Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - GAME OVER! See first post.  (Read 46658 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - Roll 3
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2014, 05:20:04 pm »

((I recommend using Random.org))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2014, 10:22:25 pm »

"Apologies for the tardiness, master. Minor... obstruction."

Quickly move over to Atlos and follow him. Try to not draw any more attention.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2014, 12:49:53 am »

Atlos waits for WARDEN's return, pondering his options in the present situation.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Roll 4
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2014, 10:01:35 pm »

((Used random.org for this one. The dice still hate Kevak.))

Moravia Orbital Colony, Ulysses | 237d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Moravia Lobby Alpha, Floor 3
Bustling Traffic (Lose all of your Diplomacy and convert it to a 1:1 Initiative bonus)
Civil Unrest (1/6th chance of uprising next turn)

Megacity Time: 5:53

((The dice freaking hate me. use a different D6 perhaps~?))

Nerin and Valrak begin wandering around randomly.

Nerin links up with any unsecured devices and systems in the area, as well as the general datanet and begins sifting though data for things of interest.

[2] Alas, Atlos and WARDEN have already gotten themselves into trouble. You steer clear, randomly walking into the Northwest entrance, the same one the scientists came from. You stumble upon a security checkpoint (meant to catch outgoing shoplifters rather than incoming guests, it seems), and beyond lies some sort of hardware store. Further beyond (on the very edge) is some sort of research and development complex, guarded by yet another checkpoint.

There are five main divisions inside the large, store-like chamber, complete with salesmen discussing the virtues of locally-built electronics and products. Products are displayed on tables, linked to a hub in the center of each table via flexible cables.

The five sections are:
-Home Appliances
-Handheld Electronics
-Applied Computing
-Personal Defense
-Space Accessories

One man trips the alarms while walking out, and is subsequently lunged upon by three angry guards with stunrods.

"Well, the champion is crowned once again-learn to play, you all!" McMarlo crowed, triumphantly and appropriately.

"Winning sure makes me hungry-I could go for a Wonderful Birdburger, from a guild approved franchise eatery...

What, was that? You mean you don't sell them here?"
McMarlo said, his voice dropping into tones of unmatched disappointment.

Action: Time for mingling! Also, begin planting guild approved seeds of dissent into the populace

[4] You explain the benefits and nutritional advantages of Wonderful Birdburgers to the crowd, all the while destroying your next challenger in the fighting game.
Some of the locals start to express discontent with the establishment, and one of them, a bald, 6'3" athletic man, raises a fist into the air and calls for civil disobedience, citing the poor food quality and high import tariffs as absolutely unacceptable for a wealthy sponsor such as SpaceInc.

Deuce turned to get a good luck at the man who stuck the vial on him, then stashed away to check out later.  A drug pusher, maybe?

Keep headed toward the exit, but not the one the Robot Friends just tore up.

[5] You continue to the entrance, discovering a long hallway filled with various offices belonging to city management and officials, including a mayor's office and several police, fire, and clinical stations. Potted plants and electronic paintings line what little wallspace is available and not occupied by social gamers.

Further down the hall is a fork in the hall which leads to a rhombus shaped section of the station, divided into four layers: MANUFACTURING, COMMERCE, RESIDENTIAL, and UTILITY.

A couple of medical persons pull a levitating stretcher out of the clinic, while a single security guard leaves the police station with a stunrod and walks back toward the lobby from which you came.

The hall itself is mostly clear of individuals leaving the rhomboid complex. However, there is a lot of outgoing traffic which includes humans of various styles of dress, merchants, bounty hunters, and rugged freelance-types without any obvious profession. A single levitating cart of chemical tanks is being hauled by city staff into the complex.

((Don't worry, Kevak, the dice hates me too.))

Draw my dagger and slowly make my way to a dark, secluded spot. When the technicians come to fix the vent kill them one by one and leave them in the air vents.

[5] You wait until the humans have passed, then slip out of the vent, leaving it open so you can jump back inside later. Landing silently, you stalk the humans into the staff locker room, and hide inside the dark hallway between the custodial office and the locker room, inside a convenient space between a wall-mounted CO2 scrubber and the wall. Your small body is able to fit inside, albeit compressed.

As the workers pass by again, this time wearing reflective suits of some sort but no helmet, one says "hold on," and walks back. This is your chance.

Initiative: 
Ziggo [7]
Guy #1 [6]

Ziggo: You slit Guy #1's throat without issue and drag him over to the air vent. Unfortunately, the vent is in the ceiling and the higher-than-normal gravity makes it nearly impossible for you to stuff him into the vent. You opt to stow the body inside a closet instead, and clean up the blood using some cleaning supplies from the same closet. Now, to find another place to hide... your options are the nearby restroom, the CO2 scrubber you used before, or the next hall which has an entrance to the inter-structural maintenance crawlspace.

"Apologies for the tardiness, master. Minor... obstruction."

Quickly move over to Atlos and follow him. Try to not draw any more attention.

[6/4] You draw a lot of attention, fleeing from the incident. Some call out "Grab that robot!" while others rush to the injured woman's assistance. Humans always had quite a penchant for seeking pointless revenge, especially against supposedly non-sapient robots.

When you reach Level 3 and regain visual contact with Atlos' unit, a security guard starts walking near you and shouts out, "Whose robot is this?"

Atlos waits for WARDEN's return, pondering his options in the present situation.

[2] It seems that a guard is calling out and asking for WARDEN's owner. Some additional humans, mostly civilians, follow behind the robot. One particularly burly man hurries toward WARDEN from behind.

The child that previously fell seems to have been reunited with his parents and is crying audibly. The parents notice the guard shouting for WARDEN's owner, and one starts walking toward the guard  in order to presumably explain what happened. She seems to be under the impression that the guard is looking to congratulate the robot's owner.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - Roll 4
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2014, 10:08:14 pm »

Nerin and Valrak wander out of store and peoplewatch somewhere or another.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2014, 10:55:21 pm »

((...Bugger))

Clearly there was only one thing to do in this situation, to avoid immediately drawing suspicion. Apologize profusely and tactfully for the accident, explaining (truthfully) how I intended only for the robot to save the child from injury. Offer to help however I can with the injured human. This is something a normal, responsible citizen wishing to remain in the good graces (and beneath the long-term notice of) the local authorities would do.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2014, 11:36:13 pm »

Hmm.

Eyeball the chem tanks.  Anything potentially hazardous there?  If so, tail them.  Otherwise, head toward Utility.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2014, 07:02:13 am »

"All the fun of crawling and killing without the stink of home."

Hide in the restroom. Make some noises like opening and closing the stall doors or turning the tap on to draw the second guy inside.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2014, 09:08:48 am »

"I know, right? SpaceInc was so much cooler last time, before, you know-who is that guys who is running the station now? Well, before he took command, everything was alot better. I remember coming here and people were alot happier...if only we could something about it..." McMarlo insinuated, whilst giving his enemy an on-screen assassination. Total coincidence!

Action: Plant those dissent seeds!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2014, 04:02:59 pm »

Does the guard expect a non-sapient robot to react to him?

Continue heading towards Atlos. If the guard attempts to stop me, deviate from the path slightly.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll 5
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2014, 04:19:20 pm »

((Happy Thanksgiving everyone!))

Moravia Orbital Colony, Ulysses | 237d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Moravia Lobby Alpha, Floor 3
Bustling Traffic (Lose all of your Diplomacy and convert it to a 1:1 Initiative bonus)
Civil Unrest (5/6th chance of uprising next turn)

Megacity Time: 5:58

Nerin and Valrak wander out of store and peoplewatch somewhere or another.

[2] You'd leave the store, but the checkpoint is currently occupied. The security guards seem to be beating up the poor guy that tripped the alarms.

Actually, it doesn't seem to be a guy. Each stunrod strike disrupts the area around the impact, causing the outer clothes layer to bubble off like some gelatinous substance, revealing a golden-colored ooze below. It seems that this isn't a human, but rather some kind of shapeshifting alien. Most interesting.

Hmm.

Eyeball the chem tanks.  Anything potentially hazardous there?  If so, tail them.  Otherwise, head toward Utility.

It's liquid oxygen. Potentially hazardous, and also extremely cold. If you could vent the tanks somewhere you'd have enough oxygen not only to give people narcosis, but also to blow up normally tame substances like sugar. In fact, a sugar-oxygen bomb was used to blow the airlocks out on the Injustice, a navy vessel, during the Komer Uprising of 2992. The whole vessel depressurized due to a malfunctioning computer system.

"All the fun of crawling and killing without the stink of home."

Hide in the restroom. Make some noises like opening and closing the stall doors or turning the tap on to draw the second guy inside.

You simulate the sound of a leaky faucet. Most people don't just enter the bathroom when they hear another person using it, so this gambit is probably better.

[5] And it works. Guy #2 enters the bathroom and starts looking at the faucet. You, hiding in a corner, are able to either slip out of the room or sneak up on him and kill him, although he is currently wearing his helmet ((he gets +1 defense)).

"I know, right? SpaceInc was so much cooler last time, before, you know-who is that guys who is running the station now? Well, before he took command, everything was alot better. I remember coming here and people were alot happier...if only we could something about it..." McMarlo insinuated, whilst giving his enemy an on-screen assassination. Total coincidence!

Action: Plant those dissent seeds!

[5+1/2] You continue to incite unrest, making snarky remarks about the food quality and employee health. Suddenly, a population that was once complacent with the state of affairs becomes an angry mob. There is a very good chance that something will happen very soon, and thanks to your indirect methods, the guards will have nothing to suspect you of!

A tank of liquid oxygen is hauled out from the southern entrance. The workers hauling it ask some members of the mob what's going on, to which the balding man replies:
"This madness has gone on long enough! The selfish elites live in splendor while those who maintain the most prestigious station in the sector are given unlivable wages and minimal benefits! The greedy bastards treat the populace as a source of money, not a living breathing people!

I say we rise against the oppressors and show them what kind of people we really are!"

"Well, okay."

Does the guard expect a non-sapient robot to react to him?

Continue heading towards Atlos. If the guard attempts to stop me, deviate from the path slightly.

[3] The guard lets you walk back to Atlos without stopping you.

But the children... oh no... the group of children sees you and surrounds you. Some of the little monkeys start hugging your legs and making it difficult for you to walk around, while the others cheer and saturate your environmental sensors with noise.

((...Bugger))

Clearly there was only one thing to do in this situation, to avoid immediately drawing suspicion. Apologize profusely and tactfully for the accident, explaining (truthfully) how I intended only for the robot to save the child from injury. Offer to help however I can with the injured human. This is something a normal, responsible citizen wishing to remain in the good graces (and beneath the long-term notice of) the local authorities would do.

[2] The guard doesn't seem impressed enough to care that your robot saved the child.

"Your robot harmed a SpaceInc employee. Are you sure it's safe to bring it around if it can't avoid this sort of mistake?"

Medical personnel show up and bring a levitating stretcher down the stairs. Soon they bring out the victim: a woman wearing a lab coat with the SpaceInc R&D Core insignia on it. She doesn't seem grievously injured, just a few minor cuts and perhaps a head injury. Humans tend to overreact to bodily harm whenever it's caused by others.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 04:21:49 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2014, 04:36:31 pm »

(There RP between turns in this or will dialogue be a roll?)

"It was a most unlikely and unfortunate accident for which, again, I apologize profusely. Had I not sent the robot off in such a haste, it surely would not have happened."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2014, 05:46:15 pm »

Nerin and Valrak exit the store via a different route and attempt to locate the research department.

((Deescalate tenge crazy fucks with the oxygen.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2014, 12:23:29 am »

(There RP between turns in this or will dialogue be a roll?)

"It was a most unlikely and unfortunate accident for which, again, I apologize profusely. Had I not sent the robot off in such a haste, it surely would not have happened."

((Depends on the situation. If other players can intervene then usually I will give them an opportunity. If the player is alone or the conversation is unlikely to be interrupted by another player's action then I can respond to dialogue if I have time.

Players are free to RP whenever, that's what the thread is for :P))

[3] "Operator error? Very well. I'll let you off this time, but remember that it's station policy to assume responsibility for companions, robots, dogs, whatever."

You hear a repeated bashing noise, coming from the Northwest entrance. Furthermore, there is quite a large crowd formed around McMarlo's little station. A balding, bearded man seems to have taken up the role of some kind of revolutionary leader.

Nerin and Valrak exit the store via a different route and attempt to locate the research department.

((Deescalate tenge crazy fucks with the oxygen.))

Le Research Department is located up ahead on the other side of the store. There is a security checkpoint there, and it seems you need to be an employee to get in.

You ask the lone guard at the checkpoint how one is to get a job there.

"Gotta be selected. R&D only takes the best of minds. Generally we only take members of the Academy, so if you have some skills you'll have to talk to them first."/color]

Just as he finishes, an associate professor from the academy walks by, talking to a SpaceInc researcher about the feasibility of a proposed mechanism to use electrostatics in order to repel "Screechers." You're not sure what these are, and a cursory look at the datanet points out that Screechers are a type of bug on a moist greenhouse world hundreds of parsecs away... perhaps SpaceInc is looking to expand its horizons and sell technology elsewhere?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 12:25:13 am by _DivideByZero_ »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2014, 12:41:50 am »

"Of course, officer, it shan't happen again." Now having avoided immediate compromise of the mission by causing an insurance incident, Atlos thinks of a way to free WARDEN. He waits for the noise to subside somewhat before offering to have his robot perform tricks, on condition the children give the bot some space.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31