Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Species* War Now Starting! 4 player competition game  (Read 19144 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Species* War Now Starting! 4 player competition game
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2014, 08:26:12 am »

is the save up?

Wow, you're eager. It's 72.5% finished. I was just waiting for it to finish before sending you a PM. :)

[EDIT] OK, now it's finished.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10175
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:27:56 am by ptb_ptb »
()==[:::::::::::::>

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 08:27:53 am »

i asked because i noticed you updated the main post after writing your previous post, and there's a link there. take your time :)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 08:29:11 am »

i asked because i noticed you updated the main post after writing your previous post, and there's a link there.
Oh, right. Sure. The links in the main post are to any journals / reports the players choose to write. Anyway you should have that PM by now.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2014, 08:33:54 am »

ok, got the save.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2014, 09:55:50 am »

oh boy, elf fortress mode is hard and restricted, but hey! i have breeding pairs of lions and tigers on embark.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2014, 10:08:33 am »

oh boy, elf fortress mode is hard and restricted, but hey! i have breeding pairs of lions and tigers on embark.

It would be cool if you could take war tigers with you as an adventurer.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2014, 10:17:16 am »

we'll have to wait for mounted combat to implemented, however.

hooo boy, i may simply suck at it but the elf mode seems nigh unplayable. i'll clarify when my turn ends.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2014, 11:22:14 am »

Wow, so this is a race to see which specy can self-destruct the quickest huh?

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2014, 11:23:37 am »

yup. we're all doing greeeeat at the moment...

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2014, 11:26:52 am »

It's sad to say, but the humans are in the lead in terms of accomplishment and they haven't taken a turn yet!

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2014, 11:34:28 am »

yeah, 0>-1

i can't even brew wine and build a well, and in order to build my base i had to figure a way to cut some trees to at least have some space to build. that's right, i had to commit elvish heresy just to play the game. i rationalized it by the fact that i didn't actually cut them, i sheared them, but still... yeah...

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2014, 11:48:03 am »

i can't even brew wine and build a well, and in order to build my base i had to figure a way to cut some trees to at least have some space to build. that's right, i had to commit elvish heresy just to play the game. i rationalized it by the fact that i didn't actually cut them, i sheared them, but still... yeah...

Ouch. Actually you can make trees vanish without cutting them down. There's a trick (bug) to it. Just tell yourself you made them get up and walk away. I haven't tried playing Elvish with this mod. I did give goblins a go, but they seem to be pretty standard. Greener, nastier, smellier, dwarves who can't use steel.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2014, 12:03:34 pm »

that's exactly what i did. coincidentally, things went much smoother from this point onwards.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2014, 12:47:14 pm »

Letter to Aleya Spineador,Queen of The Obeisant Orange from Ririli Voicesparkles, leader of the Bent Skies:

28th Slate,50

Your highness, our expedition was a success. We have trekked the jungle for weeks and we finally found a spot fit for the new Retreat. It has a stream, plenty of plants and pleasant weather. We will name the new retread Coastalshin. As of now, food is no concern and the region will be safe enough due to the wildlife and the animals we brought. But we do need working hands. We must shape trees to make space for houses and also train a standing army. Nonetheless, we expect that securing and fortifying the region will not take more than a year.

From the Jounal of Ririli Voicesparkles:

28th Slade,51

This has surely been an interesting year. Those families that arrived surely made themselves useful, especially that weaver. That cloth piece he made was truly marvellous. Too bad it was stolen. Not from those kobolds, they fled the moment they were noticed (too bad, there were trained leopards behind the door and we could use some meat. And copper.) but from a bird. Nature gives, nature takes as my mother used to say. It was also sad that we couldn't retrieve epeve's corpse from the lake, though a wooden ramp is as good a grave as any. The warehouses and the workshops were finally completed yesterday, though the workshops could use a ceiling.

I also had several complaints about the lack of chairs and a well. I explained to them that i value a safe place to sleep more than a place to sit. What's wrong with a boulder anyway? What are you people, dwarves? And i won't build a well. Sorry, but the water of the stream is clean enough and we don't have the knowledge (or the materials) to build one.

Despite all these, however, i consider the colony a success. Now that word came out of how safe and prosperous this place is, i expect more migrants and, if we're lucky enough, human and dwarven caravans to export all this cloth we made.

EDIT: here's the save

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10177
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 01:13:48 pm by than402 »

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2014, 01:33:13 pm »

Just to be ominous for a moment, I've recently been experiencing problems with un-retired fortresses crashing. Hopefully the same thing won't happen here, but if it does, we may have to switch to adventurer only mode.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13