Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: [Released] Dwarf Fortress Remote for iOS  (Read 125321 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: [Released] Dwarf Fortress Remote for iOS
« Reply #240 on: March 12, 2016, 02:02:34 pm »

Nice.

What are you doing for the rendering?
Is it real-time?

It looks pretty good so far.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #241 on: March 12, 2016, 05:33:45 pm »

No, I don't need real-time for any of my ideas (in the mobile app, WebGL map viewer, exporting the whole world in 3D). It's exporting map in an intermediate format, basically, what exact objects to place in a tile. So that client app can then quickly create a mesh dynamically, just placing models without additional logic. Then SSAO and edge shaders for rendering. I like the style, and I'm able to create models in a voxel editor only anyway)

Btw, what are you going to do with diagonal passages?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 12, 2016, 11:09:38 pm »

I'm not doing anything, actually. They just appear closed.

And yeah, if you just do a static map, especially one that isn't expected to show single z levels, then it's easier to make it fast.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #243 on: March 13, 2016, 02:06:23 am »

especially one that isn't expected to show single z levels

What do you mean?
My mesh contains all separate levels, which is waste of resources, but I didn't optimise that. But sure real-time makes it more complicated.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 12, 2016, 04:20:59 am »

just fyi install under ubuntu 15:10 fails because it's misisng all the i386 packages by default. 14.04 works just fine so I reverted back to that.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #245 on: April 12, 2016, 04:42:28 am »

just fyi install under ubuntu 15:10 fails because it's misisng all the i386 packages by default. 14.04 works just fine so I reverted back to that.

Hmm.. You're talking about manual installation, not Docker? As I understand, i386 libraries should not be available by default on any x64 system, so you need to install them manually as outlined here http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Installation#Debian-based

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 12, 2016, 05:06:54 am »

docker based, install, on 14:04 works wonders, on 15:10 it enters a reboot cycle and docker logs show only "setarch: i386: Unrecognized architecture" - I installed all the 386 support as in the linux install guide to no avail, so just reverted because works just well on previous ubuntu.

Full disclosure: I've no idea of what I'm doing.

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 18, 2016, 12:12:07 pm »

I can reproduce dfhack not wanting to start on docker with that error message. I'll try to fix it.

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 18, 2016, 03:52:09 pm »

docker based, install, on 14:04 works wonders, on 15:10 it enters a reboot cycle and docker logs show only "setarch: i386: Unrecognized architecture" - I installed all the 386 support as in the linux install guide to no avail, so just reverted because works just well on previous ubuntu.

Full disclosure: I've no idea of what I'm doing.

Ok, what's happening is that docker is denying access to certain system calls including personality(2). Add --security-opt=seccomp=unconfined to your docker run command to disable the system call whitelist.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #249 on: April 18, 2016, 05:20:37 pm »

Can you describe your configuration and what you're doing? I just tried to create a new DO droplet with Ubuntu 15.10, then just two commands to install docker and to start server, everything worked fine.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 22, 2016, 04:54:13 am »

is it much work to get the remote plugin working under the dfhack beta? tried to build it but cross compiling from scratch is just a mess  :-[

also the dockerfile doesn't really delete all dfhack plugins there's a forward slash missing from "rm -rf df_linux/hack/plugins/*"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 04:56:49 am by LoSboccacc »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #251 on: April 23, 2016, 05:32:39 am »

is it much work to get the remote plugin working under the dfhack beta? tried to build it but cross compiling from scratch is just a mess  :-[

also the dockerfile doesn't really delete all dfhack plugins there's a forward slash missing from "rm -rf df_linux/hack/plugins/*"

I'm now finishing work on multilevel rendering and other UI tweaks, and right after that I'll start on 0.42 support.

Thanks. Apparently, the working folder at that time is / anyway, so it does delete plugins.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #252 on: May 17, 2016, 05:16:29 am »

New release!

Multilevel Rendering
This feature is well known to users of TWBT plugin on desktop, and now it’s available on mobile. It allows to see not just the current z-level, but also everything below. Only the top X levels are refreshed though, where X is configurable and is set to 3 levels by default. You can tweak fog and shadow parameters if required (darker tilesets may require more dense fog and shadows to distinguish between z-levels easily).

Fast building placement mode
When you need to place a lot of buildings like beds, doors or coffins, where you do not care which items will be used, you can do it much faster now. Just long press the green OK button when placing a building, and the closest item(s) will be automatically selected, without showing the item selection screen.

Fast linking mode
The same when linking buildings to a lever or trap - long press OK button, and the first two mechanisms will be automatically selected to be used for the link.

And more
* New clean style for the top status bar and for announcements at the bottom of the screen. Two announcements are now shown at a time, allowing to see more of them in time in a busy fortress.
* Selection size is now shown when designating, creating zones and stockpiles
* Long press z-level up/down buttons to show list of Points - this allows to quickly zoom to various parts of the fortress
* When adding jobs in a workshop, swipe to add a job and set it repeat
* When viewing a cage, swipe a contained animals to release them without loading the full Assign Animals screen
* On the announcements and reports screens, “today”, “yesterday” and “X days ago” are now shown alongside the dates
* Clutter status and number of contained items are now shown when viewing a workshop
* Swipe a server in the server list to clear caches and connect - useful if you experience map corruption issues
* Changelog is shown in the bottom of the server list screen to keep you informed about fixes and additions being made to the server plugin and in-app help
* Zone information view can now be opened by pressing OK button when a zone is selected. Also, zone status is shown in the information bar.
* Fixed orientation of horizontal axle and water wheel shown incorrectly when placing these buildings
* Fixed an issue with loading noble view after leaving a position vacant
* Close button is removed from trading screens to prevent accidental closing and losing status of all the items marked for trade
* Support for iOS 8.0 - iOS 8.2

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 16, 2016, 09:49:44 am »

So can i emulate these controls on PC?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

SatelliteOfLove

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 05, 2016, 11:39:18 am »

Amazing work, mifki.  I'm now proudly able to run DF anywhere I like!  The interface is very nice.  Have you considered incorporating any sort of sound support, similar to soundsense, as a "stretch goal"?  Or is that not something you want to expand the DF Remote project to include?  I would completely understand if you have your hands full without adding complexity ;)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22