Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Doctor Tesla I Presume? The Curious Expedition Now in Paid Alpha  (Read 3435 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Tesla I Presume? The Curious Expedition Now in Paid Alpha
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2018, 02:44:47 am »

I'm quite fond of the original... but this kind of puts me off.

Rather than set expedition lengths, I'd like to just continue indefinitely until somebody finds the pyramid/world resets, with uncapped leveling (though it does continue to take more and more exploration). After a while, you'll have friends in every village from the outpost to the pyramid. You'll speak a dozen languages, know every local custom; blend in, disappear. Be stuck speaking Ancient Greek.

Do you actually have the ability to change your starting/escape outpost from one to another? I wasn't able to, but I may just not have explored far enough to reach a new one.

Which also makes using your start position as a hub tricky; you'll drain it of resources in short order. Next time you retreat... there's nothing useful left!
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Tesla I Presume? The Curious Expedition Now in Paid Alpha
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2018, 04:47:16 am »

From quick glance (aka 3 hours  ::)), it does look like very simplistic singleplayer game, with big payers having some "bragging rights" for their money, and not much else. Eh.
The original is simplistic yet eeehh... not so simple. You have to be careful, balance risks and benefits, and know when to cut your loses. It's a great coffeebreak game, and surprisingly addictive. Found combat frustrating a bit tough.

Not really thrilled about multiplayer freemium games tho

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 [2]