Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - GAME OVER! See first post.  (Read 46660 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - Roll 1
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 03:18:16 pm »

"Well master, one of my subroutines tells me that following those activists would quickly reveal the location of the nearest airlocks, if we ever need to go into space." WARDEN responds, looking up at his 'master.' "You also could 'suggest' me to help those children. It would improve peoples view of us...er you, people would be more willing to work with you "
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - Roll 1
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 03:27:20 pm »

"Sounds like a plan. And sounds like a good opportunity to study juvenile humans." Atlos starts wheeling over in that direction. "Go, prevent the child from falling!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Roll 2
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 04:18:32 pm »

Moravia Orbital Colony, Ulysses | 237d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Moravia Lobby Alpha, Floor 3
Bustling Traffic (Lose all of your Diplomacy and convert it to a 1:1 Initiative bonus)

Megacity Time: 5:47

"They won't let you?  Bummer.  All right, hold the Gio-lettuce then.  Dang bureaucrats and their controlling of everything.  But yeah, I'm pretty stoked, hope some good luck's finally coming my way.  You know anyone who goes there a lot?  Never hurts to have a couple pointers.  Say, got something good to drink too?"

Talk more, buy a drink (whatever soda equivalent).

The soda is much less exotic. It's just CO2-saturated water with artificial flavor.

[1] "We're working for Galactic™, the boss of our boss definitely goes there, but I don't really know much about the way our company works. Jake, you know anything?"
[1] The other vendor shakes his head.

McMarlo strolled over to the pangamers. "Is that Protectors of the Multiverse?" he inquires, loudly, flapping his wings.

"I admit, I'm more a fan of Infinite League of the Ancient Arena, but I'm good at this game too-someone sign me up! Win or lose, everyone here gets holoautograph with McMarlo, I promise! Everyone gather round!" He panned.

McMarlo hoped he could pick Abjura the Existenimancer, his favorite character...

Action: Time for some Protectors of the Multiverse action!

By which I mean, massively distract the security teams from my teammates!

[3] You are well-received across the party, and apparently recognized by a few of them.

However, it dawns on you: Abjura is banned. As are all the other S-tier characters. What a bunch of jokers...

As you embrace the controller and beat the crap out of the other human players, the little gaming circle starts to grow larger and larger, with some wanting to play, but most simply here for the autographs. Your gameplay starts to suffer as you start to sign autographs in real time, setting your character to dance during the interruptions.

[4] Eventually, you spot a security team with one of your eyes, hovering around the edge of the crowd. They seem to have gotten in line just like the rest. Whether you're in trouble or not for disturbing the peace with your magnificence, you've got their attention.

In the corner of your other eye, you notice your friendly neighborhood spider robot grabbing a child just as the child tips over the edge of a guard rail.

"Well master, one of my subroutines tells me that following those activists would quickly reveal the location of the nearest airlocks, if we ever need to go into space." WARDEN responds, looking up at his 'master.' "You also could 'suggest' me to help those children. It would improve peoples view of us...er you, people would be more willing to work with you "
"Sounds like a plan. And sounds like a good opportunity to study juvenile humans." Atlos starts wheeling over in that direction. "Go, prevent the child from falling!"

WARDEN: [6/5] Aiming to ward off a potential thread, you arrive just in time as the short child tips over the edge. Within nanoseconds, you realize that your Extendable Grabby Arm will be insufficient to recover the child, so you take off with your jump jets and recover the child mid-flight. Your jets, however, cannot sustain flight for long, and you are forced to cut your engines until you can make a safe landing on the floor below, having fallen, very roughly, about 18.431m.

The child in your mechanical arms starts crying. The children above, on the other hand, start cheering. You feel tempted to tell the child to shut up, and seeing as here aren't any guards in sight you might be able to get away with it.

Onlookers on the second floor start to gather around you as you release the child. The little boy starts running toward the stairwell on the edge of the lobby.
"What's that bot doing?"
"Did it just kidnap the boy?"
"The child fell."
"Was the kid running away?"

As you can tell, most people here get suspicious about robots performing good deeds. Oh well, your personality setting is at 100% introversion. You don't need much attention.

Atlos : It seems your 'personal assistant is now a hero. This is bound to show up on the news...

Nerin and Valrak break off of the group and approach the women in labcoats.

"You're looking for something."

"What?"

"We're curious."

"We may have seen it."

One of the women backs away from the mentally linked pair. The other responds without expression.
[1] "Just one of our colleagues. He's run off with some papers, which we require. I don't think you can help us."

Ziggo gave a disgruntled squeak. Damn sensors. Maybe next time I should climb through the vents during inspection.

"I will leave you all now. Two-leggers forced me to visit a sy-kai-a-trist. Whatever that is." Ziggo began to search for the sy-ki-atric ward. Maybe that's where he could start some damage.

[6/5] Speaking of vents, you instinctively crawl into the nearest one without thinking, tossing the steel panel out on the floor. It lands with a resounding clang.

inside the vent, it seems there are four directions. Up or down, which presumably lead to the next level, 'forward' with the flow of the air, or 'backward,' toward the source of the air.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - Roll 2
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 04:40:50 pm »

"Odds are is the papers are a tad important based on your mannerisms earlier. Not to mention the person ran off. Eight eyes are better then four. My Paired is augmented and trained for location and retrieval of targets and sensitive objects without harming them. I am augmented to sync with secondary visual sources. Are you certain you do not desire help? Are the consequences of failure to retrieve worth it? We will leave should you wish."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 06:23:54 pm »

"Whoa, how'd I get in here?" Ziggo asks himself, briefly coming back to his senses. He sniffs the air. "Let's see where this leads."

Go backward and follow the source of the air.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 08:25:15 pm »

Deuce nodded.  No info here.  "Alright, sure.  Thanks for the hot dog."

Pay for drink if not already done.  Head toward the entrance they came from.  Keep an eye out for anything interesting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 12:26:10 pm »

"...Burnyoutoalol!" McMarlo insulting his opponent, in bytegeist speech.

"Is there anyone who can offer a challenge to McMarlo?" He boasted, as his character, General Rollout Thunderstrike, executed a triple perfect triangle jump attack combo.   

Action: Continue to distract security from the robot-spider-kidnapping attempt. Reach maximum distraction!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 12:02:12 am »

((Bumpy for Hugo and HEN))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 12:05:32 am »

Human's, indecisive as ever. Well, at least it turned out well. I should return to my 'master's' side.

Take the stairwell back up and return to Atlos' side.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 12:14:07 am »

Well, we've drawn some attention to ourselves now haven't we? But we can use this, I think...

He called out to the approaching spider-bot, aware of the crowd's attention. "Bravo, assistant! Thank goodness we were in time!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll 3
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 12:46:54 am »

Moravia Orbital Colony, Ulysses | 237d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Moravia Lobby Alpha, Floor 3
Bustling Traffic (Lose all of your Diplomacy and convert it to a 1:1 Initiative bonus)

Megacity Time: 5:49

"Odds are is the papers are a tad important based on your mannerisms earlier. Not to mention the person ran off. Eight eyes are better then four. My Paired is augmented and trained for location and retrieval of targets and sensitive objects without harming them. I am augmented to sync with secondary visual sources. Are you certain you do not desire help? Are the consequences of failure to retrieve worth it? We will leave should you wish."

[1/1] "That is correct, it's important information. Information that is not available to the public. Now if you'll excuse us, we are under a specific agreement not to mention the project to anyone outside of the department. Carry on."

The scientists hurry away while a security guard walks in through the northwest entrance and stares at you two. The scientists proceed to rush down the nearest stairwell, culminating with the sound of something made of metal collapsing and rolling down the stairs.

Human's, indecisive as ever. Well, at least it turned out well. I should return to my 'master's' side.

Take the stairwell back up and return to Atlos' side.

[1/4] As you try to navigate up the human elevating ramp, a pair of human females cut the corner and fail to notice you, being at waist height. One of them trips on top of you and takes you down the stairs with her as the robot-human combo slams down on the metal grating. Better act... unnatural, actually.

[6/5] You resist your automated self-defense protocols, instead opting to jetpack away leaving the woman in a heap. The other woman appears to talk into an invisible microphone.

"Ugh, Mal tripped on a utility bot. Get medical to stairs 4A3, no time to help her."
The injured woman seems to be both bleeding and unconscious. You recall your combat subroutines specifically manipulating the fall such that your 'opponent' hits the ground first. Hopefully that won't be recognized on the camera feeds. Feigning non-sentience, you walk on pretending to be unaware of the human's injuries.

Well, we've drawn some attention to ourselves now haven't we? But we can use this, I think...

He called out to the approaching spider-bot, aware of the crowd's attention. "Bravo, assistant! Thank goodness we were in time!"

It seems that WARDEN has run into something, along with a loud crashing noise coming from the nearby stairwell. You glance over the rails and see WARDEN walking up casually. You heard the jetpack activate a second time.

"...Burnyoutoalol!" McMarlo insulting his opponent, in bytegeist speech.

"Is there anyone who can offer a challenge to McMarlo?" He boasted, as his character, General Rollout Thunderstrike, executed a triple perfect triangle jump attack combo.   

Action: Continue to distract security from the robot-spider-kidnapping attempt. Reach maximum distraction!

[3] The two guards ditch you to investigate a noise coming from the western stairwell (you are at the south-southeast wall between the southeast entrance and southern stairwell). You do attract more guards, however, who seem to be coming in at a steady rate now. Some of them seem to think the others have got it handled, it seems.

Your flashy combos woo the audience. Deciding to play Argroth, a gelatinous cosmic berserker, you pull off one of your favorite tricks of all time: using the map's teleporters in order to make one of your blobs return to you at five times its usual speed, OHK'ing your current opponent. The other player throws down his controller on the couch, while the crowd makes all sorts of oohs, aahs, and wows.

Deuce nodded.  No info here.  "Alright, sure.  Thanks for the hot dog."

Pay for drink if not already done.  Head toward the entrance they came from.  Keep an eye out for anything interesting.

Well it seems that something happened at the western stairwell. About four guards are gravitating toward the entrance, although it doesn't seem to be too urgent.

A man in a white suit and hat brushes past you. At first you hardly notice him, but then you realize he's stuck something to your shirt: a tiny unlabelled vial of blue liquid, about 3cm in height.

"Whoa, how'd I get in here?" Ziggo asks himself, briefly coming back to his senses. He sniffs the air. "Let's see where this leads."

Go backward and follow the source of the air.

[2] You go forward for a while and notice it getting both warmer and harder to move around. Curious, you drop a vial of antidote from a short distance. It hits the ground sooner than usual. You must be heading toward the edge of the toroidal structure, which apparently is how the gravity works on here.

There is a deep noise rattling through the shaft at this point. You notice a vent beneath you, which would be simple enough to remove. However, there are two custodial workers below inside a room painted a light green color. They seem to be discussing something.

A:: "Getting some bad data from junctions S3CB. Looks like airflow's taken a hit."
B:: "Probably just turbulence."
A:: "Turbulence doesn't do that. I think a pin might be loose."
B:: "Kay, let's divert the flow and investigate. Get your suit on."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - Roll 3
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 12:53:13 am »

((The dice freaking hate me. use a different D6 perhaps~?))

Nerin and Valrak begin wandering around randomly.

Nerin links up with any unsecured devices and systems in the area, as well as the general datanet and begins sifting though data for things of interest.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 03:26:59 pm »

"Well, the champion is crowned once again-learn to play, you all!" McMarlo crowed, triumphantly and appropriately.

"Winning sure makes me hungry-I could go for a Wonderful Birdburger, from a guild approved franchise eatery...

What, was that? You mean you don't sell them here?"
McMarlo said, his voice dropping into tones of unmatched disappointment.

Action: Time for mingling! Also, begin planting guild approved seeds of dissent into the populace
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 04:16:16 pm »

Deuce turned to get a good luck at the man who stuck the vial on him, then stashed away to check out later.  A drug pusher, maybe?

Keep headed toward the exit, but not the one the Robot Friends just tore up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 05:16:53 pm »

((Don't worry, Kevak, the dice hates me too.))

Draw my dagger and slowly make my way to a dark, secluded spot. When the technicians come to fix the vent kill them one by one and leave them in the air vents.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31