Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: old AOS main  (Read 17624 times)

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
old AOS main
« on: November 24, 2014, 08:02:25 am »

OOC Thread

Age of Strife RTD

Welcome to the Age of Strife RTD, any playing will be done here. Anything else than playing will be held in the discussion thread, that includes things like lore, questions or comments.

Turn Index

Chapter 1: Prologue
        Katrianne Ellen
        Leo Westerland and Ronald Bones
        Ahrian and Raphael Markus
Chapter 2: New beginnings
        Turn 1: Bandits Amock
        Turn 2: The hills have eyes
        Turn 3: Into the cave we go!

Prologue

A hooded figure walks trough the desert. Oceans of sands covering everything as far as the eye can see, with the blazing sun in the back scorching the sands he walks. He encounters some rubble, rubble that is not from this world.
"Kha ra za Mo Tha'ak" he mutters.

The rubble starts moving and rearranges itself into 2 small arches. The rubble around it indicates that the arches were a lot bigger than it is now.
He takes a rusty dagger and slits his hand, letting the blood flow over the rubble.
"Ka Zat Hum Mo Rey Dei Mo" he mutters once again.

A tear appears in the fabric of space inside the arches, it rips open until a perfect spherical portal is created. A heat even worse than that of the sun emanates from the portal. There's also a slow creep of redness slowly corrupting the sands around the portal.
"Come forth, for it is time...."

A tall large red demon appears from portal, he takes a deep breathe and looks around him.
"You have done well, servant. Now go, make notice of our coming."

"Yes, great one Ayer.", said the servant before turning around and walking trough the desert again.

2 more demons appear from the portal, this time they are hell hounds.
"Go forth minions, destroy and kill whatever you can find."

The hell hounds run off into the distance.
"You may have had the help of a demi-god, humans. But who will save you now?"

Uncertain of their time of arrival, the humans eventually found out that another gate had opened. The humans feared for this moment, but they knew that it was unavoidable. Thus they prepared for the second great demon war. You, the new adventurers, come in play 6 years after the opening of the second gate.

-

Blazing Glory (Katrianne Ellen)
-

DarkArtemisFowl (Raphael Markaus)
-

Lenglon (Ahrian)
-

Salsacookies (Ronald Bones)
-

Quote from:  Leo Westerland (Dwarmin)
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: class (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  Katrianne Ellen (Blazing Glory)
Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  Raphael Markaus (DarkArtemisFowl)

Quote from:  Ahrian (Lenglon)

Quote from:  Ronald Bones (Salsacookies)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 08:22:39 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: [Age of Strife]{Accepting 4 players! SIGN UPS IN DISCUSSION THREAD!}
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 09:09:48 am »

Rserved
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:03:06 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: [Age of Strife]PROLOGUES!!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 09:00:11 am »

Chapter 1: New Arrivals

Important note: Please pick a color for your character, I will write whatever your PC is saying in that color to make things clear.

Prologue: Katrianne Ellen
(I've assigned a temporary color, may be changed upon request.

The lake glistens with the morning sun rising from behind the mountains. The light reveals the misty lake, steadily it becomes warmer while the nearby creatures start doing their daily activities. Katrianne walks on the stone road at the edge of the forest which borders the shores of Lake Gloria of Tavnonnis. She has been travelling for the past few weeks to create distance from Garion which has all forgotten about Katrianne, though his servants haven't. She also heard that there was work a plenty in Brufia, because of that she's heading to Brufia.

The roads are awfully quiet even by normal standards, Katrianne met only a handful of travelers but she rarely spoke to them since they headed the other way.
Suddenly Katrianne hears horse hooves in the distance behind her and then some screeching noise of wooden wheels. A horse cart... it seems.
"Maybe I can get a lift, would really save me some time."

Katrianne waits for a while until the cart emerges from behind the trees.
The cart is driven by an older male wearing peasant clothes and a scraggy hat, he sees you.
Before you can even ask, he beats you to it.
"Hey there knight, looking for a ride?"

"Yes"
"Alright then, hop on. "

You get on the cart and he moves on.
"Are you going to the nearby village or the town after?"
"I'm not sure, I'm not from around here. I heard there was lots of work in Brufia, so I decided to head there. Why did you pick me up?"
"Why you ask? You didn't strike me as a bandit or something else, your armor, weapon and scars give away that you are not a lowlife like some are. There's also a certain calmness around you, but I suppose that's me still being sleepy.
And you come for work you say? That's certainly true! The recent demonic incursions gave unrest to the public, unlike the Marans we are not so battle hardened. On that note, my village has a couple of problems. I believe you might be of help."

He quickly adds.
"Of course we will pay you handsomely for your services."

"Well that went easy" Katrianne thinks. You take a look at what he's transporting and see barrels.
"Wine?"

"haha, no. Unfortunately not. Fish. I'm a fisherman, I bring fresh fish to the citadel of Tavnonnis to aid the defense against the demons. I maybe cannot fight, but I certainly can help the men who can. But we're heading towards my hometown. I've recently delivered the fish to the Citadel. These are just empty barrels. "

"You mentioned work, do you happen to know what exactly?"
"I'm not entirely sure, I spend most of my time in the lake. However I overheard that the Mountain cows of our local breeder vanish over night, but I haven't spoken to him in a while. We also found some large animal footprints north of our village, we think that some beast wandered of the Terjan Wilds and crossed the river. But you will have to ask him."
"Aha, I'll see what I can do. What is his name?"
"Baro. He's very known in our village so everybody knows where he lives."

"What is your name? pardon me for asking this so late. I'm Katrianne"
"It's not a problem, i'm Lior of Valen."
"Lior, do you know any other rumor from around here?"

He thinks for a few minutes.
"eh.... ah yes. Now I remember. Some demon hunters were searching for more people to go on their hunting party to clear a cave of demon presence. But that's in the town after my village."
"I see, thanks Lior."

And so Katrianne talks a bit with Lior and watches the surroundings as she makes way to the village.

You'll be in the village in your first turn of gameplay.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:04:53 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: [Age of Strife][Turn 0.1: Katrianne Prologue]
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 09:05:46 am »

Reserved
Durrr..

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: [Age of Strife][Chapter 1][Prologue: Katrianne Prologue]
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 06:19:49 pm »

Continued from OOC thread.

Spoiler: Ahrian and Raphael (click to show/hide)
((@Lenglon: I'm interpreting it from his perspective, yes. I know what kitsunes are, and how they look.))

The man raises an eyebrow and a small smirk develops from the right corner of his mouth. "Raphael Markaus, resident specter of the town," he begins with a warm tone. "I have certain interesting... 'qualities' that, you could say, delve within the field of magic and paranormal contact." As he talks, he continually observes the street, keeping a lookout for anyone in the shadows or windows of houses or shops.
"Well, what may I do for you, miss... uh.." His voice falters as he fails to recall whether or not you introduced yourself earlier.

blazing glory

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 07:21:46 pm »

((I'm Orange.))

Find the breeder upon arriving.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 07:55:25 pm »

((Ahrian's color is, as already shown, mediumorchid. it's a slightly lighter shade of purple than the default one that shows up well on both darkling and forum default screens, unlike the default purple which is hard to see on darkling.))

"Ahrian. I..."
she pauses, glancing about and making sure no one else is listening to the conversation before speaking again.
"I'm a variant kind of Familiar, drawn from another world instead of from the dead, and my master died a short while ago. I need to find someone to make a mana link with me to sustain me here, before what mana he left me with runs out. I have some of his notes, and one of the things in them was how to do it, but whoever I bond with is going to have a massive amount of power over me. I... I think I could be of great use to you, if you want. I mean, my master had to work really hard to summon me, I think. But I need to know if I can trust you first. Could... Could we find someplace to eat and talk this out?"

((note: if you agree, Ahrian will follow you to wherever you lead, pulling her hood down (revealing her ears) upon going inside and once sitting down ask you again "could you please tell me about yourself?" - feel free to have me auto-do those actions in your response if that's the case, speeding up the story as a whole.))

Edit: Mr. Zero, character sheets are missing from the OP
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:10:29 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 12:40:49 am »

Raphael was taken aback by these new pieces of information that were coming his way. First the fox tails, then she comes from another world, and her master is dead? Now she wants someone to create a mana link with? He had experience with apparitions and ghosts of all kinds, but never this sort of magic before. Still, he was no less interested despite the fact.
"Mana link," he echoes. Once she mentioned "power," he felt like he tasted iron in his mouth. It was a sour word for him, and he wasn't comfortable with it. Still, this was a chance to help someone in need.

And, besides, he might enjoy having someone to talk to who isn't creeper out by his appearance or demeanor.

"But I need to know if I can trust you first. Could... Could we find someplace to eat and talk this out?"

Raphael snaps out of his muse and looks around once again. He seems to tighten up a bit, a bit on-edge now. "Uh, sure. I have a small, boxed-off room in an abandoned building that I'd like to call my home, but I don't spend enough time there to really call it that. Still, it's quiet enough to serve the purpose." He hops off of the crates and motions for Ahrian to follow him.
The two acquaintances move through empty corridors and deserted walkways within the lower parts of the town. It's an odd pathway, but Ahrian seems to trust Raphael for this short journey. After a minute or two of more walking, Raphael stops at a two-story, degrading wooden building. It looks like it hasn't been lived in for at least four years. Raphael looks over to Ahrian and says, "Yeah, I know it doesn't look like much, but that's why I like it. It's been boarded up from the bottom floors for a long while, so we're going to have to take an unorthodox entrance." He steps a few meters away from you and climbs on top of a wooden bench, testing it to make sure that it is stable enough for his purpose. He then backs up to the edge of the bench and uses it to run and jump, catching the edge of the second-story windowsill and using it to haul himself inside. He leans out of the window a few moments later and calls out to Ahrian: "I should be able to pull you up from here." Ahrian nods and grabs his hands, noting that his hands are rather rough - possibly a product of too much time spent on the streets. He hauls her up without trouble and she lands inside, observing the humble abode.

It goes without saying that the room, only slightly larger than a caravan wagon, shows its age without shame. The only door to the room is boarded up with decaying pieces of wood, and the entire place is dusty. The only furniture that exists is a single, wooden table that holds several bags of various items inside. Besides a pile of folded cloth in one of the corners, the room is otherwise empty. There is a window that is only somewhat barricaded to the left side, allowing Ahrian and Raphael to observe the quiet avenues below. Rays of light squeeze their way in between the wood and the small windows, with no other light source to warm up the area. Ahrian, after making sure the place is safe, pulls her hood down and sits down near the window overlooking the avenue, looking outside every once in a while. "Um, could you please tell me about yourself?"

Raphael pauses before he moves to the table, finding it odd that someone would ask about him. He shrugs and turns to the table, preparing a quick midday meal for the two of them to enjoy as they talk. "Well, I honestly don't know much about my own life, to be honest. My childhood was a blur, something that I can't quite remember correctly. What I do know is that I was orphaned early on in life and lived on the streets for a decent amount of time. I was eventually fostered by a somewhat wealthy couple and tutored, where I learned how to read, write, and do some basic math at an elementary level. I guess they hoped that I would be able to inherit their business when they grew old. Unfortunately, I think that something about me freaked them out. Maybe it was the apparitions that I would see, or the aura that I might've projected. Either way, they left the town quietly and abandoned me, just like my original parents. I was still very interested in reading though, and I picked up books wherever I could and just read. I'm still not the most educated, but I like to think that I made it pretty far on my own.

"At any rate, no one would take me in because of my weird appearance and nature. Eventually, I just grew too old to be taken in and gave up on it, learning to be sort of... nomadic, I guess? For a short amount of time, I trained under a rogue and learned a thing or two about swords. I couldn't stay with that man for long though, because he started moving into grey territory with his schemes. I didn't want to be a part of that. I don't have my own sword yet, unfortunately, but it'd be pretty cool if I could attain one soon..
Eh, whatever. My life's not too interesting, I would like to think. At least, compared to your situation."

Raphael turns to Ahrian and walks over, handing her a lettuce sandwich with tomatoes and cheese, a similar one within Raphael's hands. he also retrieves a cup of water from a jug on the table and also hands it to her. "I know it's not much, but it's what I have left over from this morning." He lets Ahrian take a few tentative bites and begin eating in silence before continuing the conversation. He swallows a bit of his sandwich and says, "What about you, how did you turn up here?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 01:43:43 am »

Ahrian is completely unperturbed by the run-down state of Raphael's home, and upon entry looks around in a fashion more fascinated than worried. As Raphael tells his story, Ahrian listens attentively, but her eyes watch his hands as he moves. when he mentions his "weird appearance" she chuckles a little, but it fades into a faint smile... up until he mentions her situation, at which point her smile almost instantly fades away.
"I... I wasn't always like this. My parents were doctors, and we went between a bunch of small villages. But when they failed this one time, the townspeople... they... they..."
Ahrian balls her hands up into fists and shuts her eyes, taking several deep breaths before continuing.
"I was rescued by my sister, and she took care of me ever since and taught me about magic and stuff, but we got split up. I was waiting for her when someone tried to summon me, and I let it happen because I was hoping it was her. Instead, I got brought here, and enslaved to this mean guy named Kaine."
She becomes slightly angry as she mentions Kaine, but keeps talking anyway.
"He got sick though, and a couple days ago the sickness killed him. So I collected my stuff and any of his notes I could find, especially ones about me, and ran before any of his friends could enslave me too. But just like he'd told me would happen, I've been feeling weaker since he was gone, and he said it would keep getting worse and worse until it killed me. Soooo. I'm looking for someone I can get mana from, at least until I can figure out how to get home."
She sets her (only nibbled on) sandwich down in front of her.
"Umm, what... what kind of work do you do?"
She watches him closely as she asks.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 02:02:04 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 04:17:59 pm »

In an old, shady tavern

The Witchhunter, my mentor, sits and smokes in a poorly lit area of the tavern. In all my two years, I've never seen his face, he's always been enveloped in smokes and shadows, and in daylight, he's always worn a blank white mask. We're here for a reason. He says today's a big day for me.

"Hello, Today's your big day. It's Test Day! Time to sink or swim!" He leaned in closer to snuff his cigar, and continued. "I've got a job set up for you! you are to meet up with a Mr. Leo. 6 years your master, and 8 years your youth, he'll make sure you don't fail too badly, or not, but that's your problem, not mine." He then stands up, and walks to the door. " You are to be at Havard-on-Travem, and Leo should be there to greet you. If he isn't there, find your own job.Oh, and I'll be watching, make it a good show!" He then left me in the tavern, and I went to Havard.

At Havard-on-Travem

"Hello, Leo. I see, you're a fellow desert-man." I stretched out my hand to meet his. " So, what's our job?"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 04:31:21 pm »

Raphael continues to eat away at his sandwich while listening to Ahrian speak. Throughout the ongoing conversation, Raphael continues to feel like he's missing something that he can't recall. There's some familiarity to her words that is messing with his head, but he can't figure out why. He feels especially bemused at the mention of Ahrian's sister. Once again, something that he can't quite pull out of the deepest recesses of his mind. He shakes his head slightly and tries to force the feelings out of his brain, as it will do no one any good if he continues to flood himself with doubt.

At Ahrian's question, he finishes off the rest of the sandwich and cleans off any crumbs that have fallen on his clothes. "Work, huh?" he repeats. Chuckling softly, he replies, "I don't really do any official work. Nothing in the ways of business, anyhow. If you're asking what I do in my free time, well... I guess my main thing would be protecting people. Orphans, beggars, runaways, people of that kind, y'know? Like you, I have a connection to another world, but not in your way. I think I might be connected to the dead or something. At any rate, I'm able to see and talk with ghosts, spirits, ghouls, and just about any other poor soul that still has bonds to this world. Sometimes they even help me out with some cool powers and stuff, though it costs me heavily to use their powers. It's unhealthy for me, but sometimes it is necessary to do what I must. Usually, I just use the power of the ghosts to scare away any potential muggers or thieves and to allow the innocent people to escape.

"I guess that's what I could say I do. I just.. don't want other people to end up like me: on the move, with no one to communicate with and no one to care about. I'd like to make some people smile once in a while. So I decided, why not help people who are in my place?"

He lets Ahrian mull over his response before putting his own question forward. "So, let's say you get back to your world, wherever it is. What're you gonna do there? Are you sure you can find your sister again?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 04:45:26 pm »

At Havard-on-Travem

"Hello, Leo. I see, you're a fellow desert-man." I stretched out my hand to meet his. " So, what's our job?"

Leo nodded, greatly confused.

"The usual, you know. We're going to see a breeder about some missing livestock. It might be some bandits, or a Warg, of maybe Demons. I think just one big Demon, probably...well, it's all about chasing leads, you know. Even if one in ten jobs is you know, real Demons, then you've got good odds. Well, the odds have gotten better for Demons lately. Now it's more like four-in-ten...

Well, anyway, let's go see that rancher."

On the way, Leo breaks the ice.

"So, how many Demons have you killed?" He asks casually.

Action: To the rancher

((Lightblue for me))
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:46:58 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 08:01:19 pm »

"I don't know if I can find her, but I'm sure she'll find me! I just have to do my part. I promised her I'd take care of myself while she was away. She wouldn't leave me, I just need to go somewhere I can be found easily."
Ahrian closes her eyes for several seconds, then opens them and turns to silently stare directly into Raph's eyes, standing up and leaning forward with the palms of her hands on top of the table as she stares at him unblinkingly.

O.O

O.O

O.O

O.O

O.O

O.O

-.-

-.-

^.^

and then pokes him hard in the chest with her right index finger.
"You pass!"

She then begins digging through her satchel, and pulls out a book with a bunch of papers placed in it at various pages, puts it on the table and starts flipping through until she finds what she's looking for. it appears to be a section on mana links, and sketched out on a piece of paper shoved into that section is a drawing of a magic circle. Ahrian then takes off her cloak and pulls up her left sleeve, revealing a matching ?tattoo? that is black with slightly irregular brown edges, almost like a brand, that rests on her left shoulder.

"Khaine put this mark on me, and I'm pretty sure it's how he set up a mana link with me. The drawing on this page is slightly different, but I found the one just like mine later on where it talks about the receiving end of the link. I'm pretty sure that the main thing to set it up is marking yourself with this somehow, probably with something that won't rub off super-easy? I don't know much about what it'd be like to be giving me mana or whatever though. I mean, when I lost my link and started running out of mana then I started feeling tired and stuff. I don't know if making a link like this would make you feel bad too."

((I had it confirmed by GM that anyone I link with will take penalties to actions when I'm nearby because of the drain of the link, and generally will feel unusually tired and/or tire quickly. It shouldn't kill you or do any permanent harm though. meta-knowlege, I know, but Lenglon would feel guilty about not telling you up-front when I knew it would happen. DO NOT feel guilty if you want too say no, or put limits, or whatever. bear in mind Ahrian's age, she isn't going to properly take into account your character's safety if you don't help her do so.))
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:03:10 pm by Lenglon »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 09:44:57 pm »

Follow Leo

"I really haven't dealt with many demons, just some imps to help me shoot at quick, small targets, so that the others were easier. The Mentor sent me through a crash course, showing me what the different ammos do and correcting my aim. I'm decent, but still not up to par with most others of my kind. I'm pretty sure you know I started late, this isn't really my calling, but he saw potential in me, so he taught me the ways of witchhunting."

"Also, I am not offended by you thinking I look odd, so don't think you'll hurt my feelings by anything you say. I've been through worse. Being a former graveyard keeper didn't help either."
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:47:25 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 09:27:57 am »

Leo shrugged. Well, he got this guy completely wrong.

"...Oh-kay...well, don't sweat it. I don't think the Demons care what color our skins are, anyway, and neither do I...anyway, it is also a surprise you're...new to this. I guess you weren't raised to be a soldier from the crib, like I was...well, let's leave that for another day.

As for Demons, don't worry. The nasty ones won't be caught out here without their minions-most like we'll see outriders and scouts, or the equivalent of Demonic deserters-Venatores, Bovem Contumacem, Infernum Cane's, Sanguinem Milvi...if we're really unlucky, a Tacet Filius!'"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7