Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.18 Released  (Read 21755 times)

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.18 Released
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 07:38:21 pm »

The one that I've noticed in particular is z -> Kitchen -> whatever the last tab is called.  The one that has all of the meat and all of the booze in it.  It's all mixed together, and if you want to disable booze cooking, you have to read each entry carefully (or at least the ones that are still marked for Cooking).

Toady One fixed that in the upcoming release:

11/23/2014 Toady One  ... There's also a drink tab in the kitchen status menu.

Booze is now a top-level priority on the Kitchen menu!  Instead of being mixed in with all those elfy things like meats, eggs and plants.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 12:53:05 am »

There were reports of cave-ins that might be related.  That's the only other thing I heard about.  I'd still recommended upgrading to 0.40.18.  Any bugs reported against 0.40.17 run a risk of being false positives now.

Noted then and I've upgraded.

Edit: I'm noticing that the angel guardians in the vaults have normal metal weapons, however, I think this save was generated in 40.17. Should just create a new world here.
Yeah, that's the exact sort of thing that's likely to be screwed up -- all the "inorganic" flags were misreporting, and possibly some others.

Uhoh, I just visited a vault in a 40.18 generated world and the guardian has a steel mace and a bismuth shield. Even the clothes are mundane, though they still have the descriptors.

Heres the bug report link: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8583
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 01:07:37 am by smjjames »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 02:29:02 pm »

I think I found the function responsible.  Did a second pass to catch anything else that might suffer from the same problem.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 [2]