- 4 (44.4%)
Sure, but it should have a limit.
- 0 (0%)
Other...
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: December 09, 2014, 05:28:09 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Age of the hydra, a new life (Modded Adventure Mode CYOA) (page 13!)  (Read 42278 times)

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
Re: Age of the hydra (Modded Adventure Mode CYOA)
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 10:05:37 pm »

Not sure if another night in the open is safe. better go back to the lair. i like a bit of home lurking...
You slip back to your lair, you'll have time later to raid the place. On the way home you found a couple of incredibly large fish, sturgeon you believe, that are large enough to be considered a meal at over an 8th of your size each. They were also relatively easy to catch compared to the other (smaller) prey creatures there; you simply bit their head a bunch of times and they stopped struggling and trying to bite you. You walk back into your lair and eat the fish. Despite all of this exercise and food, you still stay skinny. You're beginning to believe you simply have a naturally skinny figure.
Spoiler: Question (click to show/hide)
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 03:00:39 am »

Stay home and sulk for a while, feel self conscious about our skinny figure.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 03:25:40 am »

No, I think this speed is perfectly fine.
Remember to keep a head out for wild beasties that lurk about at night. Like the one that put out Head Number Six.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 09:20:45 am »

Stay home and sulk for a while, feel self conscious about our skinny figure.
You are so unhappy about your figure that you stay home for 3 days, only leaving to get a drink of water and check for more of the giant fish. Has anyone even heard of a thin hydra? What type of hydra almost shows bone? You can see your hip too well...

No, I think this speed is perfectly fine.
Remember to keep a head out for wild beasts that lurk about at night. Like the one that put out Head Number Six.
As if to increase your general anxiety, You remember the most dangerous creatures you have ever had to fight. One was a large humanoid that resembled a mutated buck; 4 wide, large horns and extremely fluffy clear feathers that reflected a tiny amount of moonlight. It bruised the inside of the first head it saw, leaving one head impaired. It didn't help that it proceeded to break that head's skull.
The other, tinier beasts were worse. You couldn't get a good look at them, but they were humanoids that were so small that you wouldn't have seen them with your second head. Thankfully, they were also extremely loud, laughing, shouting stuff in a language you couldn't understand (but by the tone: it was an insult. Probably about your thinness). Some had wings, some had horns, one had wings and horns, and many had one, two, or three tails.

This is not a time to think of that nightmare of a night. You push it out of your minds. There was a thought to find and burn down the nearest elves (they burn easily) to make yourself feel better, but you haven't even seen them yet and don't know where they are.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:59:20 am by Pyrefly »
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 09:48:59 am »

but you haven't even seen them yet and don't know where they are.

We know where the treasure is tho. With some luck the hall is still filled with plunder. Aww man, head number 6 used to love plumber.... :(

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2014, 11:09:52 am »

but you haven't even seen them yet and don't know where they are.

We know where the treasure is tho. With some luck the hall is still filled with plunder. Aww man, head number 6 used to love plumber.... :(
You remember the treasures in the place you raided. Instead of tearing yourself up about the crippled head again, you get excited about the treasures.

When you make it there, you find that they fixed the door. You just unfixed it. A woman is sitting in the throne, wearing a well designed lion leather armor piece.
Spoiler: Armor description (click to show/hide)
She also sees you and pulls out a copper whip, a chain used as the whip's 'string'. This does not stop the new leader from dying almost instantly. You steal the armor with the pretty-looking design.
A swords dwarf charged in yelling something. You go to bite his head off but he dodged, then taunted you. You know EXACTLY what he said, unlike the night beasts. "I laugh in the face of death!" You growl at his taunt and he doesn't notice that you have positioned yourself so that one of your heads can get behind him. He didn't dodge the next bite to the head and died instantly when you ripped it off. Stupid single-headed creatures are so fragile, aren't they?
In this single room, there are so many things that make you happy. There's so much pretty treasure that you decide it would be easier to grab it all and get rid of the not good stuff later. Or just keep it all. You burst down another door and enter a new room, collecting treasure as you go. How many rooms will you clear?

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2014, 12:20:59 pm »

Only collect silk, leather and metal!

Fiber and cloth are for one-headed peasants!

(What are the chances of you taking screenshots along with this?)
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2014, 12:35:59 pm »

Make sure you grab the copper whip. Collecting the weapons and armors of fallen enemies is fun. Better make sure we have more collecting of dead people things by clearing more rooms!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2014, 01:37:25 pm »

You need to have a chest full of your slain enemies meat and bones and heads, (you can do that by stealing a chest, and using the 'p' command to put things in the chest, the chest will go in your lair when done. ALso if your hydra can talk you should claim the lairs site as your own. (this should prevent night creature atatcks) if you sleep inside the lair.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2014, 02:20:48 pm »

Only collect silk, leather and metal!

Fiber and cloth are for one-headed peasants!

(What are the chances of you taking screenshots along with this?)
Spoiler: ooc response (click to show/hide)
You have removed all the offending fabrics from your collection. It's worth noting that at this point you are in room three and you have enough arrows to turn every human in town into a porcupine and enough flutes that you can play a tune one one with each head. That is, if you knew how to play the flute. Not to mention, your sixth head, due to a severe concussion, can't exactly do fine manipulation like picking up stuff. You tried and accidentally crushed a chest you were trying to open.
You also found a leather backpack large enough for you to wear like a bracelet around your front feg. That simplifies this greatly. You realize you have only seen one guard, not counting the current leader, and start to be cautious.
Make sure you grab the copper whip. Collecting the weapons and armors of fallen enemies is fun. Better make sure we have more collecting of dead people things by clearing more rooms!
You had made sure the grab the weapons, can't forget those can we? In fact you have grabbed every weapon you have seen so far. They are useful for things you can't bite, like a creature with foul blood. Sharp weapons make good throwing weapons. You found another leather backpack that you hooked to your current backpack. You have also found a masterwork copper axe. Nothing's added to it, but its free of any imperfections other than the ones from battles it was wielded in. You just found your new favorite treasure so far.
You need to have a chest full of your slain enemies meat and bones and heads, (you can do that by stealing a chest, and using the 'p' command to put things in the chest, the chest will go in your lair when done. ALso if your hydra can talk you should claim the lairs site as your own. (this should prevent night creature atatcks) if you sleep inside the lair.
You think about putting a chest full of slain enemies in your lair for a second, then decide that meat's meant to be eaten, but you'll happily do this with the leftover bones.
Spoiler: OOC notes (click to show/hide)
You burst into the next room and start to grab more treasures. At this point you have enough weapons to equip an army and two masterworks, the other is a stack of silver arrows. You are putting all of these weapons VERY deep into your lair or you know you'll regret it later.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2014, 03:12:36 pm »

I'm going to assume you have a windows operating system.

Press the windows key, and search for "Snipping tool." Use that to get your pictures, and upload the images to imgur.

I personally make a separate folder for every succession game that I play.

Also, can you release the raws for how you managed to do this? I really want to know!

Try using your 6th head as a club, since it's motor control is almost useless now.

And find a child to eat. I hear that stem cells are mighty tasty!
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2014, 04:20:24 pm »

I'm going to assume you have a windows operating system.

Press the windows key, and search for "Snipping tool." Use that to get your pictures, and upload the images to imgur.

I personally make a separate folder for every succession game that I play.

Also, can you release the raws for how you managed to do this? I really want to know!

Try using your 6th head as a club, since it's motor control is almost useless now.

And find a child to eat. I hear that stem cells are mighty tasty!
Spoiler: OOC comments (click to show/hide)
You turn your attention to the nearby village, due to a sudden curiosity of how good a human child tastes. The first house you look into, you get greeted by an arrow to your leg. Needless to say this made you extremely angry. You proceed to rampage through the village after breaking the bow-man's chest with your sixth head (it works great as a club to say the least).

You have also made the humans a bit angry, or the ones left at least. And you also learned how to fire a crossbow. This'll be a useful skill later.
One human farmer was smart, attempting to do major damage with a heavy stab to your first neck, but she failed to hit you and was killed. She did much better than the humans actually trained to use weapons, that's for sure.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2014, 05:26:53 pm »

Now that we mastered ranged weaponry, nothing can stop us! Time to climb on a roof and shoot at the wildlife from the high ground, as to establish our superiority over all things!

Failing that, just eat that sweet, sweet looking baby.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2014, 07:57:39 pm »

Try starting a fire in every house you leave with dead inhabitants.

Show this village and it's people no mercy.
Meow.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2014, 07:59:53 pm »

You need to drink something.. human blood should do fine.

Or water.

Blood is better tasting and better for you however.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17