Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you think its better to . . .

keep 2h weapon minsizes at 60k, so dwarves and goblins can use them
- 5 (45.5%)
Make goblins 62500cm, so that they can use the default 2h weapons but not dwarves
- 1 (9.1%)
Keep minsize vanilla, so that goblins and dwarves cannot use the 2h weapons
- 3 (27.3%)
Shrink dwarves some to make them unable to use the 2h weapons
- 0 (0%)
Shrink both goblins and dwarves
- 1 (9.1%)
Neutral option
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Momentousdomain: Atis goes for a Walk  (Read 12513 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Momentousdomain: the Adulation of Mouths
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 02:17:39 pm »

18Granite100

A001-04-01

Atis found the courtesy to visit the priest and the surgeon, informing them of how their plans had traveled to the bandits.  Shocked, they thanked Atis for her work, and directing her to the keep, asked her to inform the the Lord of the town.

The Lord of the town was a corpulent human by the name of Diciam Vobillocerete.  Accompanied by his own personal priest and two children, Diciam was found on the first floor of his multi-story keep.  The room was remarkably cool, no doubt because of its empty nature.  The Lord himself was strewn over a plush mat, with hands hedonisticly placed.  Atis was made quite uncomfortable by his gaze, but had two jobs to do.

-I am here to search your sewers for tax dodgers of The Bolted Arch, and to ask that you organize a convoy for taxes due the the great Kubuk Windclimates.
  ~Ahh, an official from the good king.  Its always such a . . . pleasure to meet such efficient dwarfettes.  It must be terrible for you, to travel in this heat like this.  Do come sit with me
  -I am afraid I must be about my work, Lord.  I would like to check the sewers for these taxdodgers.
  ~If there are any in the sewers they are no citizens of ours.  I would ask that you bring me the head of any you find, save the guard by the door.
  -Aye.  I'll be on my way, Lord.  You are most generous with your hospitality.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the sewer, Atis found several grates she could not lift.  There was more to this!  Why wasn't she able to get in?  Bah, well, no matter.  A search of the areas she could access soon turned up a captain of a bandit crew.  This must be the second in command!

Sneaking up to it, Atis Chopped off its hands.  The intention was to train her armor using up without the pesky wrestling, but the merlock captain proved too frail for that.

Taking the iron face mask from her foe, Atis drops the taxes off with the Lord.  Carefully avoiding his advances, Atis gave him some gold to cover the cost of sending what she could recover back to her King.

---

On her way out of the city, Atis finds a weaponsmith's shop.  Perhaps this civilization had mastered the art of steel?  Perhaps, more likely, it had been taught by a kind dwarven smith.  When the relationship between dwarf and man had reached a certain level, such gifts were sometime granted.
  Inside, a human child apprentice was busy fetching coal for a dwarf smith.  Ahh.

-Hello, brother!
  ~Enh?  Oh, by me! How are you, sister!  I've not seen too many dwarves in quite a few years!  What brings you here?
  -I came on King's errand.  My business is finished, but I was hoping to find a steel axe for protection purposes.
  ~A fine request, but I have to wonder why you came to a human town for that.  Good thing I am here though; herh!
  -So you have some steel then?
  ~alas, no.  Human quarries are so fickle, what with their inability to make proper mines.  Iron will have to do, and these folk don't like axes.  The prefer their scimitars for some reason.
  -Hunh.  I must be off.  I was recommended to meet with the Lady of this kingdom, Imam Ibullipata.
  ~Hooh, do not keep that one waiting.  A nasty temper on her.  Good luck, sister!  Send my greetings to my brother Zon Realmsholded for me, should you see'em!

Bidding the smith farewell, Atis continued on her way, the dusk setting in as she approached the Unbridled Tomes of Grassthunders.  What a name for a villa.  Horses grazed about the entrance, more likely pets than work or even recreational creatures.

Inside, the Imam awaited.  Being so close to dusk, the Imam had taken her leave for the night, however Atis was offered asylum as well as the Lady's condolences.  Atis was to sleep here for the night then.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 06:24:12 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Momentousdomain: the Adulation of Mouths
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 06:43:02 pm »

19Granite100

A001-04-02

Atis awoke before dawn, as was her custom.  She walked outside, where the humidity already promised a scorching day.  Picking up 161 rocks, Atis knapped each one and threw them at spots along the ground.  Good.  now she felt skilled in both knapping and throwing.  And felt her attribute tiers increase.

Once inside again, Atis waited for the Lady Imam to wake up.  the Lady took her time, likely even forgetting she had a guest until she arrived to her rose gold throne to oversee her kingdom.
The Imam wore a leathery, worn face.  Hardened by trauma and stress, the face spoke of a less noble past, one troubled by common problems.  The hair of her head was completely covered by a pearl-white headdress, embroidered with gold trimming and 4 small sapphires, one for each of her decades of rule.  Her robe was also a pearl color, trimmed with blue thread and held in such a way as to completely flatten her breasts, assuming they still protruded in any noticeable way.  At the age of 71, Atis found that humans tended to come to the end of their life-cycle, preparing to turn the world over to their children rather than accentuate their vitality.

-Lady, I come to you bearing news of Bora Grieveddour's death.  I also bring you greeting on behalf of The Blotted Archs.
  ~ahh, it is good to see the young so full of vitality!  And strength too, no less!  What can I do for you?
  -I was asked to pay respects to the human's quite capable leader.  For the last 40 years, the humans under you have lead a prosperous existence and consolidated the respect of the dwarves.
  ~So they have.  We thank you for your people's kind words.  I wonder  . . . [Imam's eyes scan over Atis with careful regard] Would you be willing to do a favor to my people?  We have this, one of the best artifacts our people have to offer, should you succeed.

[A great steel axe is brought forward, decorated with wood and depicting various humans building a city]

-It is quite nice, and the steel is proper.  What is it that you'd ask me to do?
  ~We have been accosted by many of the same monsters as you.  Lantern Rainybreaches the Carmine Times is one of those monsters.  Please travel to the place of her lair and slay her.  The cyclops can be found in *The Ivy of Brightness.
  -I can do this, for our honor and your gracious gift.
  ~Then I shall also bestow upon you the title of Honorary Lady of The Velvety Realm.

Taking the steel great axe in her hands, it proved almost too heavy at first.  This was a human weapon, its blade as large as her torso, and yet she managed it.  True, craftsdwarfship was infinitely superior to the human's, but the dwarves had no way to mass produce these giant blades, making it a prize indeed.

Taking her leave from the Lady, Atis reflected upon her new status.  It really fit her new name, and it all was a part of her new lifestyle!  Such great things were happening to her!
Spoiler: skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 07:01:13 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 09:27:25 pm »

19Granite100 - 21Granite100

A001-04-03

Traveling South, Atis spends the night in a dwarven hillock of Hallbust, the most southern hold of the dwarves.  Stopping for a lunch at an evil lake, Atis was slightly disappointed to find no like whatsoever on the shore.

The next night, Atis took refuge in the hillside hamlet of Lizardlures.  Built into a steep hill, Atis felt more at home than she cared to admit.
In the morning Atis talked to a local mercenary, a hammerdwarf lass with a steel shield.  Her fee was steep, claiming her obvious dwarven superiority over the general human populace, but Atis figured she could stand a expense in the name of safety.  It seemed that Tax collection was dangerous work.  Ushrir 'OchreBreed' Nokimtegir became the sworn bodyguard of Atis Coppersink, wielding a steel hammer and shield.  It was good to have a friend with her.

Taking the hospitality of the local Lords, Atis was comfortable enough.  One the third day, Atis arrived at her target:
Atis and Ushrir had arrived.  Lantern Rainybreaches the Carmine Times the cyclops lay within.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:16:07 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 09:42:00 pm »

21Granite100

A001-04-04

Atis slunk into the lair, its entrance nothing more than a crudely dug pit.  The cyclops was in the corner, poking at the walls with it chubby fingers.
  Was it trying to draw?!  Awwwww, that's so sweet!  It would be a terrible shame to kill it without it noticing us.

Wailing her best warrior scream, Atis shouted
  -I am Atis Coppersink, Slayer of Bora Grieveddour!
charging with steel axe out.

The cyclops responds in time to see the first attack:
  ~You are a dangerous animal!
  ~I must withdraw!

Fleeing up its crude sloped entrance, the cyclops takes axe wounds to the shoulder and a hammer to the nose, bloodying her body and leaving a trail for  Atis and Ushrir to follow.  Sprinting after it, the pair manage to catch up to it just as they begin to tire.

-[panting]

With a desperate slash, Atis cuts the tendon of the cyclops' heel, crashing it to the ground.  Climbing on top of it, Atis strangles it, paying no regard to her companions attacks on the beast.  It suffocated, with little more than an attack thrown against Atis or Ushrir.

+  Was . . . was that the terrifying monster they say killed 22?
  -[panting]  I  . . . I think so.  but it wasn't aggressive to us at all.  ??  Lets just get back.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 03:58:49 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 03:48:34 pm »

21Granite100

A001-05-01

Walking slowly back to the crude lair, Atis searches it for loot.  The only items of note in the pit were a bloodied waterskin and a very small copper cap.  What critter that much smaller than a dwarf can use metal?  Well, copper is pretty worthless, best leave it there.

Traveling north through The Pure Desert, Atis and Ushrir come across a camp in the wilds.  This wasn't on any map they had seen, a cause for some concern.
  Sneaking into camp, Atis finds most of the occupants asleep.  On the crown of the dune, 3 merlocks stood, discussing some plan.  Atis hails them, Ushrir behind her.

-Hail!  I am Atis Coppersink the Tin Adulation of Mouths!
  ~Enh?  Why are you here! [The leader responds as the two with him reveal themselves as wrestlers]
  -I come from the nearby lair of the cyclops Lantern Rainbreach.  She will trouble the area no more!
    [The leader considers this for a moment, as if trying to figure out if he was to be murdered by this adventurer and his loot stolen.]
  ~I am Casser ArmorNourish.  I am Overlord here.
  -I see

Atis eyed the loot that was scattered about the campsite.  These creatures were rich, sleeping on padded mats and using metal tables to eat from.  The bags they used for their treasure were overflowing, hundreds of copper coins spilling out of them and onto the rugs they placed them on.  These men could afford to start a war, or come damn close to it.

-We mean no trouble, we came only to inform neighbors of the monster of our feat.
  ~Aye, and well you have done.  You will excuse us, we don't usually get visitors here.  We cannot offer you much hospitality.
  -Fine.  May we barter?
  ~For what, exactly?  I always welcome a chance for trade.

Atis and Casser traded:  Atis' iron dagger (2x) and some gold coins for a tea wood crutch and a steel slicing knife.  A fair enough tade, considering merlock armor was simply too big to use.

Packing up their things, Atis and Ushrir bid farewell, happy to not have to fight the 10 bandits in the camp.  What else could they have been, with so much wealth so far from civilized comfort?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:37:27 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2014, 05:29:59 pm »

21Granite100 - 24Granite100

A001-05-02

Traveling north along The Road of Flickers, Atis and Ushrir arrive at The Unbridled Tome on Granite 23 to spread the good news:  Lantern RainBreach the Carmine Times was dead.

Imam was ecstatic, organizing a lunch for the group.  Conversation was pleasant, but Atis felt a need to get home.

On their way past Alliedtired, Atis purchased 20 cave crocodile steaks from a foreign food store.  Given their offering of troll cubes, Atis was certain it was for merlocks.  Yuck.

Once the road ended, Atis and Ushrir traveled north-northwest, hoping to cut off time on their way to Flickerbridges, Atis' home.  This thought of home cued Atis to ask of Ushrir's.
  Ushrir has a husband, Mosus, and 6 children.  4 of them died fighting monsters Atis had never heard of before; and that's when Ushrir informed her that she was from The Lens of Quandaries.
Spoiler: Ushrir has noble blood (click to show/hide)

WHAT!!! That's half a world away!
  Atis knew Ushrir was from another civilization, but not that she was completely foreign to these lands.
Hailing from Conjureshield, a small fortress on the edge of a desert, Ushrir followed her parents tradition of wandering before settling.  It just that she got lost in the beauty of the scantly settled southern-lands and ended up here.  Her youngest child was 17 or so by now, and she had no interest in returning home, except to see her husband, a hunter.
Spoiler: Conjureshield (click to show/hide)

Ushrir's companionship meant that much more then, for the distance suggested divine intervention.  Offering thanks to Atis'ss deity Tholtig, Goddess of fortresses, Atis and Ushrir cemented their bonds.

The merriment ended, however, when Atis and Ushrir came to a choice.  They were to either go around the misty lake to the east or go through the loathed evil mountainside, The Horns of Brutes.

East and backtrack . . . or west into possible (un)death . . . ?  She would flip a coin for all she knew of the area.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 05:50:32 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 07:04:25 pm »

24Granite100

A001-05-03

Deciding to take the short route through the Horns of Brutes, Atis and Ushrir head west.  The ground browned as the grass died and the soil hardened into a chalky texture.  Then, as the terrain began to drift upwards, the grass stopped, replaced by dead tendrils and lifeless eyeball-plants.  [Crunch, crunch, crunch] Creepy plants, dead and dry despite the rain.  Atis wasn't sure if she was happy they were dead.  The rain tasted like water, so what killed the plants . . . ?

+Let's not find out what killed these plants, yes?  We might not like our answer if we dally.

Ushrir was clearly thinking the same thing.   An eagle off in the distance crawwed, an eerily scratched sound.  Looking up to spot any giant ambushers, Atis was pulled by the shoulder to the ground by Ushrir suddenly.

+Look, about 4 Urists off the ground, over there.
  -Ohh my . . .  What is wrong with it?

The eagle was half bone.  Its flesh was peeled off in several areas, and its feathers were matted and pulled up over the length of its wingspan.  that thing could not be alive.

Standing up, Atis beckoned to the eagle.
  -come and fight me!  I've put down uglier than you!

Pulling the great axe from it strappings, Atis ran forward, Leaving Ushrir cursing behind her.  The eagle was unable to put up a proper fight, but as an abomination it was wholly unpleasant to fight.

When that was dispatched, Atis and Ushrir decided to sneak their way through the Horns, for eagles may be solitary, but other beasts may not . . .
  Weaving around a few packs of diseased-looking keas, Atis and Ushrir clear the barbs, laughing and cheering themselves on.  It was a grand sight . . . until a giant shadow passed by overhead, heading from the east . . .

Diving to the ground, Atis shouts
  -Giant Falcon!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:59:30 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 07:51:47 pm »

24Granite100 -25Granite100

A001-05-04

The undead falcon missed its intitial dive, shooting into some trees.  The sound of breaking branches could be heard as the falcon brutes its way through the upper branches.  Drawing their weapons, the pair waits for the creature to free itself from the treeline.
  Flying down to ground level, the falcon attempts to grab Atis with its outstretched wings and fly away with her.

The creature, now wingless from well-aimed hacks of the axe, fell towards Atis, whose instinct to dodge out of the way may well have saved her life.  The undead bird smacks into the ground, where a final axe swing finishes the struggle.  Atis butchers the undead falcon, salvaging 2 meat chunks from it.  Turning to her friend, Atis exclaims:

-That wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be!
  +. . . Wahhhoowww!

Atis finds that Ushrir's lower lip is shredded and will likely never heal quite right.  What a terrible fate!
  Atis tended to her friend's injury as well as possible, eating up a large part of their day.  At night, they crossed a river and made camp.
Spoiler: Ushrir's decription (click to show/hide)

Atis looked at her friend's lip.  A massive, jagged scar now streaked across Ushrir's chin, a mark to take home to her husband.  It was a shame Atis thought, drifting off to sleep . . . and waking up to a dingos howl.

A pack of dingos came, from the south, no doubt brought by the promise of blood.  Their breath poured out visibly into the moonlight as it met with the freezing air.  With several yips, the lead on charges into Ushrir, who responds by crushing its skull.  The battle was on.

The beasts got several attacks in for each one the companions did, sometimes breaking the skin, other times uselessly dangling off of a cloak or the leather of a glove.  They seemed absolutely determined to win, but against steel they stood no chance.  Atis butchered one of the dead, and shared the meat before drifting off again for the night . . .
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:05:54 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 05:02:37 pm »

25Granite100 - 26Granite100

A001-06-01

When Atis woke up, her wounds were beginning to scab.  After she got a drink of water, she noticed the scabs were gone, replaced by scars, covering her hands.
  hunh.  Dingoes really tried to eat her.

Traveling northward, they stop at the base of the mountain.  To the east was Flickerbridge . . . And an odd clearing in the trees.  Walking cautiously to the edge, Atis sees bones scattered over the area, and a nest off to one side.  This was a lair!  But, for what . . .

+That!  [pointing]

A tyrannus stood just behind some shrubbery, staring at the companions with its head cocked slightly.  Was it sizing them up or mocking them?
  Waving her hand at it, Atis tried to draw it into the clearing.  It simply stared at her, its breathing regular and calm.

What over Obuk is wrong with that thing?
Atis did a small shuffle, a dance and jig with her axe, and, as a last attempt, drove the axe into the soil and skipped around it
  +Let's just move on.  It doesnt want to trouble us.
  -Not so Likely.  That thing is responsible for troubling my civ.  My kin were killed by it, and I will see to it that it is ended for it.  Look [points to the nest]  she's had babies.  We are doing this world a favor.

Ushrir looks at the tyrannus tenuously.
  +No.  Im leaving.  She isn't harming us, and we're skipping on her doorstep.  [Walks off]

With Ushrir gone, the monster seemed stimulated.  She walked into the clearing, snorting gently.  Posturing herself above Atis, she opens her mouth - and tries to take a bite out of Atis.

-Bloody Bomreks!  Get back here, Ushrir, and make your coin!

Having confirmed hostile, Atis slices at the tyrannus' legs until it collapsed.  Moving up to its neck, Atis slashed at all the arteries she could remember.  The creature died as Ushrir entered the clearing.

-Not hostile, she says.  Just trying to live, ehh?  She just tried to get her supper!
  +Relax, I apologize.  Its done now.  What do we do with the body?
  -[strokes the fuzz over her check] We will take it to my King.  The skull will make a fine present.  We are heading to DanceAxe instead of Flickerbridges.

The travel took one extra day, Atis and Ushrir sharing the burden of the beast's bones, fat, skull, skin, and meat.  They arrived on site and prepared to plod into the Hall.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 11:46:13 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2014, 11:57:57 am »

26Granite100

A001-07-01

Heading into the Depot, Atis trades 400 meat, 220 bones, the skin, and the 90 fat for iron armor; almost a complete set.  With iron greaves, legging, low boots, gauntlets, and a mail shirt.  Atis opted out of the breastplate due to weight concerns, and already had an iron helmet.

Equipping all her new armor, Atis reconsiders, and hands Ushrir the iron greaves and bbronze breastplate.  Payment, for certain.  She was much better protected, but both faced serious speed inhibition, Atis feared.

Venturing inside, Atis dropped the Skull of Koro.  It weighed over 400 urists, and travel with it was slow.  The first civilian area was full of barons and counts, all present for some bureaucratic reason or another.  It was only under the caverns where the King was located; surrounded by doctors, lawyers, and counts.
Atis had to retrieve the skull and plod down to him.

The king was well fortified, behind numerous military dwarves.  Even speaking to him was a measure of your social status.
  ~His majesty Kubuk Windclimates is not taking peasants today.  We are authorized to handle any concerns you could have.
  -I am here about this [presents skull]
  ~!!  I'll discuss the matter with his advisers.

Atis was at last given admittance to the king.
  -Your majesty!  I-I'm humbled to be in your presence! [does a courtesy without fabric]
  ~Ahh!  I hear that you have brought news of the world to us, and even proofs.  Would you care to entertain me with your story?
  -Most certainly.  My name is Atis Coppersink the Tim Adulation of Mouths.  I am but a young Server for His Grace.  While successfully collecting taxes from dodgers, I have slain 3 monsters of note, and meet with the Queen of the Velvety Realm.  I bring tidings from her, and present this axe which she has gifted me for a service unto her.
  ~You . . .  you have most busy.  Tell me the whole story.

Atis recounted her story from her first notable kill to the tyrannus Koro whose skull the king now held.
  -Koro no longer stalks the land, and I hope the head will prove a fitting gift, Your Majesty.
  ~Indeed.  If you would be of service to your kingdom, I would have you hunt a beast.  The bronze Collossus *Battle Conflictsword the Dutiful Fist has killed 12 and troubled half the civilized world.  Killing him would elevate us further.  He is located at his shrine Steruszagod Elbel Zatam.
  -My king.  I will travel to the shrine *Drivengrip the Renown of Clouting to the north and slay him, in the name of you and our people.
  ~Farewell, Atis.  And, see if you cant settle that matter of your contested nobility.  We cant have a conflict of interest.
  -Aye, my King.  Fare thee well.

Atis had been given her orders, from the king himself.  She wasn't sure how she felt, killing a monster instead of getting taxes, but perhaps he recognized her potential in other areas?  Atis wasn't sure she wanted to be a professional killer . . .

With a speed of less than %50 her usual, Atis decided she needed more training before using her new armor.  Informing Ushrir to rest and relax, Atis head off into the wilds alone to train . . .

---
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 12:12:34 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2014, 01:41:18 pm »

26Granite100 - 27Granite100

A001-07-02

Atis crept through the muddy underbrush.  Springtime was never a time of particular beauty around the mountain; being largely wet, cold, and slow to come.
  The stream was liquid during the day, and fish were beginning to return.  Jumping into the river, Atis grabs a passing snapping turtle, clutching its tail and letting it flail against her body.

Spoiler: Too much flailing! (click to show/hide)

Crawling out of the river and away from its wrath, atis is relieved to not be dying.  She walked off the pain and returned to the stream to repeat the process with an alligator snapping turtle.  This one put up more of a fight, but failed to bruise Atis' internal organs.

When the Sun began its descent, Atis left the water and began hunting the countryside.  Deer, raccons, and ravens prowled.  Atis did not get more training in combat before heading back to DanceAxe for the night.

The morning brought more birds.  Atis swallowed her fears of maiming and  grabbed at them in the most dwarven way possible:
Arrhh!  I do hope that doesn't leave a scar!
Spoiler: Skills and scars (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Attribute Tiers (click to show/hide)
  A pack of ravens received similar treatment, letting them tire herself out before being put out of their misery.  Deer were too big to be considered safe, although not for lack of trying.
Coming back for midday meal, Atis informed Ushrir that they leave after she got sterilized.  Dirty critters.

Spoiler: Kills (click to show/hide)
  Atis' kill list has filled out a little.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 01:50:14 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2014, 03:02:38 pm »

27Granite100 - 01Slate100

A001-07-03

The travel was quick and cold.  Spending a night in one of the outlying hillocks, Atis and Ushrir refreshed their knowledge of the elves who called northern regions of The Safe Forest home.  The two civilizations were distinct only in which God they worshiped, sharing nearly all else.  They had common land, tactics, animals, and enemies, struggling together and almost constantly at war with the various races around them.  Although The Blotted Arch hasn't had a war with them in over 40 years, relations were very cool between the two.  Especially since dwarven pride was hurt by losing both wars.
  Yes, the elves had repelled dwarven advances twice, with the more warlike True Oranges doing so multiple times    Still, poor relations is not a dwarven reason for war.  The elves were cannibalistic, and that was the reason for the wars.  To eat a dwarf . . .

The next day, Atis and Ushrir set out, only to get ambushed by wolves outside of town.  The wolves went down quicker than the dingoes, and without injury the team went on.  They passed several elven retreats of no importance.  They stopped for a late midday meal, and did have some conversation . . .
  An elf called Atis a killer for defending herself against the wolf attack.  Did they think nature was to let the critter eat you?!

On the dusk of the first of Slate, Atis and Ushrir crept to the edge of the shrine.  Should they risk ambush and camp for the night, or kill the creature in the dark?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:26:58 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2014, 03:56:29 pm »

01Slate100

A001-07-04

Atis approached the shrine, creeping slowly.  The colossus was there, staring blankly at a human skeleton.  hmmm.

The colossus was quick to sense Ushrir, who turned tail and fled.  Atis rolled her eyes a little.  She couldn't help it.
  Again?

Dropping the tyrannus meat into a bag, and the bag onto the ground, Atis draws her weapon, comes out of sneaking position, and shouts.
  -I am Atis Coppersink, who killed the Tyrannus Koro!
  -Prepare to Die!

Atis swung at the living statue, fracturing feet and denting its thigh.  The colossus was much faster than she expected, but it was so big it seemed incapable of the fine movement required to hit her.  Her skilled dodging and talented armor user see her through the conflict, and the steel axe 'mostly cleaved through the rest of the lower body'.
It was dead, and not much of a challenge.
  Ushrir wasn't performing her duties as bodyguard well, was she?

Looking at the remains of the creature, Atis admired how it seemed to form perfectly to its old wounds, creating an image that was not the thing she fought.  Look, there, that segment was where she shattered the surface of the thing.
Spoiler: Ant Statue (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:05:20 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Momentousdomain: The Sewers Collapse like Ushrir's Bravery!
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2014, 09:42:49 pm »

01Slate100 - 06Slate100

A001-07-05

Grabbing the ant statue in one hand, Atis shoves it into he backpack, Grunting as she straps it to her back.
  -Let's get going, Ushrir.

The walk back was uneventful.  Arriving at the Depot, Atis buy an iron breastplate, greaves, and an iron mail shirt.  She gave the shirt and breastplate to Ushrir, and wore the rest.  Atis also sold off the extra 20 tyrannus meat.  Ahh, to be back to full speed again!  So lithe!

Visiting the King once more, Atis informed him that she was going to settle her contested rulership before returning for more work.  Atis headed back towards The Unbridled Tome in Grassthunders.  On the way, a pack of hyenas attack.
  -Help me fight the pack off!
  +I must withdraw
  -Arrrggh!
Atis slaughters the hyenas, with Ushrir returning to get her arm gnashed.  She drops her hammer, which Atis returns to her after the fight.
  -You're not carrying your weight.
  +I am doing my best!
  -Are you?  You've run from the last 2 fights!
Atis didn't want to yell at Ushrir; she was just showing too much fear.  One day Atis will need support, and Ushrir wasn't inspiring confidence . . .

In Alliedthunder, Atis and Ushrir witness the sewer collapse!
  The sewer fell in upon itself, and the townsfolk were uneasy about it.  Atis told Ushrir to wait topside and climbed down.

It was massive down there, just as Atis had suspected.  And did it ever stink.  Atis refused to get into the water when she didn't have to instead content to ensure no monsters were lurking.
  Climbing back topside, Atis could not find Ushrir.  Where did she go?  Was Atis to hard on her?  Oh gosh.  Well, she knows where Atis was headed . . .

In Grassthunders, Atis settles in to have a talk with Imam . . . And retires for a while.

Spoiler: Final Kill List (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 11:00:28 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Momentousdomain: The Sewers Collapse like Ushrir's Bravery!
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2014, 09:47:45 pm »

Intermission 01

-And I want to do a fort now.  I don't have anything special in mind . . .

Spoiler: where ai Atis went (click to show/hide)

Atis still has the Terrify interaction from the Gobbos active on here?

Looking over the histories, several wars continue, a couple of sites get taken, and Poisonbee Gets assaulted by *The Evil of Tongs.  Poisonbee . . . poisonbee . . . The Necromancer Tower!!?
And congrats, we have whats likely our first crash-bug of the world.  Ill be reporting this. Ill be checking it out first thing I do.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 11:01:08 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5