Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: That's an oft requested feature?  (Read 1706 times)

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
That's an oft requested feature?
« on: November 23, 2014, 02:24:30 am »

lol yall are funny

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: That's an oft requested feature?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 02:26:19 am »

Have you even seen catsplosions?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 03:22:10 am »

This thread is the forum's equivalent to a 4800 dwarfbuck granite mug, encircled with bands of granite. 

20firebird

• Bay Watcher
  • how did i get here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 09:43:55 pm »

Is it just me or did this thread disappear?
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 12:51:59 am »

Threads don't disappear, mate. They get deleted.

And no, this one hasn't been deleted yet.

And yes, lack of easy birth control has always been a pain in the ass for our eugenicsbreeding programs. And preventing catsplosions.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 01:00:10 am »

The more interesting thing, is that breeding in general now requires close physical contact. This means that segregating males and females (including dwarves) will have beneficial properties; Even married couples will not be able to constantly pop out little baby meatsheilds left and right.

Gelding animals would have profoundly useful applications for selective breeding for those inclined as well. It would make it much easier to get "Very dense muscles and lots of fat" on butcher animal populations, for instance.

This feature is useful. I'm not going to knock it.

I am a bit sad to see the mainstay of "Spore based reproduction" go away though.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 01:15:21 am »

Well now the spores are just closer...

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 02:16:59 am »

I'm interested in the feature that went in to enable this, adding body part tokens to a creature on-spot. Even being able to add simple body tags would potentially open a lot, looks like it would make modding a lot more flexible.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 03:44:29 am »

I am a bit sad to see the mainstay of "Spore based reproduction" go away though.

Yes, I need to find a way for the traders beasts to touch my beasts when they come through now. Because I was using their male horses for tupping occasionally. All the donkeys would produce mules after the traders would come through...

A monastery and a nunnery sounds like a great idea for my next fort, anyhow. Two totally unconnected forts, one for male dorfs, one for females. Not because I have anything against children now that I have a child/baby cap to be ignored (one child per fort, with 1% of the population, apparently means a quarter of the total population...) but it would be an interesting experiment.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!