Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Queens order (SG Based off History and Lordship)  (Read 1181 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
The Queens order (SG Based off History and Lordship)
« on: November 30, 2014, 03:17:16 pm »

For years you have fought on behalf of the Church of Novistrania and the Kingdom of the Nords against the Demonic invasion of Emperor Gulcasa and his cult allies within the country. The Final battle you remember was very chaotic as the Nords mustered all of their strength to attack the mobile Fortress Gulcasa but traitors within the ranks sabotaged massive amounts of specialized seige equipment and ladders forcing the Nords to send in only the best fighters. The King Himself chose and led the Elite Teams of Warmages, Battle Priests, Paladins, and Hardened Auxiliaries. The Auxiliaries helped get the Kings foces inside where they battled and overpowered Gulcasa himself. The King however, was mortally wounded by Empress Justine The Drider who threw a Poisoned Javelin at the King which impaled your Leaders stomach. She later escaped deeper into the Fortress where she was never seen again.

The Kings son, Crown Prince Nante took the Throne at the young age of 6 with his mother the Queen of Nord as Regent of the country.

The Queen is known to have been the more hand on ruler when peace was with the Kingdom and was also for a time the Spymaster for King, who has decided that you are to a lead secretive order to hunt down Cultist and Capture their leader Empress Justine The Drider.

Character Sheet is as follows:

1. Name
2. Gender
3. Occupation: You may choose to be a Warmage, Battle Priest, Paladin, or an Auxiliary.

Brief run down of the different classes.

Warmages specialize in magic and spells. They are also known to be part of many secret magical circles that only other mages know about. Rivalries between these circles is well known and it is proven that some circles openly supported Gulcasa because he himself was once a Warmage of high caliber. Warmages are constantly scrutinized by the Church and it's Battle Priests who carry out writs of inspection and sometimes execution. You will have the power, allies, rivals, and enemies.

Battle Priests specialize in combat with maces and holy cloth armor that prevents Unholy possession and mitigates attacks by those of tainted blood. The Priesthood is constantly in war with itself over doctrine and while you will be the Head of a Secret order you will have to play the religious politics of the church and it's Bishops. You may also be asked to carry out a writ on Mages who are suspected of heresy or by lords who would want their children blessed. The Job of the Priest leaves little left to be done.

Paladins are an order onto themselves. Holy men and women who take up the heavy holy armors and seeks justice against those who do harm to the innocent or corrupt thy neighbors. Paladins serve as the main infantry and calvary retinues of the Kingdom and are proud of their Martial abilities. They also have the power to close up cultist portals that let in demons along with battle priests. They do however, act independent of the Church of Novistrania. It is to be said that any who retire from the Order of Light must reside in a monastery for the remainder of their existence as to prevent them being captured by enemy forces. Paladins are by far the most celebrated heroes of the land and it is difficult for their presence to not inspire help.

Auxiliary are the conscripts of the land. You are the peasant who farmed or fished who is pressed into service to fight for your Lords. Auxiliaries are known to have do just about everything from setting up siege equipment, helping prepare spells, fight, clean up the camps, and die. This is the only profession that will not include outside duties like the above.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 03:22:40 pm by 3man75 »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Queens order (SG Based off History and Lordship)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 10:14:23 pm »

((Bump))

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 07:24:07 pm »

We are Rebecca Jönsson, a Female Paladin.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 03:44:14 am »

We are Rebecca Jönsson, a Female Paladin.
+1
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 01:20:43 pm »

((Okay if nothing changes then i'll just process Rebecca.))

January 1st

It was a long war and you have just returned to the capital after being summoned by the Queen-Regent herself. The messenger had no details other than the scheduled time and place. You wait a few hours until you enter the Queens chamber where she sits in behind a desk full of parchments with seals of red. You notice some to be from the Church of Novistrania and some from your order itself.

The Queen gives you a smile and asks you to sit opposite of her. She begins bluntly

"Defender of light and enemy of Darkness, Rebecca  Jönsson, As you know the war with Gulcassa is over yet there is still much to be done. Is widowed wife Justine is still without capture or purging. I have decided to commision a hunt for her capture or proof of her destruction with the reward being either Land, Honor, or a place in my court. Theirs a catch though. Justine has allies within the Kingdom, most being of the sepratist faction who converted from the Demon cults we fought.

I believe, as my spymaster does, that sympathies run high among some of its members. Which is why this mission is a private one you whoever you trust will take up. As a combatent of light i expect you to find her and i can point out only three leads..."

She stops briefly and pulls out an enclosed letter with the Seal of the Kingdoms spymaster.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Finally is your headquarters. I have arranged with your Grandmaster Diarow to allow you relocation but it is up to you where. I will provide you with an established house and some land. How you manage it is up to you but taxes. Oh, an just because you are a steward of lands does not mean you are not a paladin anymore. That is something i could not negotiate for you, as such you may be called away to missions unrelated to Justine.

I have three locations for you..

1. small fishing village a fair distance from the capital.

2. swamp area far from the capital.

3. Dry-Plains area away a short distance away from the capital.
"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Pick what you like. If you have any questions a short RP session will commence where you, the players, can suggest questions

For Example: "Your highness, why me?"))

((btw how do you put the two dots over the "O" funk?))
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 05:39:16 pm by 3man75 »