Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: How did you die most recently: A History of Pointlessness and Awesome  (Read 9233 times)

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
Re: How did you die most recently: A History of Pointlessness and Awesome
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 08:52:16 am »

Just finished conquering a town that had quite a lot of resistance and training my armor user skill to the point where I wasn't weighed down when out of nowhere a demon made of blood appeared and after two shots I was unconscious then slowly beaten to death over what was probably a whole day in-game time.

Sounds like you met the local leader. He took issue to your beating his minions around...
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 09:50:05 am »

Just finished conquering a town that had quite a lot of resistance and training my armor user skill to the point where I wasn't weighed down when out of nowhere a demon made of blood appeared and after two shots I was unconscious then slowly beaten to death over what was probably a whole day in-game time.
That sucks. If you could've hit him he'd probably have died instantly, what with  being made out of blood and all that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Corinthian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 07:05:46 pm »

I've come near to dying of thirst at multiple points on account of waterskins apparently don't exist in whatever awful universe was created for me. But my most recent actual death was caused by gravity and physics, which is to say that I jumped down what was apparently a hollow shaft several layers deep into the earth, and exploded into gore upon impact with the bottom.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 07:29:47 pm »

I just accidentially drowned when I jumped into the water and realized that I was actually walking along the freaking bottom rather than swimming at the surface, lol.

Garrund

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 01:44:59 am »

After releasing several towns from theyr goblins gobernors I went to a Dark Fortress inhabited by a Demon, after a exchange of hits he blown my head with a punch.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2014, 05:00:43 am »

Webbed and eaten by giant cave spider.
()==[:::::::::::::>

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 07:03:12 pm »

After finding out a weremammoth was nearby, I waited and waited for it's night of transformation. I charged in and did my best to get bitten- but instead, it crushed my great armour user head in one hit.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 04:50:28 am »

Killed by a skeleton.
After I'd severed it's head and an arm with a scimitar.

Next attempt as a godlike axedwarf. started in a dwarf fort somewhere, no way out that I could find, nor could I find any locals to talk to. attempted fast travel, it worked.. kindof, went back to slow and found myself on an underground road. followed it untill I got attacked by a GCS, and died.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:56:12 am by se5a »

Moska1167

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 06:08:22 am »

I put a lot of work into building up the skills of one adventurer then retired him so I could built a fort. After accidently flooding my fort, I wanted to return to my adventurer but he wouldn't show up on the list. After checking Legends, I discovered he was killed by a goblin while I was building my fort. I was so surprised my adventurer would go off and get himself killed while I was in fort mode. The goblin killed quite a few other people in the town I retired at. Making it my duty to find this goblin and get revenge.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 06:21:08 am by Moska1167 »

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 11:55:52 pm »

I was walking over a frozen sea trying to get to the other side when suddenly the frozen water defrosted and froze over again and left me encased in the ice.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2014, 07:26:22 pm »

Fell off a cliff. I thought I could climb down it.
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2014, 10:07:28 pm »

Decide to sleep in the stairwell of a Dwarven Fortress for the night, knowing something will happen. I wake up to screaming and a giant brouhaha in the trade depot, with dwarves spitting at their leader, trying to climb the walls, and humans poking people with sticks. One notices me and chases me down the stairs, and I pull the classic "dodge while in unspeakably deep stairwell, forgot to set preferences" I spend the turns falling, testing the jumping and climbing system. I manage to repeatedly grab hold of the walls, but when I try to pull myself up or jump to the side, or do nothing, I fall again, implying DF has physics (would of been cooler had my arms ripped out of my socket though). I spend the flight trying to grab hold, jumping around, but mainly bouncing off of walls and prolonging the inevitable. The best part is while I have a nice conversation about the weather and state of the world with the bandit who knocked me off as I'm falling. FINALLY I reach the bottom, and get treated to a lousy breaking of my arm? I still die though, even though there is no messy explosion. I think it was because on the last z-level I grabbed hold then fell the last z. Weird shit, like the game acknowledges physics for once then is all "lolnope"
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2014, 07:45:51 am »

I manage to repeatedly grab hold of the walls, but when I try to pull myself up or jump to the side, or do nothing, I fall again, implying DF has physics (would of been cooler had my arms ripped out of my socket though).
Sounds like this bug actually.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2014, 04:12:58 am »

Conquered a vault, with a group of accomplished+ warriors. Yeah, we lost three guys, but the rest of use survived. Hurrah! Time to celebrate. Went to cross a river, hopped in, when a river otter hit me. I was knocked out. All that starry metal I was carrying is now with my deceased body, in a river...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2014, 05:48:18 pm »

I was trying out the new climbing and jumping mechanics, and decided to make an elf "ninja." I put all my skills into climbing, threw away the spear I started with and kept only my knife, leaped out of the tree I spawned in...and cracked my skull open on the ground below, killing myself instantly.
Regards,
Dampe
Pages: 1 [2] 3