Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Proof of work  (Read 1069 times)

Adrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Proof of work
« on: November 28, 2014, 09:35:55 am »

Instead of blindly believing the adventurer when he tells someone he's slain the cougar in the hills, people should dismiss it as a tall tale unless the adventurer can provide proof.
Butchering corpses that are the subject of a kill assignment should remove the head from the corpse so it can be presented as proof of work.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proof of work
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 02:22:44 pm »

+1

Haven't we all collected trophies from our kills at some point?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 02:26:03 pm »

A body would work as well if you can't butcher it. Though hauling it from the camp/lair/cave might be a little Fun.

Gashcozokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 04:15:50 pm »

+1
 Hee Hee, most of my Adventurers try to live by eating only the hearts of their kills.
I suppose I could show them to villagers first, then eat them.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 12:22:56 am »

+1
 Hee Hee, most of my Adventurers try to live by eating only the hearts of their kills.
I suppose I could show them to villagers first, then eat them.

But what if they mistake that hill titan heart for a forest titan's??
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 12:24:34 am »

Problem, what about creatures that are just too heavy to carry?
I have had monsters where just the skull took me down to less than 99 speed...

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 12:28:37 am »

I cut a Bronze Colossi's head off, picked it up, and dropped down to the lowest speed I'd ever seen. It'd be pretty hard to show proof of killing metal and stone enemies. Also, if you kill an archangel, and it's made of fire, there'll be no proof that you killed it, other than your burns.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 12:31:32 am »

Maybe there should be a new profession called "Scribe" that just find adventurers to follow and chart down all of their history.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 12:34:14 am »

LINGUISTIC ABILITY. I mean, a use for that. Write down/update something in your journal. The more often you do it, the better you'll be at convincing people who read it you did these things.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Ngosp Umbabok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 04:02:37 pm »

Once you gain a reputation for being reliable and for being someone who slays monsters frequently people could take what you say as true more often with less needed to convince them