Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to use hackwish?  (Read 2750 times)

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to use hackwish?
« on: November 23, 2014, 04:18:26 pm »

Excuse my little curiosity about this tool, but I tried today on a new fortress to see if those "Ion Cannons" are working or implemented (never saw them being used anywhere, not even gnomes get those). So I spawned them in via hackwish (out of adamantine together with that what I assume is its ammunition, powercells) Couldnt select them for my military. Thought it might be just because they arent really in, so lets see with platemail and breastplates just to be sure...

Cant use those either... heck I cant even use a piece of wood I spawed in... anything I am doing wrong? I just want to test some of the items I found in the raws... I mean... Ion Cannons, laser pistols etc got tilesets when they are on the ground... but I cannot select them for my military... nor can I do with the regular breastplates, crossbows, javalin launchers etc... Anything I have overseen when trying to get them in? Items got a description and all (Crafted by Unknown Artisian, quality etc)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:22:04 pm by ___MeRliN___ »
Signature coming *soon* TM

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: How to use hackwish?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 07:26:32 pm »

What's hackwish?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 07:33:25 pm »

Ion Cannon doesn't have any ranged attack defined, so if it does anything, it's not with the normal "firing ammo" type behavior.  In 10 seconds of searching i didn't find any way that it does anything special by magic but that doesn't entirely rule it out :)

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_ION_GNOME]
[NAME:ion cannon:ion cannons]
[SIZE:150]
[SKILL:HAMMER]
[TWO_HANDED:15000]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:5000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:2]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:10000:4000:club:clubs:stock:1250]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:10000:3000:poke:pokes:end:1250]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:10000:5000:bludgeon:bludgeons:stock:1300]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:10000:2000:slap:slaps:shaft:1250]

power cells aren't ammo, anyway, they're just a tool, used for a variety of crafting reactions for gnomes it looks like

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BATTERY_GNOME]
[NAME:power cell:power cells]
[VALUE:10]
[SIZE:180]
[TILE:159]
[METAL_MAT]
[UNIMPROVABLE]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 08:06:44 pm »

Hackwish is a script of mine, but I don't know what version Masterwork is using, so I can't really help you. If it's due to Masterwork using an old version, then I won't help you simply because my entire help would be "get a later version", which shouldn't have whatever problems you may be having (They're certainly not something I'm familiar with).

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 05:13:22 am »

If you're talking about the 'createitem' command, then it's almost impossible to get it to work for weapons and most of the custom items in Masterwork. The 'item tags' for most weapons are too weird and it won't recognise some of the materials (volcanic for example, though it does accept bifrost).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 01:26:52 pm »

No, he's talking about hackwish, which very much does work for all of the custom weapons, items and materials in Masterwork. I cannot even imagine why it wouldn't.

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 02:49:19 pm »

Ion Cannon doesn't have any ranged attack defined, so if it does anything, it's not with the normal "firing ammo" type behavior.  In 10 seconds of searching i didn't find any way that it does anything special by magic but that doesn't entirely rule it out :)

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_ION_GNOME]
[NAME:ion cannon:ion cannons]
[SIZE:150]
[TWO_HANDED:15000]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:5000]

power cells aren't ammo, anyway, they're just a tool, used for a variety of crafting reactions for gnomes it looks like

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BATTERY_GNOME]
[NAME:power cell:power cells]
[VALUE:10]
[SIZE:180]
[TILE:159]
[METAL_MAT]
[UNIMPROVABLE]

I really need to get into being able to read the raws, worths saving my time and the time of you guys, will do this weekend ^^ Thanks for clearing that up.
Eventually when I feel like it (probably arround christmas) I try to get into easy modifications so those Ion Cannons actually fire something... not sure how to do that though

Hackwish is a script of mine, but I don't know what version Masterwork is using, so I can't really help you. If it's due to Masterwork using an old version, then I won't help you simply because my entire help would be "get a later version", which shouldn't have whatever problems you may be having (They're certainly not something I'm familiar with).

That might be actually the issue, gonna look into that this weekend when I got more time... busy atm IRL

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 03:38:45 pm »

Eventually when I feel like it (probably arround christmas) I try to get into easy modifications so those Ion Cannons actually fire something... not sure how to do that though

In my orcfort developer beta I have added looted gnome tech, and indeed the route I went with it was to enable a retrofitted musket to fire "magic missles" (i.e. the same ammo type that mages fire from their staves) and to craft magic missiles from steel and diodes.

i marked the relevant lines.  you can learn how they work specifically by reading wiki, everything documented there

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MUSKET_BLASTER]
[NAME:blaster musket:blaster muskets]
// a gun-skill weapon that fires energy bolts (magic missles)
[SIZE:450]
[RANGED:BLOWGUN:SPELLDRUID] ## adds ranged attack with specified skill and ammo type
[SHOOT_FORCE:4000]  ## stats for ranged attack
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:4000]  ## stats for ranged attack
[TWO_HANDED:77500]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:15000]

Another option would be to use Putnam's itemsyndrome to give the gun a magical attack, but (a) that is too complicated to explain concisely in a single post, you may have to dive in to the DFHack documentation or the raws for existing items to see how it works (b) you would more or less be re-creating functionality of the "ion caster", which i assume is the item that ultimately replaced the "ion cannon" in the current design for Gnomes

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 02:02:27 pm »

In my orcfort developer beta I have added looted gnome tech, and indeed the route I went with it was to enable a retrofitted musket to fire "magic missles" (i.e. the same ammo type that mages fire from their staves) and to craft magic missiles from steel and diodes.

i marked the relevant lines.  you can learn how they work specifically by reading wiki, everything documented there

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MUSKET_BLASTER]
[NAME:blaster musket:blaster muskets]
// a gun-skill weapon that fires energy bolts (magic missles)
[SIZE:450]
[RANGED:BLOWGUN:SPELLDRUID] ## adds ranged attack with specified skill and ammo type
[SHOOT_FORCE:4000]  ## stats for ranged attack
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:4000]  ## stats for ranged attack
[TWO_HANDED:77500]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:15000]

Another option would be to use Putnam's itemsyndrome to give the gun a magical attack, but (a) that is too complicated to explain concisely in a single post, you may have to dive in to the DFHack documentation or the raws for existing items to see how it works (b) you would more or less be re-creating functionality of the "ion caster", which i assume is the item that ultimately replaced the "ion cannon" in the current design for Gnomes

This looks pretty decent to start with thanks alot.

Yeah I found the other day something called "IonCaster" which is used as a shield so pretty much same suspcion that this secondary weapon ("shield") replaced their Ioncannon.

Though I'll definitly going to learn that when I got a little bit more freetime, this might be interesting to spice up my own game

Justinian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 09:50:55 am »

I play around with DFHack a little, but I looked up scripts last night and I have to say that hackwish is pretty sweet! Makes it a ton easier to spawn things. Now I'm going to try ion cannons.