Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bugs, Fixes, Suggestions for the next update here please  (Read 4884 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, Fixes, Suggestions for the next update here please
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 02:58:53 am »

Added a reactions to check a creature for powers and upgrades.
- A free job at the temples of sin and fire will allow you to see what you gave to a succubus.
- The same reaction is available at the orcish altar of storms and the warlocks central library.

Ooh nice :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 04:15:13 am »

Boltung, I added the changes. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 12:51:20 pm »

The "Academica Magicka" buildings are listed under "Building Below Need Science" in the build menu even though most of the buildings in Academic Magicka don't need science.

Manual:
*The alchemist lab entry sez that it can make infinite water and infinite magma
*Library system is still the old library system instead of the new upgrade system
*Magic Altars is still the old system instead of the new upgrade system
*It would be nice if the magic altars listed the abilities for wizards in the respective schools
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:54:59 pm by qorthos »

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 03:02:50 pm »

Hey Meph, are you still planning on making a big overhaul of the Dwarves?
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 03:27:43 pm »

in the arena i noticed a creature named "nothing" on the top of the creatures list. each time i click on it, it crashes with an empty errorlog (as usual...)

now this might be just my meddling and it seems pretty benign (it just sits there on its own, not messing with you if you don't mess with it), but i felt i should report it

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 05:15:47 pm »

Boltung, I added the changes. :)

Neat, thank you.

in the arena i noticed a creature named "nothing" on the top of the creatures list. each time i click on it, it crashes with an empty errorlog (as usual...)

now this might be just my meddling and it seems pretty benign (it just sits there on its own, not messing with you if you don't mess with it), but i felt i should report it

Yes I noticed that too. There a couple of bugs in my github (nightmare butchering crashing df and fire injection causing caravans to explode) that I will investigate eventually.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2014, 12:26:19 am »

The Hermits lack a way to process ores and harvest acorns.

Humans have a few leftover trading issues from before silver and copper coins were dropped, resulting in odd things like silver bars being valued less than lead.

Bouldercrabs never lay eggs, only rocks.

Warlock Pylons can be liked for their " ". (blank entry)

Restless walkers are easily abused thanks to being able to make several out of the bones of one. I suggest either making it so they cost a totem instead, (Making multiplying walkers impossible without killing more outsiders.) or else adding something thematic like a gem to the reaction cost as a bottleneck. (A fair price for practically unlimited food/bones/souls, IMO.)
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2014, 12:15:30 am »

If you play with YESSSC (i.e., not simple soil) there will be a bunch of clays whose
MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT:INORGANIC:CLAY

Maybe, it should have
MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT:INORGANIC:GREENWARE_CLAY
instead.

The problem is that if you shape a clay craft, statue, etc. from these materials, you'll get a fake-item tool made of CLAY.  Since it's not a real item it can't be used, and since it's not made of GREENWARE_CLAY it can't be fired to convert it into a real item, so it just remains a useless tool.

The affected materials include
SILTY_CLAY
SANDY_CLAY
CLAY_LOAM
SILTY_CLAY_LOAM
SANDY_LOAM
SILT_LOAM
LOAMY_SAND
SILT

Arguably the last few without Clay in their name maybe shouldn't have any kind of Fired Mat product at all, I don't know?

Fire clay, kaolinite, and regular old "clay" seem to be fine as far as I can tell.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2014, 12:18:10 am »

On the subject of restless walkers, they could certainly use some buffs. Being shambling corpses they shouldn't need air, feel pain, or any of that, especially since at present even tiny snakes can kill them and they aren't exactly super useful against anything more threatening than a badger (and even then that's pushing it.) I can understand expendable meat shield but they gotta be able to make up for thier relative weakness somewhere to make it worth raising the things.

As to a production bottleneck, I had assumed you needed whole corpses, not just any old random bodypart (I was throwing dead bodies at the shrine just to avoid a bone overflow.) Is there a way to do that or at least make thier corpses not butcherable? I'd think they'd be pretty useless for food being rotting carcasses and all.

As to Hermit mode I've said it before and I'll say it again, a way to make Bob undead friendly would be nice.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2014, 06:49:19 pm »

Still reading up on everything. I skimmed the forums while being away, but now do it proper. Almost 4 months is still a lot to read in the main threads. Only have Warlocks and Dwarves to read up on now.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 07:16:16 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2014, 09:43:32 pm »

I've been assaulted by the walkers once, and I would agree that it definitely doesn't feel like a zombie invasion, or anything threatening.

It could be fun to have them as an actual zombie apocalypse army, so I might try to summon them (dfhack) in hermit mode.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

fidelfa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 06:06:28 pm »

hey meph i'm getting a little bug with orc fortress. it's like this: i order the guys to build the raiders' dry dock and i have all the materials and everything goes fine until i leave the building menu.then the building just vanishes and doesn't get build. even using the "q" it won't show the workshop orders menu.(i created this account just to give this bug rep. go figure :P).

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2014, 10:52:06 pm »

hey meph i'm getting a little bug with orc fortress. it's like this: i order the guys to build the raiders' dry dock and i have all the materials and everything goes fine until i leave the building menu.then the building just vanishes and doesn't get build. even using the "q" it won't show the workshop orders menu.(i created this account just to give this bug rep. go figure :P).

The community decided on this change while I was away for a while -- it's enforced to be above ground.  It's not a bug, working as (somebody) intended :).  I don't necessarily want to roll back something that people felt strongly enough to be proactive and make a community patch for.

If a ~majority of current players want me to switch it back I will, please consider posting in orc thread.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2014, 11:17:56 pm »

The community decided on this change while I was away for a while -- it's enforced to be above ground.  It's not a bug, working as (somebody) intended :).  I don't necessarily want to roll back something that people felt strongly enough to be proactive and make a community patch for.

If a ~majority of current players want me to switch it back I will, please consider posting in orc thread.
Most gameplay changes were on behalf of Urist McTeellox. They were not based on forum polls as far as I know.

By now you can make the docks work if they have access to water. See the hand pump in hermit mode for an example. It only works, when one of the tiles next to it is full of water.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2014, 07:10:17 am »

Hmm.  Perhaps I will change it back then.  I have a pretty mixed opinion myself on this one and so no need to stick with the thing that people might be frustrated by or think is a bug.
Pages: 1 [2] 3