Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Breedblades, a Legendary Gelder Fortress- Seeking Overseers  (Read 17586 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Breedblades, a Legendary Gelder Fortress- Seeking Overseers
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2014, 07:35:02 pm »

Overseer Log of ‘4maskwolf’ Morulish, Miner/Stoneworker of the fortress of Breedblades
1 Granite 126:
Well, Fearful Jesuit has decided to step down from leading our enterprise on this sacred expedition.  After a consultation with the other original members of this fortress, I have been chosen as the new Overseer of our fortress.  While I am honored by their trust, I am hardly the best dwarf for the task, in my opinion.  Regardless, it now falls on me to take over.
In order to defend our sacred enterprise, we must have firm, sturdy walls.  I have continued the work of shaping stone into usable blocks for building the fortress walls.  Fortress life will proceed more or less as usual for the time being, and migrants will be assigned to military squads unless I see a compelling reason to make it otherwise.
5 Granite 126:
Helgoland just went batshit earlier today, running around screaming about an idea he had.  Fortunately, he decided not to kick me out of my workshop, for which I am grateful.  There is work to be done here.
6 Granite 126:
After grabbing a couple of pieces of chalk, he has finally settled down to actually getting work done.  Good.  We need our masons right now.
In other news, we have located two cavern layers, though they have not been explored yet.  I thank Deus Asmoth for taking over mining duties while I am constructing the fortress.  As soon as we have a military, I will order our dwarves to expand into the caverns, as well as mine out the rich veins of gold we saw in them.
10 Granite 126:
Helgoland has created the most magnificent chalk grate.  His sudden inspiration also seems to have provided him with a certain knowledge about stoneworking, so I’ve taken the liberty of designating one of the workshops to be used only by him, to churn out stone objects for the fortress.  Or, well, I would have, had it not already been done by Fearful Jesuit.
11 Granite 126:
The third cavern layer has been breached, and a hungry head spotted.  I’m going to be staying well away from the mines until we get a military, that’s for sure.  For lack of something better to do, I’ve sent Deus Asmoth to go strip mine an area.  At the very least, it’s more stone we can use to construct the fortress.
13 Granite 126:
Well, the elves have arrived.  Let’s see whether or not I can scrounge up some trade goods.
16 Granite 126:
I finally decided to stop creating blocks and took a look around.  Turns out Fearful Jesuit decided to go to a party.  Hmmph.  I guess we won’t trade with the elves then.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2014, 07:56:30 pm »

Oh, can you dwarf me? Might even try to play this later.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2014, 12:57:32 pm »

Apparently, dwarves can be injured during gelding, so we should order more large male animals if we want to make the process more fun.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2014, 02:42:40 pm »

Would it be better to trade our gelded animals away than slaughtering them? It'd prevent us from getting overrun by cartilage and nervous tissue it least.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2014, 04:25:48 pm »

Would it be better to trade our gelded animals away than slaughtering them? It'd prevent us from getting overrun by cartilage and nervous tissue it least.
Nervous tissue rots, and cartilage can be atom-smashed.

SlyStalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Always angry, all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2014, 05:21:56 pm »

If each gelding yields 60 EXP, which it should, the Chosen One will reach Legendary after 300 geldings. I recommend rabbits.
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2014, 06:19:40 pm »

If each gelding yields 60 EXP, which it should, the Chosen One will reach Legendary after 300 geldings. I recommend rabbits.

Well shit, that'll probably be done by year 4 or 5.

Someone start a few pointless and dangerous megaprojects.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2014, 06:22:01 pm »

Draining the magma sea, and filling the cavity with testicles?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2014, 06:34:37 pm »

Ill slow down progress a bit with massive, opulent dining areas and bedrooms.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2014, 06:42:21 pm »

You need to make a large chamber dedicated to the Chosen One's workshop.

This room must have masterfully crafted and engraved everything, so that the Chosen One may cut off rabbit genitals in opulent splendor and utmost happiness.

He should also have a personal guard, made up of the best soldiers in the fort.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2014, 06:59:07 pm »

Or to get it more in line with how dwarven nobles tend to react to things: if the Chosen One doesn't reach a certain quota of gelding by the end of each year, they get executed and we have to get a new one.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2014, 08:42:03 pm »

Well shit, that'll probably be done by year 4 or 5.

Someone start a few pointless and dangerous megaprojects.
I recommend gelding bees. Far quicker.

SlyStalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Always angry, all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2014, 12:28:11 am »

Or to get it more in line with how dwarven nobles tend to react to things: if the Chosen One doesn't reach a certain quota of gelding by the end of each year, they get executed and we have to get a new one.
If the Chosen One does not finish gelding his quota, he will be found guilty of heresy, felony and treason. Such is the weight of responsibility upon one who is charged with lopping off rabbit balls.
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2014, 08:55:01 am »

This room must have masterfully crafted and engraved everything, so that the Chosen One may cut off rabbit genitals in opulent splendor and utmost happiness.

If this wasn't so fucking disconcerting, that would be my sig quote, good sir.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2014, 09:44:54 am »

4maskwolf, is progress being made? (I'm fairly lenient about it this time of year- lord knows I, at least, have too many essays to finish to play a full year of dorfs in one go.)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10