Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Profit has maintained the Community Mods thread for almost 6 years. Thank You.  (Read 945 times)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarf Fortress was created by ToadyOne and ThreeToes in August 2006, and has been evolving and growing ever since. Over time Dwarf Fortress's has slowly grown in popularity along side of a smallish but helpful community, some being interested in programming and modding. Many of the mods and utilities created have become integral part of Dwarf Fortresses gaming experience for many, and without them there would likely not be as much interest in Dwarf Fortress as there is today. We tend to give our thanks those modders in the spotlight for their continuous hard work, however I believe it may be time to shift our thanks towards the one holding up the spot light.

Profit has continued to maintain and update the "Community Mods and utilities list" for 6 year as of December 20th. His continuous efforts has allowed the community to easily access mods of the community as well as allow modders the chance to show others there own work. I feel that his actions has allowed the community to be more organized which has brought about much more refined communication between players for these last 6 years. I hesitated creating a thread like this a few year ago for fear of coming off pretentious for thanking someone over something that some may view as simple, however a few years later he has continued to do an amazing job.

Profit, Thank you :-)
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

Yes! Three cheers for profit, without whom many of us probably still wouldn't be playing DF!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Congrats on the fine work Profit! You have our gratitude!

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huzzah let us all raise a grog of mead to this arau kuldar!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Thanks for the service Profit.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

I didn't even knew such a person existed before this thread, but cheers anyway!
._.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Thanks you, profit!
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu