Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MotS - More of the Same, the DF "expansion pack"!  (Read 3212 times)

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MotS - More of the Same, the DF "expansion pack"!
« on: November 21, 2014, 06:07:53 pm »

MotS adds a large variety of creatures, plants and clothes from the real world!

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10109

Creatures:
- Manatees
- Bald & Golden Eagles
- Flatfish & Pirahnas
- Pack Rats
- Scarlet Macaws
- Mountain Lions
- Zebras
- Giant & animal man variations of most creatures
- Different types of dog

Clothing:
- Balaclavas
- Underwear
- Trenchcoats

Trees
- Mango

Stones
- Orbcular granite - valuable!

As well as a variety of shapes and soon more!

CHANGELOG:
v.1.1
- Removed spider monkeys & koalas.
- Resized giant animals
- Removed graffiti
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 03:44:41 pm by Illogical_Blox »
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MotS - More of the Same, the DF "expansion pack"!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 09:39:48 am »

Ok, just discovered that several of my creatures are already included. I'll correct that today.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 03:40:20 pm »

Version v.1.1 has been released, fixing major errors!

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 03:50:51 pm »

This looks cool, but it's competing with the rapidly changing version number on Dwarf Fortress itself. Maybe it's just me, but I think you might get more interest when DF is more stable-ish.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 04:08:44 pm »

And less buggish; AFAIK there are several game-breaking bugs right now, including: dwarves refusing to fight and goblins refusing to siege.
._.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 08:56:35 am »

This looks cool, but it's competing with the rapidly changing version number on Dwarf Fortress itself. Maybe it's just me, but I think you might get more interest when DF is more stable-ish.
*Shrugs* Yeah, you are right, but I was getting annoyed with having it cluttering up my to-do list and decided to just go ahead and post.

And less buggish; AFAIK there are several game-breaking bugs right now, including: dwarves refusing to fight and goblins refusing to siege.
Yep - I experienced one of my first bugs a little while ago; I was working on Dungeon Fortress when my War Trolls refused to attack. I was terrified that it was a bug I had created, but it was probably the bug causing war beasts to not attack.  ::)

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 02:02:29 pm »

I quite like this. It doesn't have a whole lot in it but what's there is solid and nice.

I would focus on things that are likely to be forward-compatible, like new underground creatures or maybe plants or trees? Stuff that fits DF in a general sense.

Underground mushrooms that don't have branches but are basically stalagmites that you can chop down and make into very heavy very sharp wooden things. Fire-safe! burns in magma! exciting! Underground pickable fruits!

Maybe giant spiders for savage biomes. Do we have those already? I'm not sure.