Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you think its better to . . .

keep 2h weapon minsizes at 60k, so dwarves and goblins can use them
- 5 (45.5%)
Make goblins 62500cm, so that they can use the default 2h weapons but not dwarves
- 1 (9.1%)
Keep minsize vanilla, so that goblins and dwarves cannot use the 2h weapons
- 3 (27.3%)
Shrink dwarves some to make them unable to use the 2h weapons
- 0 (0%)
Shrink both goblins and dwarves
- 1 (9.1%)
Neutral option
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Momentousdomain: Atis goes for a Walk  (Read 12431 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Momentousdomain: The Sewers Collapse like Ushrir's Bravery!
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2014, 12:09:32 pm »

20Slate100
Spoiler: Name (click to show/hide)

A002-01-01

Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)

Sluste 'Truecleared' Cusalilid woke up to the cool Spring Sun.  Today he felt like traveling.  As if possessed by some force beyond him, Sluste goes through his neighbor's clothing cabinets, taking out the best fitting and most protective leather he could find.  One had a pig tail fiber headdveil, and Sluste spat at him.  Merlocks don't use crops!  Wussy Dirtdigger . . .
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With his armor secured, Sluste left the hillock of PortentStalked without speaking to a soul.  Once outside of town, a merlock ran after him, a longsword drawn.  Most merlocks don't take theft kindly.
  They also don't take getting lashed in the chest kindly either.  Sluste lashed his head until he stopped moving, and continued on his journey.  The tower of Poisonbee loomed in the distance.  There were rumors that the Law-Giver condoned the foul activities there.  Most recent reports that the goblins had recently cleaned the tower out, as well.

Spoiler: Tower and interest (click to show/hide)
  Posionbee, why was he drawn there?  It was a terrifying place, where the dead fought back against those who would eat them.  Stopping to review his inventory, Sluste feels today was going to be insightful, if not a little scummy.

Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:33:19 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2014, 12:42:09 pm »

20Slate100

A002-01-02

Sluste started with the point of interest north of the tower.  A camp, full of goblins.  Those scum.  Sluste was going to kill them, but the zombies in the tower seemed to sense his presence, and Sluste slunk off.  When he crept back, the zombies were in the tent.

Creeping around the south side of Poisonbee, Sluste, creeps back and forth, trying to draw out the zombies.

Sluste got too cocky for his own good.  He never did have much practice sneaking about.

Sprinting away, Sluste managed to shake all of the zombies, except 1.  Turing about, Sluste faces him with a bravery he didn't have.
  It kicked his head until he died.  Except it wasn't real.  He was still scoping out the camp.  Meta-gaming is hard to explain.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 06:40:55 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2014, 07:01:55 pm »

20Slate100

A002-01-03

Sluste died several more times that day.  It hurt, every time, but after the 3rd or so, the smell stopped being so bothersome.  The smell was always there; but the death only came when the was feeling careless.

He learned to trust the guiding force; for every time he acting of his own will, it ended up killing him.  Better to just let the outside force control his actions.

Sluste learned much about zombie ways

He learned how to sneak

How to run.

How to hide

In the end, his instincts to give control of himself over proved to provide him with more power than he could have hoped.

A book on sleeping taught him much about how the dead weren't really dead.  They just lacked the will to move.  Like he now did.

He told a nearby zombie of his revelation.  And he was suddenly free.

He went back to PortentStalked, and thought about what this meant . . .
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 07:10:53 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2014, 07:02:45 pm »

Intermission 02

-I originally was going to let him die horribly and be done with it, but I rather like the idea of seeing how his claim and powers will be used.  I hope the answer isn't 'not at all'.

Spoiler: ai Sluste went to (click to show/hide)

---

Im looking for suitable sites, and I notice PoisonBee now has a double-entry when I close in to it.  Its listed twice, as:

Tower   - - - - - -
Tower   - - - - - -

Presumably because there are two 'factions' in it.  One of my necromancer Sluste, The Evil of Tongs, or the original owners are not being counted, but the other two are?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:35:31 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2014, 04:36:29 pm »

07Felsite100

F001-000-00

Deler removed the wax from the slab, tossing it impatiently onto the ground. 

Deler WindSiezes; miner of Geldphases;
  This letter has been sent on the back of the most trusted . . .  Should this slab be un-waxed on any. . . His Majesty, King Kubuk Windclimates, has requested you specifically from a list of the most qualified candidates . . . meet with the other carefully selected . . . then you are all to embark to The Problematic Jungles . . . goblins nearby . . . the future expansion of the kingdom depends on . . . For greater dwarven peace and justice . . . We are putting our faith in you.  Do not fail us.
    May the King's Benevolence always shine upon you.   
  Office of Kingdom Affairs

Bomreks.  He's just been drafted.  With no family to speak of, it wasn't all that surprising.  Seems the Kingdom had a way of ensuring the weakest clans were weeded out or forged through fire.  This was going to be the start of his great ascent or his last hurrah.

Meeting at the Depot, he was slowly joined by the other six.  He had never seen these dwarves before.  Plenty of time to get to know them, over two weeks of tedious travel.
Checking their issued supplies, he was at least comforted to see they matched each dwarf's skill set.  To 'Backside'!

Heh, the backside of the King's ass was more like where he was going.  Savage monsters and expansive goblins awaited.

---

Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Group (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lakishadek, Backside (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: animals (click to show/hide)

Backstory inbound. Above.

We arrive on Felsite 7.  Here is our rough sketch of the 5x5 area.

Spoiler: Why this location? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 07:25:10 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2014, 07:31:05 pm »

07Felsite100 - 28Hematite100  *Story above

F001-01-01

Upon arriving, Deler glanced about.  What a untamed place!  Packed with colored trees and giant monsters, this was no place for a dawrf.  They didnt even have proper weapons, instead having received bars of metal and an anvil.  Well, a quick survey of the land prompted them to move to the lower elevations, in the hope of avoiding the aquifer.  Some pre-digging found an acceptable site, and they struck the Earth around a week after arriving.  On 24 Hematite, 3 migrants arrived with some walking meat.  Sturdy animals to butcher come winter.

Deler was a miner by trade, and found leadership hard.  Thus, on the 28th of Hematite, he handed over administrative duties, And the fort began in earnest.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 07:47:50 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2014, 10:05:49 pm »

28Hematite100 - 17Limestone100

F001-01-02

Vucar SwamSeal breathed a sigh of relief.  She was sick of this assignment.  Every outpost was the same;  'Oh, Vucar, you have to understand!  We have to be comfortable to produce the King's goods!  Please give us time!'  Bah.
The migrants, both the drafted ones and the willing drifters, were unwilling to maintain any sense of dignity for the first, what -three or four years?  Why was she chosen to deal with them?

She of course knew why already.  She was upwardly mobile, which is no small feat for a girl in a currency-less economy.  Coins were made, but they were largely decorative.  The real deals were made with good old fashioned bartering.  After all; why waste good gold on coins?

this particular group - *The Lined Gates of Backside - were no exception.  Sure, they had all their workshops inside (which, to their credit, most don't after 6 months), but they didnt even have trade goods set up yet!  Vucar saw the glassmaker smelting down lignite instead of producing goods!  Rascal . . .

Stll, at least they were fast about meeting her.  They seemed to want her gone as much as she wanted to be gone.  She had a husband now, and wanted to see him.  Ahh, a family was all she dreamed of . . .

Settling in to work on her report to the King's Censors, Vucar thought about what she would say.  A bad report would ruin the reputation of the founding group . . .

-The Lined Gates reports moderate success in their homebuilding.  They have a common dormatory in what they claim will become block storage when completed.   doubt the truth to this, as a well is present in that particular room.

-Farming has begun in Backside, 40 Urists worth of land.  Although I did not witness any crops, it stands to reason that since Autumn is Plump Helmet Season that they would not have started before my arrival.  I wil check their progress next year.

-A crude wooden bridge was constructed across the stream.  Downstream from the fort several streams merge into a small river.  consider using rafts to transport goods in fair weather.
  Do Note:  I have included the locations they claim will house traps for basic defense.  construction was in progress upon my departure.

-Their art is crude; consisting of exactly one statue.  At least it fits the mood of the fort, being so close to goblins.  The Blotted Arch, as you know, only has second-hand accounts of their depravity.

I left them with The King's wishes.  They will, if they know what's important, produce the following craft for next trading season:
-Drinks
-Blocks
-Metal Bars
-Backpacks
-Braclets
-Raw Plants
-Shields and Bucklers
-Ammunition
-Medical Splints
-Assorted Tools

I was sure to emphasis the blocks, plants, and splints for the Bureau.

---

Vucar drifted off to sleep, holding her husband Rith in her mind . . . .
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 08:28:00 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2014, 09:23:24 pm »

17Limestone100 - 01Granite101

F001-02-01

Dear Journal;

Today I finalized trade with the caravans.  We had 2 clutches of fine copper bolts, 4 bronze axes, and 10 excellent glass balls for trade, and we received several low quality ropes, an assortment of metal bars and anvils, some food, a few low quality steel items, some pack animals, and leather.  These supplies were much needed, and after some haggling I realized that I didn't have the skill to make a good deal.  I know spiked glass balls are expensive, but I dont have the exact figures memorized, so instead I offered 4, 6, 8, and the 10 balls until the caravan left, with the largest smile upon their face I have ever seen.  No matter; next year they shall bring more.  And to boot, all of it will be what we ordered, namely iron, steel, tin, leather, cloth, booze, plants, and lignite.  I didn't bother telling them the glassmaker was thrown from his bed to quickly assemble the balls; best they don't know how desperate we were.

- - -

Today is such a pleasant day!  The winters are warmer than the mountainhomes, but nonetheless they provide a comfortable atmosphere in which to work outside in.  We have not received fall or winter migrants, which means we have to continue to divide the miscellaneous jobs amoungst ourselves.  That is a drain upon our meaning, but we cant just ignore the industries.  We ran out of lignite the other day, and without furnace workers cannot keep a steady supply of glass flowing.  A shame, but we smelted all the copper as well.
  Outside, cooking and cleaning is going on.  The lake and river a re providing abundant fish, and the herder spends his spare time gather herbs for seasoning.  Not the most productive work, but busywork is better than no work.
  Do note that the fish are hatching early . . .
  Tigerfish steak sounds delicious!  We must try to catch a few!  Maybe the young will do us the favor of hanging around long enough to get a few cages out.

- - -

Work on the Main Hall has progressed.  We only have one level dug out, but have set up a large goods stockpile.  We also dug out the aquifer in a completely safe manner, using reverse pressure to sustain a stable water level precisely where we want it.  This well will never run out of water so long as I live, and likely for many millenia after I go.  The dorm is being dug out, and the stoneshops have been moved under.  now if we could get bodies to staff them.

- - -

The first death occurred today.  Just a hunting dog we bought off the caravan, but still.  A big tick moved into our land, and the dogs attacked.  With 5 war dogs and the hunting dog, victory was assured, but the beast sucked half the life out of Fath.  The girl sat wimpering for a full day before going . . .
  Logem, the hunter, seems to be trying to ignore it, but I can see the grief inside him.  He really liked the idea of having it behind him.

- - -

Happy New Years!
I'm a little more sober tonight than my brethren, for I had to check the ledger and log the events of the day into the books.  Without a bookkeeper around, it naturally falls to the most important dwarf to do it . . . At least I think it does.  When more migrants rrive we will hopefully be able to assign proper administration around here!
  I'm going back now, to drink some wine and have a chuckle or two . . . Don't wait up now!

- - -

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:36:55 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- - - - -

F001-03-00

Ill drop a line in Legend's viewer thread, see if its new or whathaveyou. Issue was fixed quite handily!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:07:38 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

01Granite101 - 01Limestone101

F001-03-01

Vucar was furious. 
What Over Obuk were those grouper heads doing?  They had nobody to meet with!  They just looked at me like they were stupid and said 'we don't have nobility'!
  Sighing, Vucar prepared the most malicious and hard-nosed report she could for the bureau.  Some of it was speculation; but as far as she was concerned The Lined Gates had it coming.

-The Lined Gates have grown wood products in their Depot.  While trading with the elves isn't precisely illegal, we have never enjoyed good relations with these cannibals, and without adequate ability to negotiate a deal fair to all of dwarvenkind I must disapprove of their actions.  That we know nothing of these particular elves only makes it more dangerous.
  The Lined Gates say they simply moved their Depot while the elves were on it, but who can say?

-Trade with the humans commenced.  They traded the grown wood and spiked balls for leather and food and booze.

-The Lined Gates claims that their expedition leader was slain by something.  I asked them repeatedly what and their only reply was IT.  Their inability to provide a proper name suggests that they are lying or the creature is completely foreign to us as a culture.  Both bode poorly for The Blotted Arch's safety should the experiment at Backside continue.
I had the one who is credited with slaying it - Nish - sketch me a picture.  Here it is.
  It apparently was heard far off and they decided to order every creature outside to face it.  Why didn't they use a damn military to stop it!!! [because I couldn't bloody found one!]
  In either case the death of the previous expedition leader is dubious.  They claim he was quartered and then had his eyes gouged out by the beast before he bled to death.  Not likely.
The Lined Gates further claims that the body is interred in the Meeting hall, but I didnt see anything but a vaguely coffin-like box.  Their efforts to lie are backed with poor-quality craftsdwarfship.
  Furthermore, they claim this thing drooled a ichorous white fluid that seems to induce a comatose-like state.  They showed me a dog, with a small scar, and claimed that for two days it sat in a death-like coma.  Their lies are petty as well as shoddy.

They report giant weasels and elephants nearby, and wish to stay to catch a pair for our breeders.  I recommend immediate termination of the Backside debacle and disciplinary actions taken for the incompetence displayed.  No voluntary migrant waves have been spotted, and no further crown support should be given.

Vucar SwamSeal, liaison of the northwestern Great Hills.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:07:18 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

01Limestone101 - 01Granite102

F001-03-02

Dear Journal;

I did not meet with the liaison when she came.  I was busy tallying the stocks, because those lazy dwarves won't do any administrative work themselves.  She spent less than an hour on site before the workers say she stormed off in rage.  I should mention I have nothing against her, but she's got a stick in her beard.
  The hunter has gone out and started punching elephants.  Silly Logem, this is not how you deal with the loss of you work dog.  Luckily, he was ineffectual enough that they largely ignored him.

---

Migrants!  10 glorious, half sober little beards came walking down the hill on 20 Limestone.  I replaced our ranks and gave out basic jobs.  We still have no military, but 6 full-time recruits.
  A mining accident ha claimed the life of one and resulted in 2 casualties.  Nish has a broken hand, but survived.  The new guy . . .

We were creating underground farm and pastureland.  Its going well, but we have one more level to flood.

- - -

Another IT came, by the goblin name Ostrot Xungogugo Zusloamxu.  No bloody military yet, so back to moving everything topside.  Monsters can't keep attacking us while the nobles screen is busted.  Its approaching bug territory.

The monster was quickly curb-stomped by war horses and war dogs and war pigs. [sorry, I didnt mention it because its brand new.  A few common critters have trainable tags]

---

Here is a map of the area and our fortress within it.  The cavern is pierced.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:16:41 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

01Granite102 - 15Malachite102

F001-04-01

More Migrants arrived.  They were babbling about something called a 'bomb'.  I don't know what they mean.

A fey mood happened, forcing us to make a clothier shop for our new doctor.

We ultimately regretted it.  Whatever.

More migrants came, pushing the population up to 51.  Its my hope we get promoted to a village and get an automatically elected mayor, fixing this screwed up nobility screen.  If not I will ultimately abandon.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 07:15:49 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

15malachite102 - 14Sandstone102

F001-05-01

Vucar stood on the hillside, watching the soldiers escort the latest migrants into Backside.  Her lips curled into a devilish smile.  She told them, and as her word is impeccable, the King responded with action.  She was here to see the relief of command in Backside.

The six of the starting seven still alive were rounded up, and shoved into her impromptu office.  She forced them to debrief her, and then settled what they didn't finish.  One of them, the miner Nish Solamkadol, had even managed to strand a puppy!

The place had 2 items worth a toss in it.  2 artifacts and a masterpiece barrel.
Honestly, the less said on that the better.

Relieving the old administration of duty, Vucar ordered the cavern breached and then set about making real progress . . .
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 09:28:55 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Intermission 03

Spoiler: Backside Population (click to show/hide)
51 dogs

The world population is rising.  There are 4000 more civilized critters than 2 year ago!

-The nobles screen had busted on me????
  very irritating.

-Sigh.  What now?  Another fort or an adventurer?

-I have decided to update the civ and other data logs after 5 years or so.  Its been 2 years, and look at this goblin activity.  Ive definitely noticed that goblins tend to fight groups over civs . . .
We haven't looked at that group yet, but I see no reason to update now instead of in a few years.

-Check out the latest civ-map, its been only 2 years and its relatively different.

-And Finally, Just after we embarked for Backside, The Good King Kubuk saw fit to Attack the neighboring merlocks over the many, many abuses committed against animals.  The war wages until this day, and will likely influence my embark
Spoiler: LV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Legends (click to show/hide)
As you can see, we are 'losing' the war, if you could call 5 1v1 duels in the wilderness battles.  The war is a joint endevour of the Humans of The Velvety Realm, and the farther away Kingdom of chasms

-Other dwarfy news:
  -The castle of Masters to the north:
    -at war (defending) against 3 goblin civs
    -Winning all three wars, which are currently just random duels

-The Lens of Quandaries
    At peace, expanding south

-The Tame Mines
    -At war (1 defend, 1 attack) with 2 Elf civs.
    -Lost a major fort to elves, with tunnel connections to 4 other sites.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 04:03:01 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Momentousdomain: Welcome to RighteousShaft
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2014, 06:38:36 pm »

28Sandstone102

F002-00-00

Pkop walked into the meeting room.  Having arrived in DanceAxe less than three days ago, he found it to be rather upfront with its design.  The king was sensibly tucked into a lavish chain of Meeting Halls  surrounded by his court and own people.  The various counts and barons would work on the upper floors to gain the king's favor, something worthy indeed.
  His party slowly filtered into the room.  He was early, so he couldn't hold it against them.
Spoiler: S7 (click to show/hide)
  He had read about them on the briefing.  This was a fine enough group, given the expected conditions they were to start in.

The area was a desolated swamp, rumored to be Haunted by most.  The southern portion of the area would be a mountain, also Haunted by rumors of vicious monsters.  A stream ran from the mountain through the swamp to the north, creating a little waterfall.  The area was typically not traveled to by the other race, so trade might or might not happen outside of the annual dwarven caravan.
  At least they would be prepared.  they were bringing quite practical gear:
Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)

Map of the area is here  Note the stark and branching contrast between evil  mountain and evil swamp.

On site, we immedietely saw a rotten looking creature in the distance.  Hopefully the trained dwarves would grab their weapons in a timely manner . . .
Spoiler: Neighbors (click to show/hide)
  Welcome to Kirararak 'RighteousShaft'!  May our forges support the war against the merlocks of The Strange Realm!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 01:32:08 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5