Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Species* War Now Starting! 4 player competition game  (Read 19146 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check: Species* War
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 10:50:33 pm »

10 in game days sounds much too short for an adventure!
Maybe it's a matter of game play style. I don't fast travel much so 10 game days is probably three or four real days play time. One year of fortress game play is about the same. Your Mileage May Vary. In two game days you can (without using any exploits) bump two stats from Above Average to High and visit half a dozen sites or so.
()==[:::::::::::::>

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check: Species* War
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 05:13:23 am »

OK, we're getting ready for the first round. I think in each round the race (civilization) with the fewest active sites can go FIRST.

So we have...

Round 1
Turn 1
* Race: Goblins
* Civilization: The Parched Seductions (5 active sites)
* Player: Timeless Bob

Turn 2
* Race: Dwarves
* Civilization: The Esteemed Clasps  (6 active sites)
* Player: ptb_ptb

Turn 3
* Race: Elves
* Civilization: The Obeisant Orange (8 active sites)
* Player: than402

Turn 4
* Race: Humans
* Civilization: The Realm of Tours (10 active sites)
* Player: Broseph Stalin

Humans and elves obviously have an advantage here, but it remains to be seen how balanced the races are. It's still anybody's game at this point. I really want this to have a fast turn around (I think it will be more fun that way) so I'll throw a file link up for Timeless Bob as soon as I can. If anybody thinks that they may not be able to take their turn, please let me know as soon as possible.

GAME SAVE FILE: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10168
(includes DF 0.40.19 for Windows with Phoebus' Graphics Set and All Races Playable included)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 05:29:56 am by ptb_ptb »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Species* War Now Starting! 4 player competition game
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 02:47:35 pm »

PTW
can we get dwarf(or whatever else)ed in this?  or maybe name some heroic adventurer after me?  :D
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 02:50:17 pm »

PTW
can we get dwarf(or whatever else)ed in this?  or maybe name some heroic adventurer after me?  :D

Bug Timeless Bob if you want to be Goblin'ed. :P

People may want to keep their adventures quiet, though. After all it's a perfectly valid tactic to track down their fortress / retired adventurer and do unspeakable things to it / him.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 02:55:44 pm »

what, you mean no overseer logs and such?

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 03:10:05 pm »

what, you mean no overseer logs and such?

Overseer logs and such optional. I expect most people will do them, but it's not mandatory.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 03:25:16 pm »

i'll do them anyway. they are fun both to read and to write and add flavor to the game.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 10:58:12 pm »

This is intriguing. Let us try to predict who will win. Any guesses, ladies and gentlemen?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2014, 11:04:39 pm »

depends on start conditions, how far away  youcan settle, and how aggressive the civs are at ingame ai warring.

speaking of, can I propose xenopobic civs?  or at least gods or war and victory for all to encourage warring* and winning.  dwaves arent aggressive enough.

ohhh, what if players can mod a certain number of things!  like size or a notOPed interaction?!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:06:42 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2014, 11:30:34 pm »

When your turn rolls around, Bob, would you mind naming your adventurer/fortress leader Krenko?

Also, it seems as though we of Carnagecrafts have a tendency to follow each other. I will be watching.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 03:18:14 am »

depends on start conditions, how far away  youcan settle, and how aggressive the civs are at ingame ai warring.

speaking of, can I propose xenopobic civs?  or at least gods or war and victory for all to encourage warring* and winning.  dwaves arent aggressive enough.

ohhh, what if players can mod a certain number of things!  like size or a notOPed interaction?!

I think we'll save the tweaks for a second game, if the first gets enough interest. I'd like this to be something of a trial run.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Species* War Goblin turn 1
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 07:01:45 am »

Journal of Krenko Jackalmoon, the Ruthless Howls of Celebration, Goblin Hero

Day 1: Freed a little dwarf girl from the Slade Tower's dungeon and renamed her 'Red Sonja'.  She will become my protege if she survives the training.  Also, to ease my journey I've chosen to bring the Luscious Neblime Waspdread, a pleasure slave, with me to ease the solitude of my nights with her dancing and 'gracious hospitality'.
Red Sonja punched a honey-badger to death today, (with a little help from, Luscious Neblime).  The training begins...   

Day 2: 'Red Sonja' was struck down by the dwarven champion of Gorgestuck, so I slew him where he stood - I claimed the entire place in the name of Zokoulspa 'The Dominant Daggers', slaying all who felt that such a thing "must be avoided at all costs".  Soon enough, Luscious Neblime and I quit that charnel-house, but not before taking trophies of our kills.  We're heading south by the dwarven road to see if we can't conquer another of these Dwarven Fortresses.  Well, that was the plan anyway - I didn't expect to lose my own head to the mandibles of a Giant Cave Spider...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uflwjzlhr1wtrxk/Species%20War%20r1t2.zip?dl=0
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Species* War turn 2 (Dwarf)
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2014, 07:35:14 am »

[IC]As duly appointed representative of the Dwarf civilization these atrocities will not be allowed to stand unopposed![/IC]

/*/*/*/*/*\*\*\*\*\

Nice to see you're getting into the spirit of a goblin 'hero' there, Timeless Bob. Honestly, I don't know how well my chosen dwarf will do but I can hardly build a fortress after a challenge like that. :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:48:11 am by ptb_ptb »

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Species* War turn 2 (Dwarf)
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2014, 08:17:07 am »

Dwarf of Ostathdodok

Zon Kogansefol Fortress guard of Kikrost Lanternrenown in Flierbridge

Mid Spring 2nd Slate, 50

Day 1.
As I enter I see the fallen laying, bloodsplattered, across the hall. What monster could have done this? Some of the blood smells ... off somehow. Do goblins bleed differently to dwarves? Perhaps so. I warily make my way up towards the surface only to be attacked from the shadows. By Armok! It is, ... no THEY ARE undead goblin corpses! With unbelievable speed they brutally batter me with whatever adhoc items they have mindlessly picked up. A kangeroo leather cap is smashed through my ribs into my right lung and I am forced to the ground. I feebly fight back but ... all goes black.

Summary: Try not to start your adventure during a siege by the restless undead.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 08:20:52 am »

is the save up?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13