Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How did you die most recently: A History of Pointlessness and Awesome  (Read 9218 times)

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you die most recently: A History of Pointlessness and Awesome
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2014, 09:56:32 pm »

Serves you right for being an elf. An acrobatics skill would be interesting though..
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

ShutUpWesley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2014, 02:22:37 pm »

My adventurer spawned in a keep (locally important human), but unfortunately for whatever reason the main hate of the keep was inaccessible from within. I came up with the brilliant idea of climbing to the top of the walls and jumping off... yeah.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2014, 05:15:01 pm »

Serves you right for being an elf. An acrobatics skill would be interesting though..
In my defense, elves have a naturally higher movement speed, if I recall correctly, and speed is important to a ninja.
Regards,
Dampe

Sheer_Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2014, 06:21:29 am »

Died by an arrow to the
wait for it
neck! Seriously I thought throwing was meant to be OP as shit but unfortunately my legendary thrower only managed to give his attacker slight bruises with the rocks I found. Is there something better to use as throwing weapons? I tried my copper spear but it was deflected.

Throwing just isn't as fun as it used to be :(
Breaking thumbs since 2013

NoDiamond2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2014, 10:45:13 am »

I tried to explore my first tomb. I thought, "Oh, I've never seen one of these before! I wonder what's inside?"

Immediate backfire. My lungs got damaged by a swing axe trap, then I suffocated on the dirty stone floor of some tomb while my companions watched in horror.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2014, 08:59:16 pm »

I tried to explore my first tomb. I thought, "Oh, I've never seen one of these before! I wonder what's inside?"

Immediate backfire. My lungs got damaged by a swing axe trap, then I suffocated on the dirty stone floor of some tomb while my companions watched in horror.

I loot tombs with utmost caution. I've never been killed or even injured by a trap, but the occupants of said tombs kill me without fail.
Regards,
Dampe

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 03:08:29 pm »

Died by an arrow to the
wait for it
neck! Seriously I thought throwing was meant to be OP as shit but unfortunately my legendary thrower only managed to give his attacker slight bruises with the rocks I found. Is there something better to use as throwing weapons? I tried my copper spear but it was deflected.

Throwing just isn't as fun as it used to be :(

Larger items seem to work well, heads of your enemies, body parts, that sort of thing. Also Bolts and Arrows can be thrown, that's also an option. Is there anyway to increase speed (other than dropping items), what is your speed based on now? It seems whether I sneak or not, speed remains the same.

I got killed by a camel, hoove straight to the head.

Legendary Emu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dig cisterns everyday
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2014, 12:37:18 am »

I attempted to level up my swimming skill. It was going well until I floundered in the water, and I thought it was gonna be okay.

Little did I know that I was swimming near a huge waterfall, and I fell to my splooshy death.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2014, 10:37:44 pm »

felt enough legendary for trying to kill a Roc, it seems i wasnt legendary enough and my companion was useless...

Geldrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2014, 06:27:56 am »

Started a new adventurer, then went to explore the caves, and found some crundles. I decided to take the opportunity to powerlevel on them,  so I grabbed four or five crundles, so they attacked me like crazy. Apparently, I was too greedy when I tought I could handle that many opponents at once. I became exhausted and finally passed out due to overexertion.

It seems if you're unconscious, you still have grip on the enemy. So the crundles couldn't break away, and continued their restless attack against me, continuously bruising, tearing, scratching and biting me. These attacks still increased my tiredness, so I had no chance to regain my consciousness. It took few minutes, but they eventually made me bleed out.

So don't get too greedy. Crundles will get you.

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2014, 07:33:45 am »

A spearman ripped my head off with his mouth and teeth.... "Urist McAdamantineTeeth,Spearman,cancels hunting:eating a dwarf's head"
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2014, 07:48:58 am »

It seems whether I sneak or not, speed remains the same.
A game day of sneaking everywhere (no fast travel) should improve your agility.
()==[:::::::::::::>

underking

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2014, 08:22:12 am »

Stabbed a troll through both legs and the upper body. Approached him as he lied on the ground, stabbed him through the chest again and boom. He punched my character to the head, which exploded in gore. My character fell unconscious and was then beaten to death.

Gameofthronish!
Pages: 1 2 [3]