Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bay12 New Year Celebration Gift Exchanging Experience[Secret Santa]  (Read 1126 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

While the XMAS 2014 GIVEAWAY is a commendable initiative, and I must praise the organizational talents of the people involved, it is a rather impersonal initiative, in which our gracious donators create a big pile of gifts, and Lady Fortuna then divides these over the lucky Bay12'ers. This is something different. Rather than focusing on the gift itself, this will focus on the act of giving, and receiving a present. Everyone who participates will receive something, just as everyone will be needed to contribute something.

Rules :

1. Sign-up is simple. Post your forum name in bold.

2. Your gift can be anything. It might be a material good, but if you want to write a touching Haiku that is fine. Remember, tis about the spirit of the season, not about what you get.

3. In order to acknowledge that you have read these rules, include a wish or other appropriate statement with your sign up.

4. Sign-ups will end 7/12/2014.

5. I will thereafter, as soon as possible, send each person the person for whom they have to procure a gift.

6. None of the gifts pass through me. Once you have the name, you're solely responsible for delivering this gift.

7. Remember, be chill, follow forum guidelines and remember this is supposed to be a happy time.

8.  It is intended for gifts to be given at New Year. Though that is not required.

Spoiler: List of Participators (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 04:23:11 pm by 10ebbor10 »

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 New Year Celebration Gift Exchanging Experience
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 04:18:38 pm »

In America, this format is usually called Secret Santa...  putting that in the title may help draw attention to your event!  :)
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

ZebAbirul

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly neighborhood lurking extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 New Year Celebration Gift Exchanging Experience[Secret Santa]
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 04:28:15 pm »

Count me in!!

ZebAbirul

I wish to find some more good Electro Swing :P