Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155]

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 153404 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #2310 on: May 13, 2016, 06:15:17 am »

Okay so to be clear, the places the probes can return to are distributed throughout the Hephaestus System, correct?
Oddly enough, tehy do come back to the testing rooms, whic hare each separated by lots of space in the outer edge of the heph system, far from anything else and from each other as possible. But I believe the machine could bring probes back a bit closer to home as well, if a tad more randomly.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: May 13, 2016, 06:42:37 am »

in my initial response to the thing coming into Heph system, I sent the test room back to it's universe, leaving a severed piece of the elder god growing in this universe, it was, as of last turn, the mass of a small planetoid. In the same turn that I sent the room back, I ordered all weapons fired at the thing. PW didn't elaborate on the effect this had.

Edit: of course, he may have not included any orbital or Heph mounted systems, and considered only the weapons on the warship I am currently on, so there's that.

I'd add a small clause to have some/all conventional weaponry open fire on it again for this turn, just to ensure pw didn't just miss it and so w can confirm what, if any, effects it will have.

Also, you could check over how big a front it is moving. Does it move as a whole, like a blob, or does it have a smaller 'leading edge'? If the latter, you might have some options.

Oh, and remember that trick with the pocket dimension portals? One thing you could also try is to create a dimension with absolutely ridiculous gravity (maybe not black hole, but close enough) and open up portals to near where this thing is. If it is affected by gravity at all, it should get sucked in once close enough to the portal (so be sure to open a few portals at point blank range). You could also try things other than gravity of course, you can change the parameters of the pocket dimensions quite a bit (eg make the pocket dimension hotter than a sun and open a portal to use it as an impromptu heat cannon).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: May 13, 2016, 07:51:12 am »

I did not know that any of these things was an option.

Edit: I do believe it sends out tendrils though, rather than moving as a whole.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 07:53:08 am by Ozarck »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2313 on: May 13, 2016, 09:09:57 am »

Piecewise did say that portals could collapse when put under a lot of stress (such as very high gravity). Plus there's the problem of *what happens if it eats them and gets stronger". Especially if you consider that portals are a very important part of the current mission. Then again, there's no current mission without Hephaestus and the teleporter, so might as well risk it. Yeah, could certainly try. Maybe the universe will be in a good mood.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: May 14, 2016, 09:35:04 am »

Yeah, dunno how much stress the portal/dimension could handle, should ask (are)steve before committing just in case. As for eating the portal, how do you mean? Eating the pocket dimension generator or a portal controller, or eating the portal itself? Because the latter sounds like trying to eat a doorway rather than a door. We've also not seen it being able to 'co-opt/corrupt' technology yet AFAIK, just eat and incorporate matter quickly, though it's a distinct possibility.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155]