Launch One Interceptor
- 2 (16.7%)
Launch Both Interceptors
- 10 (83.3%)
Don't launch any!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: XCEF IC - In-Base  (Read 8163 times)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCEF IC - In-Base
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2014, 01:10:04 am »

Taylor shrugged, glad that someone was paying him mind. He winced as he shrugged, a small jolt going through his body. "Well... I'm not used to killing things, you know? Or... Lasers. Lasers are not what I expected. I was expecting... You know, plasma bolts. Just, contained like bullets. Not lasers." He shakes his heads, looking around a bit as he speaks. "And... I didn't really shoot live rounds. Mostly, I just brawled. I swear if I see a laser sword, I will be in the ZONE."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2014, 03:29:16 pm »

"Both interceptors. Take it down."

In the hanger, the pilots dashed to their craft. They strapped in and the VTOL air superiority fighters, the best Earth had to offer, were soon soaring through the skies.

Crowhood is the first to see the enemy craft.

Code: (UFO-1 : Large) [Select]
  ______     _______
 /______\___/_______\
|______ |__|________|

Crowhood opens the throttle to full and moves in to attack.

Code: (Crowhood vs UFO-1) [Select]
Crowhood launches Avalanche missiles!
Hit!
Alien ship is lightly damaged!

Alien ship fires a plasma beam!
Hit!
Interceptor is quite damaged!

Crowshood launches Avalanche missiles!
Miss!

Hit!
Interceptor is heavily damaged!

Interceptor tries to pull out!
The UFO keeps on its tail!

Hit!
Interceptor is lost!

Code: (Blue Devil) [Select]
Interceptor launches Avalanche Missiles!
Hit!
The UFO is lightly damaged!

The UFO fires a plasma beam!
Hit!
The Interceptor is quite damaged!

Interceptor launches Avalanche Missiles!
Hit!
The UFO is lightly damaged!

The UFO fires a plasma beam!
Hit!
The Interceptor is heavily damaged!

Interceptor pulls out!

The remaining interceptor limps home, heavily damaged - it'd require a long time in the workshop to be airworthy again. Meanwhile, only light damage had been inflicted to the UFO.
The Commander gritted their teeth, watching the blip of the UFO head for... a city? Dread pulls at their guts. It's not long before the reports come in...
"We're getting reports of aliens attacking Aberdeen, Commander. They're... openly attacking."
On the viewscreens, images of bright green bolts striking down civilians, police and soldiers, played out in mute gore.
"Launch Strike Two. Strike One still isn't fully battle ready from the UFO we downed before."

Quietly, so none else would hear, the Commander whispered "And God help us all."

Results: Interceptor Crowhood lost in action
Interceptor 'Blue Devil' damaged for 12 days

Alien Terror Attack in Aberdeen!

Strike Two, prepare for combat!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2014, 03:40:20 pm »

Andrew nodded at Josephine, and looked at Rohim.  "Looks like we're up.  You ready to do this?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2014, 03:44:13 pm »

Martzel swept up his hammer, grabbing a stimpack, two flashbangs, and a frag before sprinting to the Skyranger.
"Ah, shiiiit, not good, not good at all!"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2014, 03:48:51 pm »

Emma swore, and got her gun, along with some ammo and medicine. Boarding the skyranger, she couldn't help but slam against the wall, before collecting herself.
"Bloody aliens, they'll pay for they're doing!"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2014, 03:52:48 pm »

"Well, wont this be fun... I hope that everyone remembers to use cover..."
Everett grimaces as he grabs his gear, before strapping himself into the skyranger near the door, ready to pull back anyone who gets shot during disembarkation...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2014, 04:28:31 pm »

"I really wish I could be up there with you. Good luck, comrades."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2014, 04:53:22 pm »

Mordeci gave the squad a salute from his infirmary bed.
"Give those bastards hell for those of us that can't be with you, doing it ourselves!"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2014, 05:54:07 pm »

Rohim was surprised by the hand on his shoulder, looking with confusion to the sniper. He listened to the man before giving a chuckle without much backing to it. "I'm not that much of a greenhorn, before this I was a mercenary, before that in the military. I've fought people and was the pointman and breacher for my squad, bullets don't scare me." He boasted.

"But thanks for the advice, all the same. I take heart in the fact that its just simple stuff that applies to any battle, means there may not be anything too different than what I'm used to.  Don't get hit, hit them first, no?" The man grinned.

The new information didn't quite sit with him, but he wasn't as nervous as before. Turning to Andrew, he nodded at the man's words. "Ready as I'll be. Let's show them that saying I hear in English is true, eh? 'Hell's on Earth,' so let's be the demons to shove them off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2014, 07:15:36 pm »

Andrew grinned as he gave the thumbs-up to the man in the infirmary.  "Hell on Earth... sounds good to me!  We'll show those alien assholes just what us humans can do."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2014, 08:32:17 pm »

"Excellent!" Faust exclaimed, positively on fire with enthusiasm. "Now's our chance to show the people of the world that we're here for them!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2015, 05:23:33 pm »

The skyranger roared into the night sky. It descended onto the streets of Aberdeen.

The smell of smoke and roasted flesh filled the air, and screams rang through the buildings. The rat-tat-tat of gunfire echoed i nthe background, met with the hiss-crackle of plasma.

It was time.

Operation Brass Cobra has begun!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2015, 06:34:54 am »

"I hope they're all right. I've heard they deep-fry the hearts of their enemies."
"What? The aliens?"
"Aliens?? Oh, we're fighting THEM? I'm relieved, I though we were fighting the Scots for a moment."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2015, 03:04:33 pm »

I'm not saying the Scots are aliens but... They're aliens.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2015, 04:03:30 am »

"I believe they should order the civilians and others to the Skyranger," Jo noted. "In times of panic and distress--a calm or assertive order goes a long way, despite the common notion that common sense is to be followed. The people may run around for the nearest bit of cover--and they don't exactly have the same situational awareness we were trained to employ."

After a few tense minutes, the result of that one alien getting the policeman echoed a note into her thoughts.

"Why don't we have grenade launchers?"
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:25:24 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]