Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hockey Gear [40.16]  (Read 1825 times)

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hockey Gear [40.16]
« on: November 20, 2014, 02:14:14 am »

I don't really know what to say in my defense for making this sort of thing.  I sat down with the intention of coding a sentient snowstorm and ended up with hockey sticks as weapons and have no idea what string of ideas took me from A to B.  But it's done and I'm not going to delete it because reading the Arena fight reports was too entertaining.  Here's hoping it's just what someone else was looking for.

The Hockey Mod features the following armors, weapons, and ammo:
Cup: A small undergarmet used to protect the groin.
Goalie Mask: Protective covering for the face that prevents hockey pucks from knocking teeth out.
Hockey Pants: Padded protection from the waist to the knee.
Jersey: A piece of clothing covering the upper part of the body; used to help identify companion from foe.
Shin Pads: Armor for the shins, to keep those legs in fighting shape against stick attacks.
Goalie Stick: An odd shield with an near L-shape, the base of which is widened to help block incoming attacks.
Hockey Stick: An angled flat and dull blade at the end of a shaft; as good for hooking an opponent as it is for shooting pucks.
Puck: A rounded disk fired from the blade of a hockey stick.

The data is all below; stick it in a file named item_hockey_gear or something:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then add the following to whichever entity you want to come at your dwarves like a pack of overpaid celebrity mercenaries.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now generate a world, get to playing, and enjoy the hockey hooliganism when it starts.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hockey Gear [40.16]
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 08:58:32 am »

Amusingly ridiculous, Malecus. Well done.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Hockey Gear [40.16]
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 01:07:25 pm »

Now make the canadian civ that uses it.   :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::