Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Breedblades, a Legendary Gelder Fortress- Seeking Overseers  (Read 17815 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Breedblades, a Legendary Gelder Fortress- Seeking Overseers
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2014, 10:37:31 pm »

I dont have all the names...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2014, 07:17:02 pm »

7th opal, 127
 Another giant toad in the caverns, attacking and killing Kubuk the farmer. The army was sent after it the second it was spotted in the region, but decided to hide for much of the fight, only emerging after "Paddlewind" had killed Kubuk. It took the arrival of the Ochre Enchanters before it was even really attacked (Before then the only damage was from stone fall traps, the farmer and a single fired bolt), and then it was killed in seconds.

2ed Obsidian, 127
 The curse of the Wareiguana has reemerged from the goblin, after Minkot the Ranger, Id the Administrator and Ezum the Fisherdwarf turned into more of the unholy creatures. All three turned in the hospital, and the army has been sent. According to the few records found on the subject in engravings, statues and papers, this can happen when the creatures powers are passed into others via wounds. In future we should keep those hurt by one in seclusion to see if they are infected. I suggest that in future the injured are kept in cells.
 In other news, the fight. Even before the military had a chance to attack one of the monsters died, as Minkot was torn apart by the others in their hunger, before they turned onto Goden, who was still in the hospital from their wounds from the croc months before.  When the military arrived their vengeance was swift, as what was Id was struck down by our mayor, even as the rest of the military and the dogs of the fortress fell upon what was the fisher. From what we can tell in the blood covered hall, the fisher was finally killed by loss of blood while one of the dogs was holding onto one of its arms. I advise the next overseer to have Tekkud Netshot, Bomrek Lancedyearling and Atos Aorcrafted placed in individual cells, their doors locked and the area guarded. Although, perhaps that can be done after the doctors take care of the basic wounds on their bodies. Bomrek Lancedyearling in particular needs medical attention.

5th Obsidian, 127
 We got reports about miasma in the living areas today. Turns out that Nil the Carpenter has stashed some cheese in his room and let it rot.

20th Obsidian, 127
 We appear to have captured a breeding pair of Elk Birds. Interesting. Also, there seems to be someones rotting body part in the dining hall, of all places.

21st Obsidian, 127
 Winter solace today, celebrated seeming only by Flabort, who created a stew from salmon, cave fish and donkey cheese for it.

26th Obsidian, 127
 Well, there is a flock of elk birds at our walls in the caverns, many trapped in cages. Both squads have been sent down to kill the remainder.

28th Obsidian, 127
 I fear I may have doomed us. By sending the military to the caverns there was noone near the hospital, and Bomrek Lancedyearling was indeed infected, having turned today. I have ordered both squads to the surface, but I fear that they will not get there in time. I now question the decision not to place hatch covers on the stairwell leading into our home, but alas, it is toolate for such thoughts, we must only hope that the military get there in time to assist the war animals in the killing. We also must pray to whatever deities there are that Olon Pickscaled survives, for the death of this one year old boy born here would be a great blow. I know that I will play to my deities... But such requests seem to have fallen on deaf ears, as both the boy and Morul Diamondsecrets have been killed, with the toll rising steadily. But the monster finally died, blood loss sapping its life away, the last seen hit being from none other than the fortress Gelder, finally makeing up for his cowardly reactions to the animals he occasionally aggravated during his work. The monster is dead, having killed four, three of them being children. May the gods bless the spirits of Mebzuth, Nish and Olon.
 In other news, the river is one again flowing, and atleast one person has already used it to test the soap.

1st Granite, 127
 The year is done, and I am no longer Overseer. I am glad for this, as my mistakes have been many and the deaths more than I could wish. Still, I am proud of my accomplishments, we all have warm beds and enclosed rooms, far from the harshness of the wind and rain. We have a grand hall to eat in, rooms of statues to admire, and our fortress produces more goods than ever before. I hope the next overseer is more kind to the one hundred and twelve souls in the fortress.

Spoiler: Year End Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2014, 09:54:29 pm »

Alright, apparently I'm up now. I'll get on to it SoonTM, after all the post-Christmas nonsense has been wrapped up. Should be starting in a day or three.

What version are we playing on, by the way?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2014, 10:03:45 pm »

I believe the save was finished in 40.19, but it should be safe to upgrade now, 40.23 seems stable enough compared to 40.20
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2014, 09:13:25 am »

I believe the save was finished in 40.19, but it should be safe to upgrade now, 40.23 seems stable enough compared to 40.20

Yeah, you can use 40.23.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2014, 03:09:19 am »

I'd like to be dorfed, perhaps as a doctor. Name Ghibli, a male if possible.
And I could do an Overseering turn, why not? I am very bad at describing the year, but still...
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2014, 03:29:04 am »

Aseaheru's sent me the save, but I can't access it. Might be my Internet crapping out again. Hopefully this won't delay proceedings too much.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2014, 03:14:31 pm »

ah, whats dropbox doing now?

And yes, I had to use dropbox. DFFD doesn't like my email.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2014, 03:25:00 pm »

How's the whole "dwarf training by having him chop the testicles of rabbits" thing going? I haven't been keeping track of this.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2014, 03:27:16 pm »

At this point its just about anything male that we dont really want for breeding, and should I load up the save quickly for his skill?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2014, 03:34:24 pm »

At this point its just about anything male that we dont really want for breeding, and should I load up the save quickly for his skill?
It's up to you to decide whether or not it's worth loading the save to check his skill. I was just curious if the fort was still running that megaproject (megadorf?) or if it had transitioned beyond that as the save passed between overseers. The last few updates I skimmed over the last page made no mention of the Chosen One (that's what we're calling him, right?) and like I said, I haven't been staying up to date on this.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2014, 04:02:45 pm »

I mentioned him at a few points, but not with that name, mostly making fun of him for getting freaked out when some animal got prissy and tried to hit him, and the few times where he attempted to be useful.
Highly Opinionated Fool

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2014, 05:47:38 pm »

Yeah, I was still having him lop off bits when I was overseer, but I was delaying the project on purpose by building the big wall... so that future overseers could continue the gelder project too.

Speaking of the wall, the next overseer might want to make an outer-wall.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2014, 05:56:38 pm »

He has about 40 more sets of organs to cut off, and from the breeding rate of the dogs and the bunnies, by summer he should have about 200.
Highly Opinionated Fool

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2015, 10:44:08 am »

Are we still doing anything with this? I'd nearly totally forgotten about it, but I want it to succeed.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10