Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [DFHack plugin] Stockpiles Settings Management [v0.1 - 34.11, 40.16, 40.19]  (Read 20702 times)

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stockpiles Settings Management
a DFHack plugin by rmblr

A plugin for importing and exporting stockpile settings between saves.
the new load/save menu
loading a setting

This is a massive enhancement to the 'copystock' plugin. Now, in addition to copying settings between stockpiles in game, it can export the settings to a file in your DF folder and import them in again. This works even across worlds, saves, and operating systems.

Using this plugin you’ll save time creating your elaborate stockpile logistics flows and you can even share your masterfully crafted stockpile settings with other players.

Why?

Stockpiling behavior by players has been getting more and more complicated as the years go by. Persisting stockpile settings that are tedious to setup will make it easier for players to adopt more efficient, but complicated, stockpiling practices.

Moreover, this is an incredible improvement over macros. Macros are not only tedious but error prone and impossible to edit after the fat. Not to mention sharing them is cumbersome and fraught with other problems.

Changelog

Note Mac Users: Use fricy's MacNewbie Pack v 0.9.14!

Code: [Select]
* v0.1 (6 Dec 2014)
  * Fix quality initialization bug (thanks fricy!)
  * Add typing filter for loading settings
  * Many new stockpile presets!

* v0.1 beta2 (4 Dec 2014)
  * Fix a few crashes
  * Show user friendly error messages

* v0.1 beta (3 Dec 2014)
  * Initial release

How to install it

Go to the full documentation
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 04:35:10 am by rmblr »

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reserved for future repository of player submitted stockpile settings.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe I am missing something, or maybe you have to compile it yourself, but the dfhack thread only shows it supporting up to DF 40.16 currently. Does the current version of DFhack also support DF 40.19? Also, this plugin is a very good idea, it will be very useful.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does the current version of DFhack also support DF 40.19?

The released version is 0.40.16, but the 0.40.19 release is imminent. I've been using it the past day by compiling it myself. As soon as 40.19 is released, this plugin will work with it!

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've tried running this but it is for dfhack 40.16r0 and I'm on r1. Do I have options for resolving this? Thanks!
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New beta version!

Version 0.1 beta2

* v0.1 beta2 (4 Dec 2014)
  * Fix a few crashes
  * Show user friendly error messages

I've tried running this but it is for dfhack 40.16r0 and I'm on r1. Do I have options for resolving this? Thanks!

This should be fixed in this new version (0.1 beta2)

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫

Very nice addition to the stockpile plugin, the persistence of stockpile settings is critical to a FPS aware fort.

The problem of FPS decay is growing with the time and completeness of the simulation.

One of the things that have a possitive impact in the conservation of FPS is an adecuate use of quantum stockpile.

As of now to create a quantum stockpile we need to set exactly 3 times the same stockpile settings (one in the receiving stockpile, another in the hauling route and the last in the destination stockpile), this is somewhat cumbersome so...

A plugin that streamline the process of building or maintain a quantum stockpile should be very util, ideally with an unique entry point for the stockpile settings.

A possible shorcut to implement this with minimal work could be done enabling copy/paste stockpile settings from the route hauling stockpile definition, even if the possibility of hard linking them by stockpile name should be better.

For those that think that quantum stockpile are not here to stay I can only say that in a simulation you must abstract some things to have a working model, in our case a model that offers just enought FPS that people have the oportunity to enjoy the game.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:21:37 am by Abadrausar »
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you planning to add your plugin to the main DFHack repo?
Also I'm using a compiled-by-hand dfhack build for .40.19 (which I nickname r0 as opposed to the official ones r1/r2/etc.) and the plugin won't load because of the version string mismatch, which I feel is a bit silly. Is there any way you could remove that requirement (since I have no doubt your plugin compiled for your .40.19 build will work with mine) or post a link to the sources so I can compile it myself? Thanks in advance.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you planning to add your plugin to the main DFHack repo?
Yup, the pull request is waiting to be accepted.

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This should be fixed in this new version (0.1 beta2)
Works for me. Thanks, it will be very useful next time I need a magma-safe stone stockpile!
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Version 0.1 Released

* v0.1 (6 Dec 2014)
  * Fix quality initialization bug (thanks fricy!)
  * Add typing filter for loading settings
  * Many new stockpile presets!

Thanks, it will be very useful next time I need a magma-safe stone stockpile!

Ask and ye shall receive!

The new presets pack includes:

• Magma Safe Materials stockpiles
  • Gems sorted by value (Rare, Semi-Precious, and Ornamental)
  • Mech's fantastic presets for Better Quantum Stockpiling

Get the presets AND the new plugin version:

Stockpiles Settings Plugin v0.1
Stockpile Settings Presets v2

Also! This plugin is now included in the MacNewbie and PE's Windows Starter Pack for 0.40.19. The next release of DFHack should include it by default.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DFHack plugin] Stockpiles Settings Management [v0.1 - 34.11, 40.16, 40.19]
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 10:44:04 am »

The "l: Load/Save settings" option in the stockpile menu overwrites autodump's enable/disable option.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2014, 01:10:39 pm »

Ergh. I thought I'd fixed that. Will correct it ASAP. Thanks for notifying me.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2014, 01:49:46 pm »

You were probably thinking of automelt and autotrade, which are enabled by default. (Autodump's stockpile option is also relatively new - I recently merged it in when I was updating Falconne's plugins.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: [1] 2