Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurers being affected by world gen?  (Read 1614 times)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
Adventurers being affected by world gen?
« on: November 26, 2014, 12:32:15 pm »

Has anyone ever had an adventurer that has been dealt with by the world gen in odd ways?

Like retire an adventurer, play fortress mode for years, and look in histories and see that the adventurer has either:

Been abducted by a night-troll, became a were-beast, or set off to tame animals in the deeps?

It seems like a fun prospect that would be possible, but has anyone SEEN it happen?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurers being affected by world gen?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 12:38:11 pm »

I recently had a murderous adventurer vampire which slew 16? people, retired him as lord of a town (Which he murdered many, including the entire dwarven market). Looks like people at the town started a rebellion against him, but it ended up with the rebels suddenly "disapearing". But other than that, i haven't seem any of my adventures do something when retired.

SMASH!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 02:15:01 am »

My gobbo necromancer made a human teeth crown and a dwarf bone ring. Creepy?

heyomif

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 06:44:07 am »

Does that mean that adventurers can finally marry and have children if you leave them retired for a while? I've tried forcing this in DFusion and gui/gm-editor before and despite changing relationship values correctly, it's never recognized by the game so I hope that this is possible now.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 08:08:06 am »

Nah mostly due to adventures have no massive social skills like normal dwarves do to make friends. Adventures are anti-social possessed folk who go out and murder people(and wonder why people are crying and yelling at them for murdering people) and you be lucky if they make a friend in fort mode. all my attempts of getting adventurers to breed I never got the relationship bit to work in fort mode, I had to dr. munarro the experiments by turning the mother into an animal to even get the spores to accept her. then again I did this way back so... nah if fort mode progression didn't help make babies out of relationships then world gen sure wont, but hey I could be wrong. someone got an fire imp to marry and breed with an dwarf so life finds a way.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

RoguelikesESP

• Bay Watcher
  • The english is NOT my native language. Sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 03:57:06 pm »

Adventures are anti-social possessed folk who go out and murder people(and wonder why people are crying and yelling at them for murdering people)

... That's dark. Very dark.

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 04:40:18 pm »

Adventures are anti-social possessed folk who go out and murder people(and wonder why people are crying and yelling at them for murdering people)

... That's dark. Very dark.

True. But often, one is asked to do so by other NPCs to bring glory, etc if engaged in conversation regarding troubles. Some adventurers may just be numbskulls led astray like the boy who went to learn about fear , others are clearly maniacs.

I've never gotten any world gen activity from any adventurer who had retired. It'd be nifty to see.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 04:43:53 pm by a smiling bearded cretin »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 04:44:19 pm »

After I had retired an adventurer someplace for some months while I had another adventurer running around, he upgraded the quality of his armor (though not weapons for some reason) and got some trinkets. He didn't do anything during that time though.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 12:04:42 am »

How often do abductions by night trolls happen?

Maybe there'd be some way to coax a night troll into abducting an adventurer...

Who's up for some !!SCIENCE!!?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 05:14:24 pm »

How often do abductions by night trolls happen?

Maybe there'd be some way to coax a night troll into abducting an adventurer...

Who's up for some !!SCIENCE!!?

From what I notice world gen just goes through armies moving around invading places, and not say the old worldgen = world building. I kinda wonder if Toady did this to cut back the waiting period of starting fort/adv mode.
like the night creature only abducts folks during world building and just roam around killing folks after world building.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes