Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rubble and tilesets, Free porting done here :p  (Read 2304 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Rubble and tilesets, Free porting done here :p
« on: December 01, 2014, 02:51:06 pm »

Rubble recently received a MAJOR rewrite of it's tileset support.
The main change is that tilesets can now be patched onto existing raws (whether they were generated by Rubble or not), and even if the raws are modded it will still work fine.

This means that Rubble will be very useful for those who want to play succession games or the like, where the tileset used for the world may not match your favorite.

If any tileset authors want Rubble addon support for their 40.x tileset I will create it for you, IF you agree to maintain it (no running to me for updates all the time). If I make a change to Rubble that breaks something I will provide patches to fix what I broke, but other than that maintenance is up to you, the tileset author.

If you wish I will include .webload files in Rubble for any tileset addon (.webload files allow Rubble users to automatically download addons). Whether I created it or you did, all you need to do is provide the URL to a zip archive that contains the addon form of your tileset.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Rubble and tilesets, Free porting done here :p
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 03:50:42 am »

I am planning on maintaining mappings for Spacefox and Phoebus. I may miss tileset updates and the like, so if something changes in one of those tilesets and the Rubble changelog does not mention an update let me know in the Rubble thread.

The system for handling init changes will receive massive improvements in the next major version! So making Rubble tileset addons will soon be easier than ever :)
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 10:59:08 am »

Just wanted to say thank you kindly for the offer, and for the work on Rubble. If I needed to modify RAWs for my set I would take you up on the offer.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 12:30:18 pm »

If I needed to modify RAWs for my set I would take you up on the offer.

Well if you ever decide to modify raws the offer is there :p