Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Breedblades, a Legendary Gelder Fortress- Seeking Overseers  (Read 17833 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Breedblades, a Legendary Gelder Fortress- Seeking Overseers
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2014, 11:57:33 am »

I'm mayor now? Also, I sound like kind of a dick. Have I taken a lover or have any family in the fortress?
Honestly I don't mean to make you sound that way, but yes, you are mayor now, and yes, you've found an excuse not to work whenever I have specific need of you.
As for lovers or family, no, you have none; since you made yourself part of the O7, you don't have family, and you still haven't gone beyond 'friend' level with anyone yet.
You're also mandating the creation of harps.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2014, 02:56:50 pm »

4th of Galena
Suddenly the newest brewer realizes that when she came to the fortress she had her baby with her, and rushes off to find him. I was wondering how long that would take.

She finds him playing in the pasture with the Yaks and donkeys.

7th of Galena
Chicken chicks have hatched in the fortress! This is a good omen for future food production.

Jesuit's bookkeeping report claims 15 of them hatched in one go, with more likely coming in the following weeks. Or even hours, as 7 more hatch.

10th of Galena
NAV's requested a building designated to train in. I was going to make that the tomb, but it's not nearly grand enough, so I allowed him to take it over once construction completes. I will have to build the tomb elsewhere.

Meanwhile, the miners are enthused. They tell me the fortified entrance path into the caverns is almost complete, and that only a few finishing touches are needed.

23rd of Galena
Another day, another mouth to feed. One of the hunters, who I haven't actually noticed hunting except for one kiwi bird just before the butchershop was made, just gave birth.

28th of Galena
To celebrate a mostly peaceful year half over, I organized a party today.

1st of Limestone
I spoke too soon. A thieving kobold was spotted today. I think finishing NAV's training room is now our priority.

5th of limestone
A newly born child fell into the still today. It's mother immediately fished it out, but her batch of perry was ruined.

It's too hot out, too. Fortunately, I have this really nice silk robe I brought from the mountain homes that keeps heat out nicely. It's so warm, and soft... and it's mine, nobody else's, so keep your filthy mitts away!

Oh, and look. Another child fell screaming into the food as it was born. Wonderful. Somebody clean that up.

... Yes, a third child on this dark day was born, too. And yes, it was in the food creation area.

7th of Limestone
NAV came to thank me today. Apparently the barracks is complete enough that he and his squad can begin training now. I ask him why he isn't training with his squad right now, then?

But when he opened his mouth to reply, a chilling scream was heard. Bim, the completely mad cook with the previously glowing eyes, fell over in the courtyard and stopped breathing. Well, somebody clean that up, would you?

13th of Limestone
The caravan from the Mountainhomes, plus the liaison, have arrived! Time to break out the special roasts and meals, for trading!

Somedwarf took it upon themselves to report to me today that Bim had died. About a week late, right on schedule. I had obviously seen it happen myself already. Paperwork, ugh. This is why I left that to Fearful.

Inspecting the trade goods the Mountainhomes sent us, I find rabbits, cavies, two llamas, and a mule. I ask Fearful if he plans to get all the animals, and he answers yes. I ask him to make sure to buy all the cloth and food, too.

He mutters something about a stockpile. I 'mutter' something back.

And then I hear the distinct sound of a baby being born inside the kitchen again.

17th of Limestone
Fearful himself came and told me the trading was done. I asked him if we got everything on the list.

He says yes, as well as some extra leather armor, some pickaxes, and lots of metal. He reminds me of my earlier solemn vow to produce a forge by the end of the year. I tell him I haven't forgotten.

19th of Limestone
Exquisite! I have cooked a dish so wonderful, it can be called a masterpiece! Excellent.

24th of Limestone
The chosen one was attack and bruised by a Cavy Boar. He remains happy and capable, however.

The Cyan Menace

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2014, 03:12:12 pm »

24th of Limestone
The chosen one was attack and bruised by a Cavy Boar. He remains happy and capable, however.

Can someone please try and draw this?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2014, 04:36:00 pm »

6th of Sandstone
The mayorial suite is being prepared, with smoothing and furniture. However, it's not yet ready for him to move in.

The noteworthy event of the day is Dues Asmoth taking a nap in the Mayor's future bed.

7th of Sandstone
SlyStalker is throwing a party now. We need to get another statue to throw these at.

10th of Sandstone
There was a massive gust of air today as spores were once again carried up into the fortress, pressure between the surface and caverns equalizing once again.

We have gotten in via the secure entrance now. Fourmaskwolf was the first one in, and immediately reported a large number of minderals.

I assume out of celebration, Fearful Jesuite mandates that we make a shield.

13th of Sandstone
Migrants from the east. Perfect, we can use some of those as haulers, some as miners, and some as stoneworkers or mechanics. Let's see...

Spoiler: migrants (click to show/hide)

That's... a rather disapointing turnout.

20th of Sandstone
Raise the gates!

The order to pull the lever is put out.
And who fills the order?
Why, it's the Chosen One. Does he do everything around here? It seems he deals with every crisis.

The bridges go up on time, and the Cyclops cannot get in. Some of use breath sighs of relief, but the sight of the giant monster outside the walls terrifies some of the others into inactivity. One fisherdwarf drops her baby in fear.

Another fisherdwarf got trapped outside the fortress walls when the bridges went up. The cyclops punched his head open.

The Cyan Menace

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2014, 04:55:22 pm »

Cage him. Then, if possible, neuter him.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2014, 04:55:46 pm »

The cyclops needs to be captured, caged, then gelded.

(nuts, wasnt fast enough!)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2014, 06:50:51 pm »

Note: I figured out that saving and reloading will prompt migrant parents to look for their children.
Also, sorry guys, but I couldn't geld and capture the 'clops.

22nd of Sandstone
One of the migrants, the one with her own pick I believe, just tore past screaming that she forgot her baby up there. I hope he's OK. I hope he's inside.

She located him in the barracks. Phew.

23rd of Sandstone
Crap.

The Cyclops climbed over an incomplete portion of wall. NAV's team isn't ready yet... One of them is still mourning the death of her husband the fisherdwarf that died by the hands of this terrifying brute.

But I can't do anything about it. They charge. Acompanied by several civilians.

He brutally pummels in the head of a child, and scares off fourmaskwolf and FearfulJesuit. He kills multiple members of NAV's team.

But he tires quickly. He overexcerts himself, and a planter takes the opportunity to bite the Cyclop's neck.

Distracted by the planter, the Cyclops struggles to get rid of him, allowing a hunter to loose an iron bolt right into the cyclop's arm, and he faints. The planter then takes revenge for the beating of a child's head by playing a drum solo on the Cyclop's skull.

A fisherdwarf joins in. It is only a matter of time before the Cyclops is dead. NAV starts bashing it's head with his mace, and little bits of skull start breaking out. When fourmaskwolf gains the courage to attack once more, it's all over. There is a massive spray of artierial blood, and the Cyclops moves no more.

Spoiler: Death Toll (click to show/hide)

Contacting the families of the deceased is taking it's emotional toll on me... once this year is over, someone else can take the reigns.

28th of Sandstone
The liason sat down with Fearful Jesuit, and for defeating the vile cyclops, told him he would make us a barony. Quite taken aback at this, Fearful put aside his personal ambitions and recomended Fourmaskwolf for the title of Baron for dealing the killing blow.

The Cyan Menace

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2014, 06:55:45 pm »

Oh, crap. Does my dwarf has any family that could be renamed to Sheb too?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2014, 07:03:29 pm »

Oh, crap. Does my dwarf has any family that could be renamed to Sheb too?
Inside the fortress you have a younger sister and two nephews.
The Cyan Menace

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2014, 07:14:14 pm »

Give me the sister, will you?

Also, what modding would be need to allow gelding of criminals, elves and humans?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2014, 11:39:15 pm »

Give me the sister, will you?
Will do, I guess.
The dead brewer was the one with the baby?
If so, awwwwwww.
I can check next time I load it up, tomorrow.
Also, what modding would be need to allow gelding of criminals, elves and humans?
Hmm... it's not in the creature raws, dwarves have geldable parts already. It must be in either the ethics raws or something else; I'm not tracking that down tonight.
The Cyan Menace

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2014, 11:41:45 pm »

Oh god, you actually did this. You beautiful bastards. :P PTW and may request a turn/dwarfing.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2014, 10:40:13 pm »

Note: Due to arm pain, updates may be smaller.
Note: Arcvasti, you sounded uncertain as to whether you wanted dorfing, so I haven't yet.
Note: Yes, the dead brewer was the migrant parent. The baby is still alive, and wandering the meeting hall.
Note: Huh. I didn't mean to make 4mask a girl... but it's the same dorf he chose himself, so, meh.

3rd of Timber
The Barony was made official, and FourMaskWolf became the baronness. Accompanied was a ballot for electing a new mayor, but FearfulJesuit won again.

Plans to put the Baronness's rooms near the Mayors rooms are made. The miners are encouraged to finish the area.

Sheb's younger sister was so stricken with grief, that I think she may have lost hope, because she's insisting we call HER sheb now.

Spoiler: Reincarnated (click to show/hide)

7th of Timber
17 chickens have hatched. The contents of one nest box were realized to be barren, as one hen had two hatchings while the other never hatched a single egg.

17th of Timber
The mayorial suite is almost complete. It only lacks a cabinet. Construction on the baronial suite begins today.

For safety's sake, I have decided to leave the bridges sealed until the next overseer takes over during the spring, and buff up the walls with some more thickness.

21st of Timber
Having completed Fearful's last mandate of a shield, and then having completed another mandate the exact same, he has now mandated that three shields be made.

That would have been simple enough. But fourmask also mandated the construction of bolts, which the fortress has few enough of; He suggests that they might be made of the bones of the Elk Birds that are going to waste.

I gently remind him that none of the hunters actually RETURNED their kills yet and that we don't have any bones from them yet.

27th of Timber
There are too many birds cooped up in one coop, as evidenced when foul fighting between fowl caused such noice as to upset many nearby.

I asked for another coop to be prepared once Fourmask's room is complete.

4th of Moonstone
The river froze. No more fish until the spring, and the fisherdwarves turn to hauling full time.

10th of Moonstone
While some smoothing is still being done, and some furniture was microline where chalk would have been prefered, the Baronness's rooms are ready for her to move in, with all the funiture in place.

Strangely, the masons chose a statue of the god of suicide to furnish Fourmaskwolf's bedroom with. Perhaps because his first attack on the Cyclops was suicidal. It would also explain why the diety is sad, because Fourmaskwolf did not die from the attempt.

In FearfulJesuit's room, though, they placed a statue of FearfulJesuit admiring some saimangs. Huh.
The Cyan Menace

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2014, 10:41:35 pm »

'I'm Good'.  I didnt die.  Nothing bad happened.

:P
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2014, 10:48:29 pm »

This fortress is an excellent idea.  Requesting a dorfing, "Jervill", someone with Masonry/Engraving, Architecture, or Mechanics skills.  If not available, assign at random.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10