Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer Profiles [./data/init/adventure_profiles.txt]  (Read 934 times)

Gashcozokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventurer Profiles [./data/init/adventure_profiles.txt]
« on: November 27, 2014, 03:59:03 pm »

I did a bit of searching and turned up suggestions for [saving stockpiles as profiles] and also to persist [various military assignments] between games.
Both of which I find appealing, however (and link me if I'm wrong) I have not seen requests/suggestions to have Adventure Mode point assignments saved to file.

Because, honestly, between the two game modes I find I am far FAR more likely to need to launch a new Adventurer to wander the world in search of Cheese Dip (often several times a day). 
Than I am when I start a Fort to spread the glory of the Mountainhome.

Embark profiles are very handy, as long as they don't have the fish bug.
I would really like to see a 'Save' option added to the new game menu of Adventure Mode.

It wouldn't necessarily even include race/gender/or civilization because those may change as you play. 
By saving Attributes and Skills, you could load  [Peasant, Barbarian, Ranger, etc] for whichever  race and go.

Edit:  This is also listed on the Eternal Suggestion Vote please add support there if you can.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:42:41 pm by Gashcozokon »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Profiles [./data/init/adventure_profiles.txt]
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 04:09:01 pm »

+1 to this.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 08:04:10 pm »

Oh please yes.

You can kinda fake a profile with macros, but this would be so much easier.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 04:06:53 pm »

I did a bit of searching and turned up suggestions for [saving stockpiles as profiles] and also to persist [various military assignments] between games.
Both of which I find appealing, however (and link me if I'm wrong) I have not seen requests/suggestions to have Adventure Mode point assignments saved to file.

Because, honestly, between the two game modes I find I am far FAR more likely to need to launch a new Adventurer to wander the world in search of Cheese Dip (often several times a day). 
Than I am when I start a Fort to spread the glory of the Mountainhome.

Embark profiles are very handy, as long as they don't have the fish bug.
I would really like to see a 'Save' option added to the new game menu of Adventure Mode.

It wouldn't necessarily even include race/gender/or civilization because those may change as you play. 
By saving Attributes and Skills, you could load  [Peasant, Barbarian, Ranger, etc] for whichever  race and go.

Awesome idea, I also tend to play more adv. Mode. (Can't wait until thief and artifact Hunter roles are complete. :D )
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 12:42:55 pm »

Oh yes,please!This would save a lot of time!
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.