Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What was your first post?  (Read 1234 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: What was your first post?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 07:00:58 pm »

Hey, I'm new to here (and just read through Deathgate in about two days) and I have a small birthday present.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Deathgate in Minecraft!

I used DF2Minecraft in DFhack and produced a usable Alpha map of Deathgate for exploring. I haven't explored much yet, but I'm sure it will be properly epic.

The save file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18948156/World1.7z
So, if anyone wants to see more, just tell me and I'll take some more pics, and post the Cartograph as well.
EDIT:
The updated save file for Minecraft 1.2
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18948156/World1_UPDATED.7z

Technically my second, but my first was boring anyway.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 08:24:48 pm »

Hello, this is Cryxis, Prince of Doom and i was pulled into the dwarf fortress realm by one Zanzetkuken the Great

I wonder why the introducing new people thread didn't work so well?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2015, 01:24:11 am »

An introduce yourself thread might work better.

martijn1202

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2015, 12:32:39 pm »

This is my first post! :D
Anyways, i'll just go back to lurking.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2015, 12:42:23 pm »

Welcome brah! To hell!

sirboomalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2015, 12:50:18 pm »

Great mod(s?), but i have just a couple of problems. One is that the cavern seems to be MUCH closer to the surface than before, causing the level that i usually have most of my stockpiles and workshops in to be open space. my other problem is that some mod is making it deadly to mine certain stones. basically, my miners are digging away when suddenly there is their own blood on the floor where they are mining. no fight reports, no announments, just my miners getting hurt. eventually my miners end up with rotting body parts, and sometimes they die. any solutions or tips?

EDIT: ok, i have figured out whats killing my miners. after having a miner die, and then the peasant replacement of that miner die, i paused the game just as a block of the deadly stuff was mined and looked at the square. it said boiling magma was there. my guess is that the stone has a very low boiling point, so that every time it is mined i get magma instead of a useable rock. since i have absolutly no idea how to change the raws or what to change them to, i am going to hope that somebody else will reply with a fix.

At a rate of 10 posts a year for three years, I consider myself an accomplished lurker on these forums. O0

Oh, and welcome to the forums martijn!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2015, 12:52:54 pm »

hello guys. i have recently joined the forum after reading near 45 of the regular games and 5 B. mods. I have played plenty of mafia before here and would love to join a meph game. if possible, i'll in this one.  ...this sounded really formal... will check back in the morning for answer. ciao :D

Ah the early days. :D Back when I actually had the highest post rate on the forum of an average 75-80 a day from combined Mafia games, RotMG V1 and V2, and Twilight Academy. Fun times back then, though I had many a night of posting on a DSI.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2015, 12:56:36 pm »

The Master of Drinking, the adamantite grate. Also referred in another artifact and engravigs. Very dorfy.

"Your best artifact ever" thread. It is still the best one.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 [2]