Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Meth Fortress  (Read 18297 times)

SlyStalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Always angry, all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Meth Fortress
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2014, 03:20:59 am »

Well, phosphate gas did happen in Breaking Bad, so yeah, probably.
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2014, 11:14:19 am »

Fumes evolved from the solvent mixture used (a mix of alcohol and diethyl ether) and some of the reactions early in the process are also a danger to poorly ventilated labs, and prolonged exposure can cause problems for people in the lab. Incidentally, some of these fumes are heavier than air, so they stick closer to the floor and often accumulate instead of filtering out of the room. They are also quite flammable. These fumes being ignited by pilot lights or other sparks is one of the main reasons meth labs explode.

You could make the production process a chain of steps (possibly in different workshops) and have the appropriate steps produce "lab fumes" which ignite very easily and also inflict mild syndromes on dwarves without adequate protection. Perhaps a workshop that transforms them into a "dwarf with a mask" that doesn't breathe. Other steps of the reaction could produce a boiling stone with a very high internal temperature that will ignite any gas still floating around. This wouldn't be any danger to players who take the necessary precautions (don't do both reactions at once, basically. I don't think gas hangs around very long in DF even if it doesn't have anywhere to go.)
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2014, 11:18:02 am »

Im interested in seeing what you can do, although I have no interest in running my own drug factory full of addicted dwarves.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SlyStalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Always angry, all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2014, 11:36:55 pm »

I just want to sell this stuff. Can't really be bothered to do anything other than the gas or whatever.
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2014, 11:51:53 pm »

Drugs are only fun in games for me if they have life ruining consequences, but to each their own.

You must hate DF haha, dwarfs literally require a constant supply of drugs to be functional at all.

I personally think it would be cool to mod fantasy drugs in, like 'sun shine' or smoking the inside of fluffly wamblers.

edit: Perhaps one workshop just generates smoke from a certain amount of plants, and that smoke has a syndrome - like a smoke hut.

Or perhaps some kind of dwarven peyote that would instantly trigger a strange mood.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:13:51 am by k33n »
Pages: 1 2 [3]