Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Are you moral?  (Read 18056 times)

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Are you moral?
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2014, 05:47:34 pm »

What is good? -- Whatever augments the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself, in man dwarf.

What is evil? -- Whatever springs from weakness.

What is happiness? -- The feeling that power increases -- that resistance is being overcome.

--Urist Nietzsche

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 09:29:14 pm by bahihs »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2014, 05:53:04 pm »

What is good? -- Whatever augments the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself, in man.

What is evil? -- Whatever springs from weakness.

What is happiness? -- The feeling that power increases -- that resistance is being overcome.

--Urist Nietzsche

lol.  Not untrue.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2014, 05:55:42 pm »

Am I moral?
Good sir, do you know where you are?
These are the Bay 12 forums.
We tossed morality out the window a long, long, time ago.
Regards,
Dampe

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2014, 10:41:22 pm »

Am I moral?

Unless of course someone has an idea on how to weaponize morality.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2014, 11:03:42 pm »

Am I moral?

I'm pretty sure we'll get there eventually. It'll probably end up looking like that old Monty Python sketch about the "world's funniest joke."
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 08:16:31 pm by Dampe »
Regards,
Dampe

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 02:49:18 am »

I just started a real try at playing adventure mode and I soon found that when I am fighting something that can't really hurt me much I will start to wrestle and bite it as I literally tear it limb from limb turning my victim into a unrecognizable mass of blood and gore. I even hold back from using my sword just to draw things out longer. If the game really rendered what I did with real graphics then I think it truly would be a horrific sight to see.

Based on that I think I might not be very moral.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 05:00:50 am by Shadow_Hornet »

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 09:44:18 am »

Based on that I think I might not be very moral.

In Dwarf fortress terms however, you're practically a saint.
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 01:06:33 pm »

Entirely. I don't go on killing sprees, and I try not to prolong an enemy's suffering. I do tend to butcher and occasionally eat my sentinent kills, though, so that might count against me.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 02:54:29 pm »

But let's face it, how much of this blood-sport isn't just to level up skills?

I think if skill increases were balanced, people wouldn't have as much incentive to be violent. Its not morals, its economics.

Conradine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2014, 10:56:06 pm »

Well, some historical figures already start religion wars, that is the closest thing to "weaponized morality" I can figure.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2014, 04:22:57 pm »

I try to avoid slaughtering the hapless, as a knight should. However, sometimes I'll accidentally ('accidentally') kill someone and go on a killing spree. Record is 700 or so sentient kills before dying, generally beating people to death with a chest then stuffing the chest with their body parts, until I have an overstuffed chest of tokens of slaughter (so no, not always moral).
I even avoid slaughtering animals, other than stray cows, wolves etc.
But night creatures and mega/semimegabeasts? Hoo boy. I beat them to death, gouge out their eyes etc.

So on a whole, I act like the stereotypical adventure-game protagonist *yawn* but then it's only been a few months.
thincake

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2014, 06:07:57 pm »

It depends where you sit, really. Usualy, i am not killing even sentient creatures who atacked me. If i can, i am just running away, when i can't or just doesn't want because i am with companions, i just beating them to uncorsious or forcing them to flee. My companions are killers, not i. Am i moral? No, i am robing those who tried to robe me. Just wresle out their weapons and shields, if i have better equipment, i just throwing it on tree or to river with hippos... or some other spots and go away, when They have better equipment then i and my companions... i just keep it.

I usualy play as peasant, who left his village because some crime. I do not know, he abused some woman, she beated up her father/mother or killed some noble. Sometimes They start adventuring because my last adventurer has been badly injured and... They giving him last blow into head or killing him without pain during his sleep and disapear (this is main reason why i play as elfes or goblins).

Humans usualy doing adventure like things. Is striping to naked enemies soo inmoral? Meybe, but this is usualy only way to force them to not chasing me when i allready beated them two or three times.

But my humans are most of the times focused on hunting down night creatures... then just settling in some nice hemlet or ruined city and because They are fameous, They are after some time leaders of fractions. Hunting for night creatures as peasent is nasty thing, you are fighting with opponents better than you, so a lot of flames is related there. A lot of gore and blood is related to hunting.

Vampires are just victims, in my opinion, so if They run away, i am leaving them (if They are not my target). If They not... i am collecting Theis blood and storing it in some easy to go place. I am tring to give them clear death, as fast as possible, just because They are more powerfull than i. Sadly, humans are not drinking from wells in towns, even if you wait there a lot of days, so there is no real way to spread vampirism.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Conradine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2014, 06:38:14 pm »

I don't believe in morality even in real life. XD

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2014, 06:57:44 pm »

Generally, I either go all "righteous warrior" and kill megabeasts, rescue people from invaded countries, and the like, or go "psychotic maniac" and try to conquer the world, swatting down lords and ladies like flies.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2014, 01:09:06 pm »

Generally, I either go all "righteous warrior" and kill megabeasts, rescue people from invaded countries, and the like, or go "psychotic maniac" and try to conquer the world, swatting down lords and ladies like flies.
Pretty much what I do, yeah.
thincake
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8