Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.18 Released  (Read 21754 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress 0.40.18 Released
« on: November 20, 2014, 04:26:47 pm »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

0.40.18: The flag changes brought forth a compiler issue on Windows (breaking smelting, for example).  Hopefully it'll work better now.

(from 0.40.17)

Major bug fixes
   (*) Fixed collapsing shrines
   (*) Fixed army crash/bad behavior near the right/lower edge of the map
   (*) Fixed a conversation crash related to uncivilized people/creatures trying to sell something in the market
   (*) Made people only jump into actual conflicts, rather than animal encounters and training events

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Made stress levels drop faster the longer no stressors are applied
   (*) Made gathering plants from the ground add to herbalist skill properly again
   (*) Made plants that grow in winter-spring plantable at all proper times (Quietust)
   (*) Optimized flag checks for non-windows OSs (ag)
   (*) Fixed problem deleting stockpile links in the case that stockpile had multiple give/take settings
   (*) Fixed blinking behavior for stockpiles/zones vs. ramps/stairs
   (*) Fixed blinking behavior for designations vs. anything obscuring them
   (*) Fixed double untranslated name in thoughts screen
   (*) Fixed elf diplomacy typo
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.18 Released
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 04:37:21 pm »

Welp, that was fast 0_o

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 04:47:46 pm »

Welp, that was fast 0_o
That was fast because only one thing - critical bug involving smelting and windows - was fixed in this release.
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 04:50:02 pm »

It must have been a big issue. Thank You TodayOne for taking the time to fix the issue right away!
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 04:51:38 pm »

I believe the issue could have affected other things as well, but the smelting issue was more noticeable (and the only one reported on the bug tracker, as far as I can tell).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 05:51:39 pm »

My big issue was soldiers at map edge

christopher1006

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 01:44:46 pm »

I believe some people mentioned problems in Fortress mode with everyone being absolutely miserable no matter what.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 01:54:07 pm »

Yeah the compiler issue probably broke lots of things, the smelting issue just happened to be the most noticeable and probably the first reported issue related to that.

I wonder how it would affect adventurer mode? I'm using 40.17 still and I haven't seen anything odd in adventure mode. Nothing that's new anyway.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 02:04:23 pm »

There were reports of cave-ins that might be related.  That's the only other thing I heard about.  I'd still recommended upgrading to 0.40.18.  Any bugs reported against 0.40.17 run a risk of being false positives now.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 02:16:07 pm »

Still on the fence about some of the lists being alphabetized.  Lists with dissimilar items need to be broken down finer so that it's not a hodge-podge list.

For example, plants in stockpile definitions are not alphabetized, but the various types of plants are clustered together by type.  All of the underground plants are listed together, the "berries" are mostly listed together, etc.  That makes it easy to setup a stockpile to accept just the underground plant seeds.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 02:32:35 pm »

There were reports of cave-ins that might be related.  That's the only other thing I heard about.  I'd still recommended upgrading to 0.40.18.  Any bugs reported against 0.40.17 run a risk of being false positives now.

Noted then and I've upgraded.

Edit: I'm noticing that the angel guardians in the vaults have normal metal weapons, however, I think this save was generated in 40.17. Should just create a new world here.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 03:35:29 pm by smjjames »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 05:35:02 pm »

Yeah, that's the exact sort of thing that's likely to be screwed up -- all the "inorganic" flags were misreporting, and possibly some others.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 07:06:31 pm »

This one http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8576 could be a result of the 40.17 problems.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 03:00:09 pm »

Still on the fence about some of the lists being alphabetized.

The one that I've noticed in particular is z -> Kitchen -> whatever the last tab is called.  The one that has all of the meat and all of the booze in it.  It's all mixed together, and if you want to disable booze cooking, you have to read each entry carefully (or at least the ones that are still marked for Cooking).
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 07:10:36 pm »

That's been like that for a long time. Not much of a problem, either. Too many sub-menus would be worse, in my opinion.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: [1] 2