Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Bugs, Fixes, Suggestions for the next update here please  (Read 4908 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Bugs, Fixes, Suggestions for the next update here please
« on: November 26, 2014, 11:26:14 am »

I'm getting into the mood of doing a bit DF here and there again. First thing will be compiling a list of all things that have been reported in the last 3 months that I might have missed. It would be nice if people could post suggestions and current bugs here. I'll read through all the threads and start collecting as well.

Dwarves:

Humans:

Warlocks:

Gnomes:

Succubi (all changes done by Boltgun):
Added a reactions to check a creature for powers and upgrades.
- A free job at the temples of sin and fire will allow you to see what you gave to a succubus.
- The same reaction is available at the orcish altar of storms and the warlocks central library.

Other changes
- Fixed typos in the manual (thanks Greycat).
- Bloodworms should grow on the surface of evil biomes.
- Fixed the gender swapped leader names.
- You can now brew magma at the still, it requires the still to placed next to a magma space.
- Added blood production, sausages, etc. to the kitchen.
- Stygian bronze is now made at the metallurgist forge.
- You can now clean rusty iron and steel at the metallurgist forge.
- Added concrete reactions to the slag pit.
- Mind thief's effects are now temporary.
- Restored a missing speed buff from the entice + pheromone secret.
- Summoning HFS will no longer create demon dogs
- Updated the black rose and blood worm sprites
- Obisidian colossi, spirit or fire and frost wraith are no longer intelligent when summoned.
- Human corruption should be working again.

Creature changes
- All the succubi are now fire immune!
- They are also immune to cold and dragon breath, this may change in the future.
- Removed the fireborn caste and its reaction.
- Removed rat things to make space for future updates (applied to humans and hermit too)
- Renamed shothoth spawns to decay brutes.
- Liches and fire maidens special attacks has been disabled for now.

Workshop changes
- Esoteric orders are now Eerie glowing canals
- Abyssal temples are now Infernal chambers (also applied to the kobold version)
- New power: Group phasing. This teleports succubi towards a single target.
- You can make leather whips at the tanner shop.

Bugfixes
- Caravans should no longer spontaneously combust.

Technobabble
- Added RACE_GENDER castes to civilized creatures to make gender
interaction more future proof.

Orcs (all changes done by Smakemupagus):
V6.0.OF1

* Orcs grow to full size when they reach MDF adulthood (5)
* Mumakil have tougher skin and are more pain resistant (like Ologs)
* Bugfix: stickbomb usage hint (Attack)
* Remove NO_AGING (which doesn't exist?) from orcish magics
* Balance (nerf): ITEM_SHIELD_SHIELD replaces ITEM_SHIELD_KITE domestic, nethermill
*! Factory can still make both
* Continuity: remove kobold bola thrower from tribal crafter
*- Add domestic atlatl
*- Remove S&S atlatl
*- Expand S&S javelin options
*- Falcon society is now spear and atlatl ("peltast") - mod item and reac
* Balance (buff): Dawnstar & Evenstar enchants req only dreamtali, not soulgem
* Warclaws striker skill rather than dagger
* Damasc mithril battle & great axes; reax & entity
* Balance (buff) Bazaars require less furnature, added gold and silver bars, only Shadowbroker still requires human captive
*! Should be able to build on average, at least one bazaar per successful merchant shipping raid (more if you melt coins)
* Arcane forge uses weaponsmithing for "forge" reax.  "weave" reax are still runesmithing
* Continuity: cavebear society use dwarven axe
* Remove redundant "corsair arms" weapon item
*- Revert freelancer sales to pistol
*- Allow freelancers to add dagger to pistol to create ITEM_WEAPON_AIRGUN_BAY
* Balance (buff) increase rare loots for high-end gambling at tavern
*! Silver loot (gems) added additionally to gold stakes table
*! Silver and Gold loot (maps, longboats) added additionally to platinum stakes table (prisoners, raidgear)
* Dwarf Laborer can additionally mine for coal; reac and entity
* Human Laborer can additionally fence counterfeit tin, zinc, or lead coins for real shillings
* Simplify all foreign toolkits to a single type ITEM_TOOL_KIT_OUTLAND
*! Affects a number of reaction reagents; products of raids, bazaars, etc.
* fix: tribal crafter and soulgems should accept blood in pots, not just barrels
* Change to [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY][LIKES_SITE:CAVE_DETAILED][TOLERATES_SITE:DARK_FORTRESS]

* rename the magic weapons along the following principles
*- adjective describes the spell enabled rather than a caste (since all mage castes can use each weapon anyway)
*- noun is "magestaff" for both that use missles ~~ "sigilblade" for both that use shards
* simplify dreamers' ammo, subbing out reax that involve ivy tendrils (redundant with missiles, both SPELLDRUID) and doomshards (redundant with bladeshards, both SPELLWRAITH)

* add Gnomish Labor Cell building
*- Gnome captive item; add to raid loot
*- Gnome labor makes diode from galena, pyrite, or copper-acid
*- Gnome labor makes outland toolkit from (diode, pulley, abacus, & hourglass)
* add CRAFT_PUMP_SET_ORC steamfoundry, entity permit
* remove outdated Prototype Golem reax steamfoundry, entity
* add DIODE and pulleys to loot table for gnome raid; removed automata parts from rare loot; increased odds of mech xbow
* alternate path to animate automata with bloodmagic or gnome-tech (soulgems or diodes) steamfoundry,
* Forge turrets using automata, brass, iron, ammo, outland tools; steamfoundry
* forge ratchet crossbow at Heavy Weapons Armory with gnomish device (previously the most unloved barbarian tech building?)
* upgrade musket to blaster with gnomish devices @ Heavy Weapons Armory
*- ITEM_WEAPON_MUSKET_BLASTER is a musket and uses gunner skill, but fires magic missles instead of bullets
*- several reax to make blaster ammo (magic missles) from steel and diodes + etc.
* Add HWA blueprint chance to Gnome raid loot (rare)

* TOBACCO_RAT_WEED_ORC at goblin muckraker - note i removed the dimension:150 from dwarf version - need test
* SMOKE_WATERPIPE_ORC at rogue tavern or meadhall

* Warpstone -> acid @ blacksmoke
* Synthetic kaolin @ blacksmoke

* add stage 0,1,2 graphics to boneforge
* add fuel requirement to ironbone/bloodsteel bar creation
* blood, bonemeal to fertilizer(6) @ boneforge
* TRAIN_SURGERY2 on skeletons -> bonemeal @ anatomical theatre

* Debug error log typos etc. induced by above

Experimental changes to fix/roll back to fully functional magic

* Fix: Revert dreamwalker specialization and spell learn reax to MDF3.x version - actually drop boulders, don't rely on "Rebalance project" lua thing
* Fix: item_shield: Remove dreamcatcher materials and replace with stormcrystal, necromantic, and medicine dc items
*- inorganic_z_orcfort: add to the ITEMSYNDROME material
*- reaction_orcfort: switch all dc craft, loot, and trade reax
*- remove lunacy dc from entity (phasing out spell - is meh compared to the other options)

V6.0.OF2

* custom CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME:STANDARD (snaga & orc peon /uruk & olog hai /dreamwalker novice)
* enabled several dozen KOBOLD_BURN__* reactions at kiln related to greenware firing
* created corresponding shaping reax at Muckraker
*! i think that we don't need separate reax for each type of clay, trying using GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:FIRED_MAT instead
* created several leaded glaze inorganics (neutral, turquoise copper, scarlet iron, and white tin)
* reax for applying leaded glaze @ kiln to jug, statue, large pot, crafts, and any object
* reax for creating leaded glaze @ muckraker

V6.0 OF3
* Molten pit batch reax accepts any iron bearing stone, not just pure iron
*! want to include limonite and magnetite which have no way to purify
*- slightly debuffed iron bar production, increased rusty iron byproduct
* Removed SACRED_ATLATL_ORC reac permit (reac not used anymore)
* Sharkey's Firewater @meadhall improved slightly (no longer decreases agility)
* Blackdraught Mead @meadhall improved greatly (much longer effect, added [SYN_CLASS:MEDICINE_EPIDEMIC][SYN_CLASS:MEDICINE_BLOOD_PRESSURE])
* bug fix: steamfoundry reactions fixed (brass mechanisms don't exist at forge - use brass bar plus any mechanism instead)

To do:
? Make industrial orc buildings require power (steamfurnace, factory, etc.)
* fix muckraker graphic - has gnome in it or something

Known bugs:
* probably messed up the TwbT graphic overrides when I added the ITEM_WEAPON_MUSKET_BLASTER

Kobolds:

Hermit:

PS: My main attention will be on fixing things, minor updates, balancing and the like. I want to leave you a well-running, stable version of the mod before I leave for Siberia. I will have a look at a possible 40.x conversion, but it might be more trouble than its worth at the moment. I do like the new trees though.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 04:12:27 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, Fixes, Suggestions for the next update here please
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 11:42:41 am »

I would love to see a bare bones MW 40_X. Probably take 6-months or more, if you sleep very little and accomplish almost nothing else.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 11:58:43 am »

development branch for Orc Fort, compatible (as far as I know in a couple casual playtest forts) with MDF6.1 is here
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6732

If anyone gives Orc Fort feedback either here or in the Orc thread, please note if you can whether you're using "native" MDF6.x or the OF dev patch.  I haven't had as much time for detailed testing as I used to, so odds are kinda high there's some bugs lingering. 

Notes as of dev branch 3 (MDF6.1/OF3)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 12:07:36 pm »

Perfect, thank you Smake.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 12:16:20 pm »

Bugs:
*Obsidian is currently blue!   :o
*Dwarf magma workshops don't always use magma-safe blocks or anvils (though I think the anvils may have been intentional for vanilla bug related issues)

Dwarf wishlist:
*A means to get orichalcum other than from the ore processor.  It could be bought from Teduk, or part of an extravagant reaction at the volcanic temple of Armok, etc.
*A means to get a trade license other than requesting one from the first liaison and buying it on the second.  Buying a trade license from someone like Teduk would be fine, so that once I get one I can get more, or from the Embassy for 25,000 gold coins, etc.
*A reaction to convert platinum coins to gold coins.
*Change some of the workshops to 3 wide x 5 tall
*Change some of the building graphical layouts (i.e garrison, guild hall, monastery, wizard school) to be entered from the north instead of the south.

I'm definitely willing to help with the last two and provide some examples of what a the workshops/buildings could change to.  I like the designs now, they're pretty, but my forts always run out of space for buildings on the north walls for buildings.   :P

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 12:17:16 pm »

Perfect, thank you Smake.

no problem :D

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 01:01:02 pm »

There's also a bug with setting coal as a desired workflow output when burning compact peat at a smelter.  You can create the workflow limit, but then it just immediately disappears without any warning.  I think I've seen some other folks have the same issue, but then other people say that they're not getting it.  Maybe it's platform dependent, I have no idea.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 01:24:45 pm »

There's also a bug with setting coal as a desired workflow output when burning compact peat at a smelter.  You can create the workflow limit, but then it just immediately disappears without any warning.  I think I've seen some other folks have the same issue, but then other people say that they're not getting it.  Maybe it's platform dependent, I have no idea.
Yeah, you can work around it by going into the advanced pane and manually setting it to coal.

Voukras

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 04:34:40 pm »

Would it be possible to add a way to select gems as a material in the military uniform screen so we can equip soldiers with gem-tipped weapons and armor produced from the gemforge? Sorry if there's a way to do this and I haven't figured it out.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 04:38:46 pm »

I've noticed that.  It seems like gems are just "metal" as far as the military screen is concerned.

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 07:17:10 pm »

Well, the Hermit still has some outstanding bugs that need dealt with, and last I checked the Succubi mode was a bit bare(tee-hee).
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 01:19:57 am »

Warlocks:
Skeletons in Military not working well, dropping out and can't be reassigned as Crypt Lord before late game banner.
I remember some reaction bugs with the library system regarding some of the dusts, don't know if this has been fixed yet.

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 02:12:27 am »

Human alchemist seems broken, but i think there was a fix somewhere in the Humans thread.
Other than that, the human knight transforms to paladin without problems, but the said paladin transforms into the same caste again and again, losing his skills in the process. It's quite infuriating.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2014, 02:26:35 am »

You might want to use my script (or a variant of it) into the caste changes, to fix the EXP bonus.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2014, 02:57:21 am »

Since the august 26th commit is not part of 6.1 could you also add the following to the succubus changelog?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 03:09:37 am by Boltgun »
Pages: [1] 2 3