dwarves bother to either.  The first drew a crowd from the sheer novelty of it, but there are very few true believers in Our Lord Armok in this fortress.  At the next prayer session, I plan to anoint those who are willing to serve Our Lord Armok, initiating them into the lowest level of the priesthood.  They are faithful servants of Our Lord even in such a dark place as this, and they have proved themselves worthy of this honor.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 04:28:38 pm »

Gloveloved Year 3 autumn part 1
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:33:42 pm by neblime »
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 09:24:34 am »

Fifteenth Reply: Hopeless...

I'd tried to live by what pass for "laws" here, but they are laughable at best, so I found myself on the "wrong" side of the river and sought out the Priest of Armok.

I was saddened to find that he had been slain by one of the monsters our Lord has sent to punish us, but his mantle has been taken up by others.

I have pledged what help I can offer in the form of drink and food from my Kitchen and Still. With our "leader" not even bringing in more Dwarves to replace the lost, there is really no point in my work going to waste...

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 08:14:19 pm »

Gloveloved Year 3 autumn-winter

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 09:53:08 pm »

Excerpt from the journal of TacoMagic Rigòthigër,

24th Timber,

In the wake of the water titan attack yet another fell creature, an ettin, sieged Glovedloved and slew another ten dwarves, most of them prospects.  I have been so dispirited since the second attack that I have not kept this journal as fastidiously as I should have.  Now it is months later and I am only now articulate enough to put pen to parchment.

With all the loss, lawlessness has begun to take root in Glovedloved.  All have begun to stray from the Path, and I cannot blame them.  These trials the Path sets before us can alienate even the most stalwart follower; even being well versed in Its seemingly chaotic nature you are often left groping for meaning.  Even so, I am disturbed with the degree Glovedloved fallen from the Path.  Sacrifices mingle with prospects on both sides of the river.  I even have word that Neblime has create a sacrosanct group of prospects that she allows to toil within the Mountain with seemingly no care to any taint they might chance upon!  And not two days hence I spotted Chimerat leaving the Priest's "Enclave" just prior to my weekly meeting with them.

This has to stop, but I have no idea how to go about brining the order of the Path back to Glovedloved.  All the powers I had to stop this were stripped from me when I fell from the Mountain, so I am at a loss.  I cannot fathom what the Path wants from me, but I feel this is a test of some kind.

And yet, maybe I do know.  I have long mused upon why the Path would chose disrupt my new life among the prospects.  Above all things, the Path abhors contentment yet I have found myself increasingly content with this life.  The only way to truly follow the Path, according to Ordin, is through suffering and trial.  But if one truly accepts the Path into their heart, it must naturally come with a degree of contentment if one lives as a prospect.  The only other choice is to live in opulence as Sacrifice, which itself can cause contentment in the comforts of the flesh; however, increasingly I find myself disdainful of the life of the Sacrifice.  The taint, the corruption, the self-serving xenophobia, and all the other vices that come with that life disgust me.

And perhaps this is where Ordin was wrong and Nordinkel, despite his repugnant nature, was right.  Maybe the true nature of the Path is that those who finally find contentment among the prospects must naturally become Sacrifice, for that is the only way to continue their trials.  To be tossed in among those of such repulsive vices as to be continually challenged by them.  To resist those vices and still follow the Path among them.  And maybe this is what Ordin really meant when he called them Sacrifice.  To live among the demons of vice and still choose to follow the Path while thus assaulted.

I fear that my contentment points my fate back toward the Mountain.  And it is this fear and revulsion of the mountain that speaks the most truth to my heart.  If I am to continue my trials along the Path, I must regain the Mountain as a Sacrifice.

May the Path save me, it becomes ever more clear that I must return.  I have not yet spoken to Kaladin on this matter, but she has come a long way and, despite any objections on her part, she will make a fine priestess if I am successful.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 03:20:17 pm by Tacomagic »

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 08:46:19 am »

Sixteenth Entry: Double Bloody Standards

Seems Neblime's hubris allows her to have no problem turning some Dwarves into her slaves to get work done in the mountain that she finds is "beneath" her...

I'm not sure how much longer I can just stand by and watch this.

Talks with the Priests of Armok are slow. They are naturally distrustful of those who live in the Mountain, but I continue to offer food and drink, should they have a need.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5