Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Yugioh: Apocalypse (IC)  (Read 8396 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Yugioh: Apocalypse (IC)
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 07:01:33 pm »

Athena paused for a moment, taking another quick look across the rare cards before she spoke.
"Mostly because I wanted to see more of the world, it would have been a shame to spend all of my life cooped up in my town." her smile widened slightly "How about you?"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 07:10:39 pm »

He paused a moment, an old lecture coming back to him. He shook his head, his eyes going to the rare cards on the wall while he spoke. His hands sunk in his pockets as he stood up a bit straighter, his eyes a bit distanced as he recalls something....

"Nothing so noble, I'm afraid. I... I ditched my hometown. My Dad was the RD... Resident Duelist. S'what I call em anyway. Right, getting off topic... He... He had these huge dreams of passing his legacy on to me, including his deck... It was a really nice deck, full of Wind Monsters and traps to get control of his enemy's best monster... But that wasn't my style. Neither was risking my neck for a bunch of people who looked at me with disgust... EVERYONE in town used wind cards, right? And... I didn't like em. I didn't think I liked the game at ALL... until... There was a man who rolled through town one winter. Older guy, 30 something. This is back when I was like... ten? Ten. He brought a deck with him... And... A Bot showed up. A tough one. My Dad was worried about beating it... So the stranger took his place. Dueled like a champion. Til the Bot locked down his deck... It was 4000 to 400, in favor of the stranger. Then... The Bot pulled a player killer, and hit the Stranger for every point of LP he had. In that last moment... He activated a trap."

Ken pulls a card from his deck, showing it to Athena. "Rock Bombardment. Sent Gaia Plate from his deck to the graveyard, and managed a double KO. My Dad finished off the bot... But the stranger was no more. All that was left was his deck. And... I took it. I like to think I'd be able to be that strong some day. But I could never do it in that town. Not with everyone demanding I use Wind Cards and become the RD... So... I ran. And here I am."

He shrugged, looking to her. It was probably a lot to take in... and he waited for her reaction.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 08:07:59 pm »

Athena's smile faded slightly as she listened to the young man's story, when he had finished she remained silent for a while taking another look around the room. Eventually though she spoke.
"I can understand that, you didn't want to be what everyone else forced you to be" she let out a small forced laugh "My reason isn't really that noble though."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 08:12:35 pm »

He looked to her, placing the card back in his deck. He nodded, smiling softly. "Well, it can't be any worse than mine. So let's hear it."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 08:19:21 pm »

"I already told you it really" she smiled down at him "I want to see the world and get away from my town. If I was being all noble I would have been perfectly fine staying there."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 08:20:53 pm »

"Right... No family or anything? Where'd you get your disk and deck?" His fingers trace his disk, and he looks lost in thought.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2014, 08:23:45 pm »

Athena shrugged,
"Yeah I have family back there, I actually got my disk from my mother. The deck I just sort of picked up around the place." she sighed "Various pieces from here and there, traders, my mother. Like that."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 10:43:11 pm »

Ken Kintra

You head over to the box labeled, 'Earth-effect' and begin to search through it.  You find within Avatar of the Pot, Barrier Statue of the Drought, Block Golem, Charm of Shabti, Chronomaly Moai, Chronomaly Moai Carrier, Chronomaly Winged Sphinx, Chrysalis Mole, The Dark Hex-Sealed Fusion, Dice Jar, Dummy Golem, The Earth Hex-Sealed Fusion, Earthquake Giant, Elephant Statue of Blessing, Elephant Statue of Disaster, Enraged Muka Muka, and Earth Effigy.

You head over to the counter to look at the rares, but on some shelves behind the counter, you see a card that gives you pause, Exxod, Master of the Guard and Blockman.

Meriel Taylor

You search through the traps, and you find within it, Different Dimension Ground, Cross Counter, Anti-Raigeki, Chaos Burst, Paradox Fusion, and Mirror Force.

A passing glance behind the counter on the shelves allows you to see a Nekroz Cycle and Sophia, Goddess of Rebirth on the shelving.

Athena Baskerville

You search through the Spell cards and find a copy of Mystical Space Typhoon, but none of the rest of the cards you were searching for.  However, you do come across Return of the Monarchs, Extra Net, De-Fusion, Dark Hole, Monster Reincarnation and Exchange.

A passing glance at the shelves behind the counter allows you to see two cards that give you pause, Delg the Dark Monarch and The First Monarch.

Bert Tobler

When you enter, the only portfolio that isn't being searched through is the monsters.  You don't notice any of the fusions you were searching for in it, but you do find, Gladiator Beast Samnite, Gladiator Beast Gaidiaz, Gladiator Beast Murmillo, and a  Gladiator Beast Alexander.

A passing glance at the shelves behind the counter allows you to see two cards that give you pause, Gladiator Beast Lanista and  Gladiator Beast Nerokius

Jason Thompson

"More a wanderer, truthfully," she says, setting down the jar she was looking at in order to turn towards you.  "Why do you ask?"
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 05:26:42 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2014, 11:33:06 pm »

Ken walks to the shopkeep, smiling. "Morning. How much for an Earth Effigy, Exxod, and Blockman?"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2014, 11:38:10 pm »

Ken walks to the shopkeep, smiling. "Morning. How much for an Earth Effigy, Exxod, and Blockman?"

"Twenty percent, Five thousand, Five thousand," the elder says in response, not looking up from the cards.  "Who was he?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2014, 11:41:14 pm »

"F-Five thousand... I... ok, just an Earth Effigy for now. I'll be back for the other two... and.. he? You mean the Wanderer I was talking about?" He digs in his pocket for the reverse running watch and places it on the counter.

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2014, 12:03:19 am »

Bert grumbled - not much of interest. Well, might as well check on Nerokius' price - he wasn't going to hurt the deck, after all.

He glances at the counter, and sees that Ken is currently occupying the shopkeeper's attention. He decides to wait for the other portfolios to free up, glancing at the counter in the meantime for other cards of interest.
Tsuyoku naritai.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2014, 12:13:39 am »

"F-Five thousand... I... ok, just an Earth Effigy for now. I'll be back for the other two... and.. he? You mean the Wanderer I was talking about?" He digs in his pocket for the reverse running watch and places it on the counter.

"If you stay in town and do stuff for the shop, they'll get cheaper," she says.  Putting the cards to the side, she continues, "and yes, I am referring to the wanderer you mentioned."
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:10:13 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2014, 03:32:12 am »

"Well, ma'am, I was wondering if you'd be willing to have a duel with me. Might be a good opportunity to charge up my pendants a bit more and get some practice in." Jason responded to the woman.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2014, 09:54:55 am »

He thinks about the question a moment, willing the name ton come back to him... Jacob... Jacob... T?
"So do you have any tasks I can do? And his name... was Jacob Taylors." THAT was it. Mr. Taylors.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8