Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.17 Released  (Read 14472 times)

eliana

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Who said you were naked?
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.17 Released
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 08:35:53 am »

Just so you know you can't smelt ores in this version. They don't appear in the smeltery anymore.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 08:37:43 am »

Just so you know you can't smelt ores in this version. They don't appear in the smeltery anymore.

Then submit a bug report with a save included.

Sheo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2014, 09:43:57 am »

Hey Toady, lately a weird thing has been happening where when I'm going around Adventurer mode, often times the edge of where I'm walking to will just cave-in spontaneously and take a few seconds to reform. It happens with some frequency, is it a world gen issue?

Also, Dark Pits are still empty, has anyone ever had success actually finding goblins in them?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2014, 10:14:46 am »

Hey Toady, lately a weird thing has been happening where when I'm going around Adventurer mode, often times the edge of where I'm walking to will just cave-in spontaneously and take a few seconds to reform. It happens with some frequency, is it a world gen issue?

Also, Dark Pits are still empty, has anyone ever had success actually finding goblins in them?

I've had plenty with goblins in them, maybe you're just getting unlucky and getting dark pits that have been conquered?

They generally reside in the top of tne towers and there are very few in the residential areas below.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2014, 11:43:49 am »

Then submit a bug report with a save included.

There's a bug report here -- please post further findings at that link.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 01:34:49 pm »

Yeah, the flag optimizations brought forth a compiler issue in windows.  Hopefully the workaround won't introduce new problems.  I'll post a new version later today.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 [2]