Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: old AOS  (Read 11522 times)

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
old AOS
« on: November 24, 2014, 08:08:53 am »

This will be the discussion thread for the Age of Strife RTD. I'm currently looking for players so i can start this thing. Obviously some information will be given and the prologue. The rest of the information will be updated shortly after in this thread.

Age of Strife RTD Discussion thread

What kind of setting does the AOS rtd have?
The RTD will be mostly medieval-fantasy, though there are some thing like revolvers albeit limited. The world is in upheaval after another gate leading to the demon world opened, from that gate demons poured into the lands, causing a lot of destruction and sowing death wherever they are. Humanity had faced this threat once before, and the successfully repelled it at a great cost.

Sign-up sheet
Here's a link to the sign-up sheet.
SIGN-UP sheet

or the code for the lazy ones, though you most probably will still have to take a look at the documents.
Code: [Select]
[spoiler=Character creation sheet]

[b]Name:[/b] No explanation
[b]Age:[/b] Minimum of 20 years, younger under special circumstances after consultation.
[b]Skin color:[/b] Keep within realism, so things like African, Caucasian, Asian, whatever.
[b]Facial characteristics[/b]: Things like hair length, hair color (Strange hair colors allowed, E.G: white,red, blue,green), eye color ( Maybe 2 different eye colors), mustaches. Some facial characteristics are overwritten by class characteristics.
The more information you provide, the better i can write. You can use pictures as well, but please put them in spoilers.

[b]Bio:[/b] This part has to be fleshed out properly, describe your character as much as you can since it gives you a higher chance to enter the RTD. I value good bio’s

Note: Every character is a human.[/spoiler]

Ruleset

Spoiler: General Game mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells/moves mechanic (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 08:22:22 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: [Age of Strife]{OOC and Discussion thread}[Sign-ups here!]
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 08:12:09 am »

Lore

Faction Lore

Spoiler: Slayers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Church/Order (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Circle Wizards (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spirit Sages (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reapers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:06:58 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:13:47 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 09:12:20 am »

The map

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Map explained.

Brehonia
One of the 4 major kingdoms, once a part of the great empire of Brehonia alongside with Brufia and Bremia. Brehonia is full of open fields and forests with occasional hills. The great capital resides in Brehonia, build on the only real mountain range in Brehonia. Brehonia is considered a green zone and thus a minimal to no war-zone.

Brufia
One of the 4 major kingdoms, once a part of the great empire of Brehonia. Internal conflicts and disagreements led to the split of Brehonia. They are masters of horse combat and the knight order was created there. The terrain is flat, tundra-esque with lots of snow in the north, bordering Brehonia there are some forests and grasslands. Brufia is considered a green zone and thus a minimal to no war-zone.

Bremia
One of the 4 major kingdoms, once a part of the great empire of Brehonia. Internal conflicts and disagreements led to the split of Brehonia. They are highly skilled in the arcane arts and crafts because the Circle is located near the capital. Bremia is considered a green zone and thus a minimal to no war-zone.

Maran Kingdom
One of the 4 major kingdoms, an self-claimed kingdom by the men of the south. Many years of conflict between Old brehonia and the Maran, led to an uneasy truce which eventually became a friendly truce. Maran kingdom is famed for their tough as nails warriors and the ability to survive in the toughest of winters because of their origins. Maran Kingdom is considered an Yellow zone and thus a semi warzone.

Tavnonnis
A bufferzone between the warzones. The land is split by a great lake, perfect to withhold any demons from crossing over. Around the shores, marches are found further decreasing and quick attempts in crossing the lake. North of Tavnonnis are mountains which make it even more difficult to cross over. Tavnonnis is considered an Yellow zone around the human side and an orange warzone around the demon side.

Terjan Wilds
A neutral zone. Lands are owned by the spirit sages and the creatures that inhibit it. Lands are primarlily deepwoods, darkwoods, regular forests and magical forests with a lot of hidden caves spread around the mountains. Many creatures with a taste for human and demon live here, as such they are both fearful of going trough it and prefer to avoid it if possible. Terjan Wilds is considered an Yellow zone around the borders edging the demons and neutral elsewhere.

Tarkan Steppes
An extension of Brufia, though not officially claimed. The terrain is like that of Brufia but even more random with rivers and steep drops hindering the movement of whoever passes trough. Wildlife over there is also quite ferocious considering the demand for food is high and the potential targets being low. Most of the battles are fought around the rivers by the Brufian Impasse. Tarkan Steppes is considered an Yellow zone and thus a semi warzone.

Harathi & Harashi Deserts
A massive sea of sand spanning almost the entire left side of the continent, this now barren land once was the home of many animals and plants. The first and now second great demon war were fought there and these lands are considered demon lands. Anything there will attempt to kill you and if nothing kills you the blazing sun or the lack of water will.
The Deserts are considered red zones, meaning they are under demon control. Expect heavy resistance there, should you head there.

The Icefields
Frozen tundra's spanning the entire north and south of the continents. Barely anything lives here, however from the Southern wastes the people of the Maran kingdom did manage to somehow thrive despite the harsh climate. Battles are generally fought between man and beast for survival, demons rarely go there as they heavily dislike the cold.
The ice lands are considered neutral zones.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:33:33 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 12:15:13 pm »

Name: Leo Westerland, Sometimes mocked as "Goldenrod"
Stats:
Strength/9
Dexterity/9
Intelligence/4
Constitution/10
Perception/4
Charisma/7

Appearance: A young man with healthy tanned skin, dark green eyes, and slick golden hair worn shoulder length. He has a wide, friendly face and an aquiline nose-handsome in most ways, and prefers a small, neatly trimmed beard, of a darker gold than his hair. He is tall, but slender, willowy but tough. A small chunk of his left ear is notably missing. He often wears simple garb in the manner of a hedge knight-a spotless white tunic, tough wool-spun breeches, and a faded grey-red tabard on his chest, and he usually hooded in white as well. He often sports a battered heraldic round-shield in his left hand depicting a sort of insect with eight legs, two claws, and a stinger on it's tail, encircled in a triangle of daggers, on a field of grey-red. He wears a small black stone embedded in a medallion, on a simple bronze chain necklace about his neck at most times.

Biography: Hails from the fringe of the Harathi Desert, just south from the Tarkan Steppes. Leo is the youngest son of a noble family, a rider from birth, and a risk taker. He has spent most of his life in the murky depths of Harathi Noble life-where morality is cheap, and honor is a extravagance-blood and water are the only debts worth repaying. His youngest years were spent carousing, and wasting money-until he killed another young man in a duel at 16, in a fit of temper. He started moving on then, disgusted and tired of his life, and hasn't looked back since-he decided to honor the code of the Lancer, more or less...he was maybe fortunate, since his lands were engulfed in the Demon War merely two years later.

Leo has at times been a message runner, a sellspear, and a bandit, though for good reasons-as the youngest son of his family, he is unlikely to inherit anything, and the only thing that makes him more valuable from other fighters is the horse he rides, a tough desert stallion named "Stranger". Recently he has met a companion on the road, a woman named Araline Lenore, that he was quite taken with-she's a Lancer like him, or claims to be. Unfortunately she's also recently gone missing during a melee with some very odd sorts-Leo has been searching for any sign of her for about a month now, with no luck...in truth, when he heard of the demons, he shrugged and paid it no more mind at the time, citing his own concerns-even though it was his own homeland that was on the forefront of the war, from what he's heard there's little he could do, or imagines he could do-what he hears is mostly horror stories, and he wants no part of it. Leo is a man who very rarely considers the larger world, or any bigger target than the enemy planted in front of him, or the woman he hopes is waiting for him.

Class: Lancer
Perk: Alignment Pebble
Skills: Competent Noblesse Oblige (Acting Noble/Diplomacy), Competent Spear Wielding, Novice Animal Care
Gear: Chainmail, 1H Shortspear, Medium Shield, Demonica Ency., Horse Mount (Stallion named Stranger)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 03:36:07 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

blazing glory

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 05:00:07 pm »

No.

This is not a RtD.

Put it in FG&RP.

[EDIT FROM THE FUTURE]Ohhh I was a stupid asshole.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 09:46:57 pm by blazing glory »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 05:11:53 pm »

No.

This is not a RtD.

Put it in FG&RP.
open the general game mechanics spoiler before you embarrass yourself further.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 05:46:42 pm »

No.

This is not a RtD.

Put it in FG&RP.

How is it not an RTD? I mean, yeah, it's not a minimalist. (WHICH EVERYONE BLOODY HATES!!!) or doesn't follow the vanilla d6 rule, but I fail to see as why this is not an RTD.
Durrr..

blazing glory

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 06:43:48 pm »

I admit I may have spoke rashly but I'm still not convinced it is a RtD.

For starters it has both a to hit table, and a dodge table, as well as a critical hit table, RtD's tend to just merge all three.

They also don't use this.

Lightly Wounded
Moderately Wounded
Broken
Mangled
Lopped Off

Namely, tracking wounds to individual body parts.

But since what defines a RtD is somewhat vague, I suppose it can't be helped.

Now to add something constructive here.

(7) No critical hit.
(8) No critical hit.
(9) No critical hit.

You should fix that.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 09:07:20 pm »

@blazing: complexity of system doesn't make it not an RtD

in a PM conversation with Mr. Zero about a character application.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 09:40:14 am »

No.

This is not a RtD.

Put it in FG&RP.

What? Huh? Who cares? :P

^Said everyone who read that.

As long as there is rolling and dodging, I'm convinced!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

blazing glory

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 09:44:32 am »

No.

This is not a RtD.

Put it in FG&RP.

What? Huh? Who cares? :P

^Said everyone who read that.

Probably.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 09:55:39 am »

I'm surprised we only have 2 people applying. 4-slot game, 2 applications made, GM is picking sheets so later applicants might be picked over the first four.

the world and character system seem really interesting to me.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 09:57:27 am »

Alright, I'm going to make a character for this soon.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

blazing glory

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 09:58:21 am »

I'm surprised we only have 2 people applying. 4-slot game, 2 applications made, GM is picking sheets so later applicants might be picked over the first four.

the world and character system seem really interesting to me.

I'd apply but I'm terrible at making half decent sheets.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7