Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: No ADOM topic? ADOM topic now!  (Read 16077 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: No ADOM topic? ADOM topic now!
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2014, 09:34:18 am »

Welp. Kicked the game up, and ran a ratling duelist. Managed to hit level 12 before YASDing. Tried to zap a karmic lizard from far with a wand... of ball lightning. Hello 50 billion messages and -25 hp.

Anyone know if character files dump on death?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2014, 09:49:36 am »

All until you hit a greater undead vault and your troll gets aged to death.
I actually got paralyzed by a lone carrion crawler and cherry tapped to death. Took ages for the thing to kill me.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2014, 05:48:36 pm »

I just got super lucky in the Unremarkable Dungeon and managed to pull a wish from a pool. Setting up a wish generator now.  8)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2014, 07:13:12 pm »

Having teleport control as an intrinsic is really great when you have the teleport spell
Combined with the magic map spell to locate where the stairs are in the pyramid, it allows to avoid those numerous traps :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2014, 04:24:33 pm »

The best way for dealing with cats is polymorph wands.  If you have the music skill, you can tame them and then let something else do your dirty work. This is why I love the drakeling race so much.  It's a racial skill for them. ToEF isn't too bad for them.  Sure you take some minor constant damage, but that speed boost makes it a breeze to kite around the boss.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2014, 05:01:37 pm »

I tried to play this and I quit after losing 2 characters to crashes.  One time was when I ate a corpse and the game just crashed to desktop.
The next one was when I kicked a squirrel statue, and the game crashed to desktop. 

It'd be nice if it at least autosaved when going into a dungeon or something.  There's just way too much crap you have to do before starting for me to start another character I'm probably just going to lose to a crash...

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2014, 05:40:26 pm »

If you have the Calm Monster spell (my wizard had found a lot of spellbooks about it) it can be very helpful with the cats category.

Has the difficulty been increased? I don't remember the Pyramid boss as a challenge at all, particularly if you got the wand from Thrundarr beforehand.
the challenge isn't really the boss of the pyramid (it dies extremely fast with fire spells :) ) but the many monsters that are randomly generated there can put you in a difficult situation depending on what you have at the time you get there and what exactly is generated.

I had a baby karmic dragon in the bunch of monsters waiting on the top, the fun stuff about baby karmic dragon is that they resist elemental attacks, and as i had just run out of magic missiles, all my other offensive spells were based on elements.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:42:13 pm by Robsoie »

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2014, 06:34:09 am »

Also note the Ventriloquism skill is quite useful to avoid cats. Drag the cat into an empty room, use the skill to confuse it, then walk out and close the door. A success on the skill usually gives you two or three rounds while the opponent doesn't follow you, enough to book it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2014, 08:47:30 am »

The best way for dealing with cats is polymorph wands.  If you have the music skill, you can tame them and then let something else do your dirty work. This is why I love the drakeling race so much.  It's a racial skill for them. ToEF isn't too bad for them.  Sure you take some minor constant damage, but that speed boost makes it a breeze to kite around the boss.

Just wait until you hit D:49.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2014, 10:10:46 am »

It's been a while since I got particularly far, anyone got any good advice? I used to be able to make it to the forest place semi regularly.

Also, what do you guys think about the new races? I've found myself enjoying the ratlings, meanwhile the mist elves look interesting... but incredibly flimsy.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2014, 02:04:21 pm »

I like the ratlings. Their item skills are nifty. Got decently far with a ratling assassin, ratling ranger worked well too.

I want to try a mist elf necromancer, buuuuut necros in general seem hard to get off the ground.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2014, 05:45:04 pm »

I'm trying a dwarf weaponsmith. Where could I find a forge? I just rescued the carpenter and have a bunch of equipment to melt down.

Edit: Just noticed I double posted. Sorry about that. Also, my dwarf weaponsmith died. Don't need to find a forge now.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 06:30:29 pm by Spehss _ »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2014, 06:45:45 pm »

In case you get another weaponsmith run :
http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Smithing

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2014, 10:06:54 pm »

I loved this game!  (my forum name is probably a hint, lol)  I gave up on checking for updates after ummm....5 years or so.  Definitely going to give this a try.  Or two.  Or three...
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2014, 05:23:58 am »

FYI, there's a guaranteed forge in Dwarftown.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9