Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - GAME OVER! See first post.  (Read 47003 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - Roll 4
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2014, 08:25:59 pm »

Anything to stop the children.

Preform 'tricks' if the children allow it.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2014, 09:54:39 pm »

((Okay, thanks.))

Hmm.

Go ahead and tail them; see what they're up to.  Don't actually interact with them (tanks or handlers) yet.  How many handlers are there?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Roll 6
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2014, 08:49:26 pm »

((Apologies for the delays. Last few weeks of school until break, and some of my professors are working against my priorities...))

Moravia Orbital Colony, Ulysses | 237d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Moravia Lobby Alpha, Floor 3
Heated Combat! (All initiative rolls default to a [1].)

Megacity Time: 6:02

"Correct~ Quite pretty to watch from a drone actually~ More of an aesthetic thing though, chaff launchers would be more efficient for discouraging boarding craft. The ships just like how the lightning feels. Sorta like how we feel when we scratch an itch from what I understand."

"Sounds like a tremendous waste of energy, keeping that on all the time..."
"Sounds like a tremendous load of crap! Markus, we need to get to the biology department."
"I suppose we do."

The researcher reluctantly begins to move as the professor stays put, giving him a blank stare. The professor then follows suit.

Hmm.

Go ahead and tail them; see what they're up to.  Don't actually interact with them (tanks or handlers) yet.  How many handlers are there?

There are [3] handlers, and one of them appears to have something bulky underneath his uniform. Some sort of exoskeleton, perhaps. He seems to be doing all the work.

[5] The handlers seem like innocent city workers doing their jobs. They wheel the cart to the right at a small intersection, bringing it into a narrow hallway with various staff-only entrances. At the end they open a garage-style door labelled 'ATMOSPHERE CONTROL.'

Anything to stop the children.

Preform 'tricks' if the children allow it.

"Of course, officer, it shan't happen again." Now having avoided immediate compromise of the mission by causing an insurance incident, Atlos thinks of a way to free WARDEN. He waits for the noise to subside somewhat before offering to have his robot perform tricks, on condition the children give the bot some space.

Atlos: An excellent plan. Human children, despite the negative evidence you've witnessed thus far, are still rumored to possess a survival instinct. By having WARDEN perform aerobic maneuvers, you can clear up some space and force the children to stop... doing what they are doing.

WARDEN: [6/5] You begin to fire your jets, leaping short distances into the air, proceeding in successively higher jumps. While preparing for your fifth jump, letting your jets cool down, one of the children shouts "I want to ride him!" and leaps onto your back, slipping off and bumping his head against the polymer floor. Though uninjured, the juvenile (of approximately three years old) starts crying, and is subsequently recovered by his parents.

"That's enough," says the boy's mother, dispersing the rest of the crowd (of mostly boys).

Now that this is out of the way, you and Atlos just notice the ambient noise in the room increasing to almost riot levels.

"Woah, careful with that tank, fellas-Liquid Oxygen is highly explosive." Commented the Ravenian in earshot of the mob, completely innocently.

McMarlo strutted off as parts of the mob began to fashion makeshift weapons and battering rams-he figured they had it from here.

Next on the agenda, economic destruction.

He began to whistle. He was an Avian, so it was quite a pretty sound.

Action: Off to Will's, Bill's, and Bently's Brokerage Services!

[3+1] You lay down your controller and walk off innocently as the new rebels fashion sharpened blades from ripped-out polymer floorboards and heave the liquid oxygen tank off of its stand. They begin rolling the giant drum across the lobby in the direction of the R&D department in the north-west entrance.

"These tariffs are abominable!" shouts a rotund trader as he storms out of the office and retreats to the lift. Said lift connects to a network of tunnels that ferry passengers not only vertically, but horizontally around the building. Some even transfer to nearby buildings.

This occurs on the eighth floor of the Charmander Tower, one of the few skyscraper analogues inside the Alpha Complex. Because vertical space is at a premium, the twenty-floored tower cuts across all four layers of the complex, subjecting all citizens to its magnificent architecture, being mostly composed of glass panels, skybridges, and ambitious overhangs. The broker resides in one of four major partitions of Floor 8, its boundaries delineated by reinforced glass panels. Accounting offices, the waiting room, storage closets, and the breakroom are all visible through multiple layers of glass. The only sections with a remote amount of privacy are the restrooms, consisting of a square ring around each of the tower's four support beams running through the entirety of the building.

The waitroom contains a human couple--both wearing dark, fluffy cloaks, as well as a strange yellow goo creature and a giant fish wearing a pressure suit. Reminds you of that Atlos fellow, but this one isn't snakelike but rather has five appendages which further split into three each, with breaklike graspers on the ends.

Moravia Heating Access Alpha

Sneak close to him and pounce. Try and slice his neck where the helmet doesn't conceal it. If Ziggo can't, aim for somewhere not quite protected.

A heatsuit doesn't really leave much expose, now does it? It would really suck if it did.

[4] But luckily for you, the helmet isn't sealed yet. Rather, it's just resting loosely on the guy's head. Perfect~

((By the way, if you haven't noticed, you always have one more initiative than the highest roll due to that passive of yours in the main thread.))
Initiative:
[3] Ziggo
[2] Guy #2

[2] vs (2) You flick the human's helmet off to expose his neck, then jab as quickly as you can. However, the guy flips you off before your claws can connect!
(4) vs [2] The human shouts some weird expletive you've never heard, then runs up to you and kicks you in the chest. Being lightweight, you suffer no major harm but are thrown across the room, setting some distance between you and your target (+1 defense for the first defender).
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2014, 08:54:28 pm »

Nerin and Valrak wander off, looking for something interesting.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2014, 09:08:57 pm »

"Civil unrest, eh? Might be worth a look. On the other hand, it might be more prudent to use this opportunity to leave for another part of the station. Would do your routines say on the matter, assistant?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2014, 09:15:20 pm »

Could probably take the three of them if that one wasn't suited up.  They won't be in there forever.

Find a place I can watch that door (or failing that, the hallway) for them to return, where it won't be obvious I'm watching them.  Was the door locked?  Is there anyone else in there?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2014, 09:42:09 am »

McMarlo made a point of removing his spaceshades and polishing them with a handycloth, as he sits next to the human couple.

"Sqawrk! Tough day, eh?

It's a riot out there, and I mean that literally-people are all up in arms over something or the other, screaming and shouting-one of those crazy pan-gamers near took my beak off with a lasersaber. I swear, things are falling apart-I've also heard there is some sort of spider robot going around, kidnapping children. What's security got to do about that? Makes me wonder why I invested so much money...well, all good things come to end, and all that. A man-or a bird-has to know when to fold and walk away...

Anyway, my name is McMarlo. Pleased to meet you!"

Action: Subtle market manipulation and genteel pleasantries
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:44:31 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2014, 10:29:31 pm »

"My subroutines say that it would be prudent to proceed to another part of the station." Please, just no more children.

Follow Altos to whichever location he goes.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2014, 10:33:24 pm »

"Very well, come along now." Atlos heads down the nearest hallway.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Roll 7
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2014, 11:18:44 pm »

Moravia Orbital Colony, Ulysses | 237d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Moravia Lobby Alpha, Floor 3
Heated Combat! (All initiative rolls default to a [1].)

Megacity Time: 6:09

"Sqawrk! Tough day, eh?

It's a riot out there, and I mean that literally-people are all up in arms over something or the other, screaming and shouting-one of those crazy pan-gamers near took my beak off with a lasersaber. I swear, things are falling apart-I've also heard there is some sort of spider robot going around, kidnapping children. What's security got to do about that? Makes me wonder why I invested so much money...well, all good things come to end, and all that. A man-or a bird-has to know when to fold and walk away...

Anyway, my name is McMarlo. Pleased to meet you!"

[1/6-1] "Honey, is that bird talking to us?"
"No I... I think it's choking! Somebody call animal control!"

She breaks out her cell-phone and starts dialing the local emergency code.

Nerin and Valrak wander off, looking for something interesting.

[5] There be lots of fancy electronics and tools around, both high-level corporate stuff and generic household appliances.
  • Volumetric projectors
  • Laser-based power conduits as a solution for powered long-range sensor probes, marketed by a pair of human college students.
  • What appears to be a holographic CRT television. It would take up half of a room, but it is able to display a 3d image. The area in front of it is stamped with WARNING labels.
  • The usual cell-phone vendors, along with some foreign ones. You spot a pair of pink, bat-like aliens marketing a phone that looks almost exactly like the Suda N-G8 popular among the humans on this station so far.
  • A salesman demonstrates a high-powered industrial vacuum cleaner, capable of sucking up not only objects but also filtering out harmful gases from the atmosphere.
  • A line of solar powered, automatic lawnmowers. Needless to say, nobody seems interested.
  • A line of quadcopters designed to interface with local wifi in order to coordinate their paths and deliver supplies. The station is currently subsidizing sales of the product in order to save on infrastructure costs.
  • A party tool that temporarily coats objects with glowing, radiative, yet harmless ions. Best paired with electronic music.
  • A high-performance atmosphere control unit that uses a hypervelocity centrifuge to separate gases and impurities from the air.

Find a place I can watch that door (or failing that, the hallway) for them to return, where it won't be obvious I'm watching them.  Was the door locked?  Is there anyone else in there?

[4] Fortunately for you, the door is still open, and the hall is rather empty so nobody will notice you walking in for now.

[4] As for a place to loiter, you notice a line forming outside the mayor's office. Additionally, another hot dog stands pops up further down the hallway, although you won't have vision of the door from there.

The hallway is lined with tables and draw-screens (mostly used for gaming). It is a very busy, social place, so if anything you could just stand next to someone having a conversation while facing away from them and you'd mostly blend in.

"Very well, come along now." Atlos heads down the nearest hallway.
"My subroutines say that it would be prudent to proceed to another part of the station." Please, just no more children.

Follow Altos to whichever location he goes.

You go to the southwest entrance, which is a mall-like collection of restaurants and shops, similar to the area your party walked through before the lobby. This one is more expansive, however.

Some nearby stores include:
-An exotic pet shop. A woman walks out with a large, black snake-like creature coiled over her shoulders, holding a bag. She has an indifferent expression, and walks right by you without a glance.
-An internet cafe and gaming club. Naturally, there is twin-file line emerging from the double-doors.
-A toy store. It seems to be closed, however, and there is a security officer just outside of the door. Looking through the windows you see a pair of workers cleaning up a spill of toy construction bricks, as well as a parent clutching his back.
-A restaurant centered around selling exotic foods from beyond the system. Its prices are pretty huge, however, so it gets little attention.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - Roll 7
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2014, 11:29:39 pm »

Nerin and Valrak search for the residential/habitation module.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2014, 11:32:56 pm »

Atlos looks around for somewhere to access the station's information network, rubbernecking the toystore incident on the way.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2014, 08:51:37 am »

Find a place to stand where it looks like I'm watching a gaming screen, but can watch the door instead.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2014, 09:28:09 am »

McMarlo was nothing if not adaptable.

"Craawk! Craaawk! It must be the venusian death worm I picked up...hack, hack, craaawk!

It's infectious! Everyone run!
"
He squawked, going into convulsed death rehearsal like he had practiced in the acting colleges of Shakespeare VI.

Action: Time to tie up the local emergency services!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2014, 05:28:35 pm »

...How did that person get hurt in a toy shop of all places?

Discretely observe the interior of the toy shop for possible causes of the accident.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31