Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animal traps not in trading list @ depot?  (Read 666 times)

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Animal traps not in trading list @ depot?
« on: December 01, 2014, 01:41:23 pm »

I cannot for the life of me seem to get animal traps to show up in the screen to pick what items to haul to the depot to trade.  Is this planned behavior or am I doing something wrong?  My monarch just keeps demanding and demanding animal traps non-stop and I never use the things so they pile up.  And since sometimes they get made as masterworks I don't want to have to generate a bad thought by atom smashing it, so trading seems the logical choice.  But alas, show do they not.

Ives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Animal traps not in trading list @ depot?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 03:44:51 pm »

He probably forbid export of animal traps. Try turning off "culling on mandates" and then search for the traps. If they're purple color, some dwarves will get punished when the merchants leave the map.

Just press "s" and type "trap"

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 03:46:58 pm »

I was just coming back to say I was just dumb and indeed as you say, they were forbidding for export and I didn't know that made them not show in the list.  Once I hit m for culling the export list they popped up.  Of course I still can't trade em away without angering the queen, so meh.  Maybe I will anyway since it will only anger the queen vs smashing them with all those legendary level works giving bad thoughts to every person who made one getting squished into nothing.

Ives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 03:49:43 pm »

Make sure you have a jail, otherwise time-outs will automatically upgrade to beatings.